PDA

View Full Version : Bets on how long Haley's hair is when she and Elan are finally reunited

neoseph7
2008-12-14, 02:04 AM
There a few options I see:

(1) Her hair won't grow back.

(2) Her hair will grow back to full with the aid of magic

(3) After every plot arch without Haley, her hair will grow a little when you see her again. No one else's will (and that will be a setup for it's own joke).

So how long will it be when she and Elan are finally together again (length in hair, not time)? Also, what do you think his reaction will be?

TheSummoner
2008-12-14, 02:56 AM
My guess is shoulder length by then

Hydro Globus
2008-12-14, 03:00 AM
So how long will it be when she and Elan are finally together again (length in hair, not time)?

Sorry for again bringing a topic off, but...

What is the ratio between (for example) 1 cm of hair and 1 strip of comic? :)

Also, what do you think his reaction will be?

I really hope he wouldn't even notice and Haley will get all angry on this, but will say nothing. Then, after 50 or so strips (when it will all have grown back): Hey, Haley! You did something with your hair, didn't you?

neoseph7
2008-12-14, 03:21 AM
I think she has 4 "stages" of hair growth before it is all back (now-> crystal's length-> neck length-> shoulder length-> full). I also think it will grow one "stage" with each story arch not focused on her.

EyethatBinds
2008-12-14, 03:29 AM
Check the rule books for hair growth tables.

neoseph7
2008-12-14, 03:32 AM
there are rules for hair growth?

Morgan Wick
2008-12-14, 04:46 AM
Rich will probably ignore them.

neoseph7
2008-12-14, 05:00 AM
Rich will probably ignore them.

True enough. Her hair will grow back "at the speed of plot". The question is, what will this speed be?

busterswd
2008-12-14, 05:38 AM
Same length. Don't forget the sending spell went off.

neoseph7
2008-12-14, 05:47 AM
There are no teleporters. Durkon and Elan might be able to get a ship and a small crew, but there is still the issue with V. There is still plenty of potential for plot archs before the team is reunited. 484 is the comic that should end a book, and thus the arch. So this arch should finish soon if we assume 120 comics. But assumptions lead to mistakes, and it could be two archs for the party to be reunited (or it could occur in the middle of the next arch). Not to mention the fact that we still have the linear guild and team evil to throw in their two cents. The current sub arch might end with the two teams about to be reunited, and then enjoy 30 to 40 strips encompassing the Linears, followed by Xykon, followed by Roy in heaven, which will end with his revival and finally the team being (mostly back together). Thats an awful long time for hair to grow back.

edit: There are also the good guys in Azurite city (the resistance and/or O-chul) which could eat up time.

Nof
2008-12-14, 05:48 AM
In her way to achieve her goals, she has been mutilated. It's one of the cost she had to pay for those goals.
Her mutilation is really special in the way that it's heavily socially related, instead of physically disabling.
If she doesn't have to deal with her mutilation, then the price payed is denied, and she'll have a cheap victory, which will be anti-climatic.

The plot demands that she confront Elan with short hair.

Ron Miel
2008-12-14, 05:52 AM
I think the reunion is not far away, perhaps today (that's an in-strip day, not a real time day, oracle fans) so her hair will be the same length.

And I've already predicted how the reunion will go:

http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97305

rxmd
2008-12-14, 06:02 AM
Same length. Don't forget the sending spell went off.

Oh, did it?

TheRagi
2008-12-14, 06:16 AM
There are no teleporters.

Actually, the azurite nobles do indeed have mages capable of teleportation.

Benj
2008-12-14, 06:25 AM
Didn't the giant give us a prediction in the War and XPs compilation that said that before the order could re-unite one of the characters would suffer a permanent change in appearance? I suspected V at the time, but now I think Haley's hair may never grow back.

Puppeteer
2008-12-14, 06:30 AM
There might be time jumps like the one we witnessed with the departure of Hinjo's junk (...hehe junk...) from the Azure City's harbor. It jumped immediatly 2 months forward and it might happen again depending on what happens next, thus giving plenty of reasons to actually notice a speedy hair growth strip-wise.

Iranon
2008-12-14, 08:41 AM
(4) She'll appreciate not getting long hair trapped in something when she's skulking sneakily and shave it off entirely.

SPoD
2008-12-15, 12:07 AM
Actually, the azurite nobles do indeed have mages capable of teleportation.

No, they MIGHT have had teleporters, in Hinjo's opinion, at the time of the Azure City battle. However, if they haven't been used yet, it safe to say that they didn't actually have any. Or that the nobles aren't letting Hinjo use them. Either way, it's unlikely that they will come into play now.

Hydro Globus
2008-12-15, 12:10 AM
...Either way, it's unlikely that they will come into play now.

...without a story arc focusing on just that.