PDA

View Full Version : Boosting Lay on Hands

Blue Warlock
2008-12-14, 02:27 AM
I have been looking around to try and find ways to boost the amount of damage you can heal with the lay on hands ability other than simply upping your charisma or paladin level.
So far I haven't found any feats that can pull it off but I'm open to any magic items, spells etc. that can pull it off.

Also, I know its smarter to use wands of CLW to actually heal, but this is all about using the grey guards special abilities to their maximum effect.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-14, 03:00 AM
There is a feat called Hands of the Healer which boosts your Cha by 2 for the purpose of calculating how many HPs you can restore with Lay on Hands, but I don't know of anything else that would work.

AslanCross
2008-12-14, 04:55 AM
In Eberron, there's a feat (Action Healing) that can boost the amount of HP healed by LoH. It can also allow you to use LoH as a swift action or up to 30 feet away if you spend an action point. Needs the use of action points in the campaign though.

Saph
2008-12-14, 07:27 AM
The Unicorn Pendant from the Magic Item Compendium boosts a pally's Cha by 4 for the purposes of their lay on hands ability, and lets you use CMW and Neutralise Poison as well. Not a bad deal for 6,000 gold.

- Saph

Renegade Paladin
2008-12-14, 08:14 AM
The Unicorn Pendant from MiC totally ripped the Lay on Hands ability of the Rebalanced Paladin. Not a bad deal for 6,000 gold.

- Saph
Fixed. :smalltongue:

Blue Warlock
2008-12-14, 10:08 PM
Thanks for the helps guys, and that pendant is totally awesome because the bonus is untyped. Anybody know of any other abilities that can pull this off? (Like maybe something that will boost the modifier from other classes?)

Fawsto
2008-12-15, 10:56 AM
LoH would be nice if it was similar or equivalent to the Dragon Shaman's healing touch.

Besides that modification, I can't think of nothing else.

Person_Man
2008-12-15, 12:17 PM
Thanks for the helps guys, and that pendant is totally awesome because the bonus is untyped. Anybody know of any other abilities that can pull this off? (Like maybe something that will boost the modifier from other classes?)

This probably isn't what you're looking for, but I thought I'd throw it out there.

The Hellreaver (Fiendish Codex II) can heal 10/20/30 (depending on the level) hit points per round as a Swift Action when in combat (plus Immunity to Fear, Mettle, and other nice bits). And the Combat Vigor feat (PHBII) gives you Fast Healing 2 or 4 (depending on how many combat form feats you possess) when in combat. This doesn't help Lay on Hands per say, but it'll help you with combat healing. Put them together with a Paladin of Freedom and you get a ridiculous tank build.

LibraryOgre
2008-12-15, 01:09 PM
I'll add that Pathfinder does great things with a Paladin's lay on hands ability. At very high levels, you can use it to Heal.