PDA

View Full Version : ACRONYM OOC 2: In the name of Freeform!

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6

Kaelaroth
2008-12-14, 10:36 AM
A thread for OOC stuff related to the ACRONYM organizations - AMEN, GLoG, HALO, NO, PEACE etc.

If you're curious, ACRONYM stands for Associated Crazy and Redundant Organizations Needlessly Yearning Meaning. It's hard to define exactly what makes an ACRONYM, but they all share the following characteristics.

It's hard to define exactly what makes an ACRONYM, but they all share the following characteristics:
Their name is an acronym.
They tend to revolve around some sort of common trait shared by most of their members - in most cases, this is alignment, but we've had at least one organization that allowed only female characters.
They are roleplaying games, obviously.
They have one thread which is their "main" or "HQ" thread, which are usually numbered in Roman numerals and has a different, witty title for each new thread, and occasionally have spin-off threads for plots that take place outside of the base.
All the ACRONYMs exist in a sort of shared multiverse.

A few of the ACRONYMs include:

AMEN - The Association of Malicious, Evil, and Nefarious. The original ACRONYM group, and the longest running (if not the one with the most threads). Wacky, crazy, and often needlessly violent. Enter at your own risk.
HALO - The Heroic, Anti-Evil and Lawbreaking Organization. The first good-centered ACRONYM which survived more than a few threads. Currently holds the record for most threads. Formerly arch-enemies of AMEN.
GLoG - The Good League of Good. Their name comes from The Evil League of Evil, from Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog. (http://drhorrible.com/) The second good-centered organization to survive. Why two good organizations? There are distinct roleplaying differences between the two. If you want to join a good organization, I'd recommend trying out both and seeing which fits your likes better.
NO - The Neutralist Organization. Where gray is the new black. Very neutral.
PEACE - A semi-serious roleplaying organisation for evildoers, where plot is tolerated, and stamped on less than in AMEN.

Don't like any of the choices? Want to make your own? Read these rules first.

Acronym organizations are NOT Cliques, Clubs, or FanGroups. They are Role-Playing Games. Please start one only if you and a certain group of people have intent of following it through. If it's for the sake of having something in your sig, make up a club, gather friends, and sig it.
Acronym Organizations should be open. As per forum rules, nobody is to be denied admittance into our circle. Note: this is referring to players, not characters, it's perfectly reasonable to not allow evil characters in your good organization (unless they want to become good, but that's besides the point) but you can't not allow a player to join.
If Rule 1 is met by your intentions, please make sure none of the existing organizations fit your Role-Playing Necessities. Organizations based around the same thing should be significantly different in style, i.e. HALO and GLoG.
If a plot within an existent organization requires the creation of a new organization, remember that it is not necessary to create the organization OOC. Organizations can be created fully IC within the bounds of another organization, for example, AMEN's TESTAMENT.
It's not Personal, it's ACRONYM. As much as our characters may fight each other, remember we're all friends here and just want to have fun with each other.

ACRONYM Shack: You've got questions, we've got answers.
Q: Hey, why isn't my organization on the big shiny list?
A: Probably because it hasn't gotten to two threads yet. We love new ACRONYMs, we really do, but frankly, if it can't survive for two threads, it doesn't get to go in the big shiny index.

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 10:43 AM
I understand the first part, but HALO is at the bottom of an ocean. Take a surface pod to the top and then you'd be... hundreds of miles from any sort of fields, bluffs, forests, or whatever would be out there. I can understand the need for a meeting place, but I feel that we can not attempt to establish the "outside" between our bases, as such an expanse would necessarily have to encompass an area of hundreds, maybe thousands, of square miles. One can't really attempt to combine all of our bases together in a solid map. One would honestly just have to do a little handwaving and ignore reality to do so. What about those members of HALO who can't teleport? What would be the point of traveling hundreds of miles just to meet someone?

Edit: sounds like something that would be fought over.

HALO doesn't have to be in walking distance of the Taverna if it doesn't want to be. GLoG, NO, and the Citadel all do want to be. HALO members can just take the portal that leads to right outside GLoG and then walk to the Taverna. And I think AMEN is in its own little pocket of unreality anyway, so they don't really need continuity.

