PDA

View Full Version : I dont know that this qualifies as media but the "Jonestown tape"

Jae
2008-12-14, 02:20 AM
I've listened to it once or twice now and I dont know if it bothers anybody else, but it disturbs me everytime.

Im listening to the last of it as I type on youtube and fdkajfhdafda nobody else has left a comment saying theyre particularly disturbed about this but the screaming and the arguing is seriously so extremely CHILLING.

I want to know if I'm the only one who felt this way, or if anybody else finds this nightmare-worthy.

Stupendous_Man
2008-12-14, 03:09 AM
Don't have to see it to know it's disturbing.

Jae
2008-12-14, 06:18 PM
Well yeah obv. I am not going to suggest listening but I thought maybe somebody had already heard it.

Griemont
2008-12-14, 06:23 PM
So...what exactly is this? :smallconfused:

Jae
2008-12-14, 06:51 PM
Its the last recording from Jonestown, Guyana in which Jim Jones convinces everybody to drink cyanide-laced kool-aid.

and idk its not graphic i guess, considering its a recording and there are no images, but its eerie to hear so many brainwashed people and screaming children and bfdafjkldafa

TSGames
2008-12-14, 09:43 PM
"I'm right"
"I'm the best friend you'll ever have"
"I'm a prophet"
"I made my manifestation and the world was not ready for me."
Wow. This guy. I don't even know what to say....

Jae
2008-12-15, 01:04 AM
Well, he was the leader of a cult and convinced hundreds of people he was the closest living thing to God...

so its to be expected.

WhiteHarness
2008-12-15, 03:50 PM
fdkajfhdafda

bfdafjkldafa

What do you mean by these?

Jae
2008-12-15, 07:14 PM
fdkajfhdafda is an acronym for "freaking dumb kids and jesus forget how (the) devil and (his) friends dont acknowledge..." how disturbing the tape is

and bfdafjkldafa stands for "beetches forget dat fugly jiggalos kan love dem all forever aight!"
yeah I know the second one seems out of place but somtimes dem beetches need remindin

Haydenhawk
2008-12-16, 12:24 PM
The whole idea of Jonestown nis just chilling

I was watching the recent CNN documentary about it and my parents left the room because it was just ... scary almost.

What i hate the most is how they killed the children. Injecting them with cyanide was horrible instead of giving them a chance in life

Chilling is the correct term for sure.

Jae
2008-12-16, 08:24 PM
Yeah, thats what I mean.

you can hear screaming kids and hes just like "parents, calm your children down. explain to them why were doing this" etcetc

and anybody who tried to make a logical argument against the suicide pact got called a traitor and chewed out =/

TSGames
2008-12-16, 11:57 PM
fdkajfhdafda is an acronym for "freaking dumb kids and jesus forget how (the) devil and (his) friends dont acknowledge..." how disturbing the tape is

and bfdafjkldafa stands for "beetches forget dat fugly jiggalos kan love dem all forever aight!"
yeah I know the second one seems out of place but somtimes dem beetches need remindin
These acronyms really should have killed the thread.

TheEmerged
2008-12-17, 03:31 PM
Yeah, I heard these a few years ago when I was doing some research into some of the conspiracy theories about Jonestown.

If you think the tape is disturbing, do some research on Jonestown *period*, especially some of the apologists that try to insist it was never as bad as the media depicted and that the tape is a fake.

ArlEammon
2008-12-17, 10:53 PM
Yeah, I heard these a few years ago when I was doing some research into some of the conspiracy theories about Jonestown.

If you think the tape is disturbing, do some research on Jonestown *period*, especially some of the apologists that try to insist it was never as bad as the media depicted and that the tape is a fake.

I've been in a Jone'stown cult once.