HALO being at the bottom of the ocean is the main reason I'll never have a member there. The setting creeps me out.

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 10:43 AM
Dibs on thread three.

FireFox
2008-12-14, 10:46 AM
HALO doesn't have to be in walking distance of the Taverna if it doesn't want to be. GLoG, NO, and the Citadel all do want to be. HALO members can just take the portal that leads to right outside GLoG and then walk to the Taverna. And I think AMEN is in its own little pocket of unreality anyway, so they don't really need continuity.

HALO being at the bottom of the ocean is the main reason I'll never have a member there. The setting creeps me out.

You misunderstand me. I think it's a good idea, but as Kael explained, "it just is within walking distance". I guess this is just a pet peeve, but it's easier to accept things like these when you don't think about them. Well, an easy solution would be that the Outside is just nowhere near, or at least bordering, or even partually containing, the large body of water above HALO.
Heh, I guess this is what happens when people go ahead and establish their bases before being lumped together with everything.

It's easiest to just imagine it as a space station. Same dangers, same securities.

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 10:52 AM
Okay. I totally don't understand what you're trying to say at all, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm sure Reinholdt would be happy to edit the Outside post to include that it's not near HALO.

I wouldn't make a character based on a space station, either. Unless it was a space based game. Maybe I just like sunlight and flowers too much.

FireFox
2008-12-14, 10:55 AM
Okay. I totally don't understand what you're trying to say at all, but I guess it doesn't matter. I'm sure Reinholdt would be happy to edit the Outside post to include that it's not near HALO.

I wouldn't make a character based on a space station, either. Unless it was a space based game. Maybe I just like sunlight and flowers too much.

Yeah, now I'm confused about what I'm saying... Uh, it is just that HALO is at the bottom of an ocean and the only things around them on the surface are abandoned islands (as established by previous events/threads/plots) and now that all of the acronyms are lumped together in the same place-ish, with threads of buildings and places between them,it is kind of confusing and I don't know how to picture it... That make sense?

I know what you mean. Actually, my first character there just made a Hollowed Glade outside somewhere else and then erected a portal to HALO, so that anybody walking into his room would find themselves outside somewhere. He likes sunshine and flowers too.

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 11:02 AM
Okay, then the issue isn't the geography of Acronymia in general, it's just HALO isn't near any of it. So we just need to make that clear.

Oh, and GLoG isn't in the middle of a giant forest, it's on the borders of a giant forest. So it's perfectly realistic that there is civilization nearby.

FireFox
2008-12-14, 11:04 AM
Okay, then the issue isn't the geography of Acronymia in general, it's just HALO isn't near any of it. So we just need to make that clear.

Oh, and GLoG isn't in the middle of a giant forest, it's on the borders of a giant forest. So it's perfectly realistic that there is civilization nearby.

Yeah... which just makes us seem even more isolationist, which is what we are trying to avoid... I'm not saying I want HALO to be far away from everything else, I'm just saying that it was previously established to be.

Ah...

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 11:12 AM
okay then...

previous events had you far away from everything, but then people settled on the nearest coast?

FireFox
2008-12-14, 11:14 AM
Which is where the Taverna is located obviously, and the submersible pods are programmed to take people there... >.>
Yeah, that works, thanks.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 12:07 PM
Well I'm glad it's being talked about at least, even if it hasn't yet been used. :smallsmile:

If you need me to edit something in, PM me what you want me to put in (typing it up yourself would make it easy and without confusion) and I'll do what I can. I just wanted to make a variable neutral ground that could have whatever setting people needed, within limits of course.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-14, 12:09 PM
Well I'm glad it's being talked about at least, even if it hasn't yet been used. :smallsmile:

If you need me to edit something in, PM me what you want me to put in (typing it up yourself would make it easy and without confusion) and I'll do what I can. I just wanted to make a variable neutral ground that could have whatever setting people needed, within limits of course.

How massively annoyed would you be if I continued to make Taverna-style threads? :smallfrown:

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 12:13 PM
How massively annoyed would you be if I continued to make Taverna-style threads? :smallfrown:
Huh? :smallconfused: I wouldn't be annoyed in the least.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-14, 12:15 PM
Huh? :smallconfused: I wouldn't be annoyed in the least.

Even considering the next one I have ready is technically an outdoor area?
Eh?
EH?
EH?!

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 12:17 PM
Even considering the next one I have ready is technically an outdoor area?
Eh?
EH?
EH?!
I hope I didn't upset you Kael. :smallfrown: That wasn't my intention.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-14, 12:19 PM
I hope I didn't upset you Kael. :smallfrown: That wasn't my intention.

Nah, you didn't, s'cool. I was just worried there'd be tension. Which there obviously isn't.
Anyhoo, it's occured to me, Acronym's going to end up like a kind of citadel/keep. Big bases, with scattered places gravitating t'wards them.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 12:23 PM
Nah, you didn't, s'cool. I was just worried there'd be tension. Which there obviously isn't.
Anyhoo, it's occured to me, Acronym's going to end up like a kind of citadel/keep. Big bases, with scattered places gravitating t'wards them.
*phew* Yay! :smallsmile: I don't want to upset anyone.

Go for it. Your threads are always interesting.

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 12:25 PM
Not everyone lives in keeps. Decker has a treehouse, and Raven has (or had--probably needs to be rebuilt after Dire Winter) a log cabin.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-14, 12:28 PM
Go for it. Your threads are always interesting.

I'm going to wait for a little while, perhaps till January - I want it to be roughly where Draken's Frozen Mountain is, and I think that's still intact, no? :smallconfused:

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 12:34 PM
I'm going to wait for a little while, perhaps till January - I want it to be roughly where Draken's Frozen Mountain is, and I think that's still intact, no? :smallconfused:
Yes, for the most part. Though the engine seems to be frozen.

happyturtle
2008-12-14, 12:39 PM
"I've been making a study of the infernal deadtime ooze. I've determined that it gains its strength from the spherical shape of the world beyond the fourth wall as well as the educational and/or financial obligations of its inhabitants. Unfortunately, I'm unsure how we can defeat it."

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-14, 02:32 PM
Regarding issues with getting from HALO to other places, I thought the HALO base had it's own teleporter system, FF? I know that every member should get a bracelet which allows them to immedietly recall to HALO as well. I only have 3 characters; Nicholas is basically a clone of me with Archivist levels tagged on, and I hardly ever use Axel due to having problems making him sound different to Tempest (dispite being a fennec as well, Axel has an English accent for some reason).

FireFox
2008-12-14, 02:37 PM
((Dispel Trousers?!
...you really should have been here awhile back. Of course, the rest of the board would probably have run screaming in terror at the thought of a Happy-and-De team. :smalleek::smallredface::smallamused::smalltongue: ))

Now that I'm thinking about it I'm scared clean out of my mind. :smalleek:

Oh yeah Tempest, there are the teleporters...

Lex-Kat
2008-12-14, 04:05 PM
I have 7 characters:

Lex
Melody
Judy the Assassin
The Onion (currently retired)
The Little Girl
Dr. Al Beit
Neirian (Co-owned by Turtle)

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 04:06 PM
I have 2. :smallsigh:

But I love them both so much, I doubt I'd give any other character I made screen time.

Raistlin1040
2008-12-14, 04:06 PM
I has 3, Amour, Tyler, and Birdie. Of course, back when I was really active in the Town, I had about 20 active at a time.

I also have Morrison, Nerull, Rob, Zane, and Santiago. But I don't take any of them places, they're kind of like NPCs, except Rob and Morrison ocassionally get fleshed out.

Boo
2008-12-14, 04:16 PM
I have the ones listed in the registry, and 3 old ones that I've kinda ditched.

Now, how is everyone liking PEACE? Anything confusing, or does everyone understand it enough? Any improvement suggestions for the OP?

Just wondering because of the mass confusion when it first started.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-14, 05:37 PM
I like the OP of the thread. But it makes me sad. I don't think the Onion could get in. :smallfrown:

Boo
2008-12-14, 05:48 PM
Negotiate the entry of PEACE via the charisma trial, or go through the trial of wisdom.

Just some suggestions since the onion doesn't have any limbs to do the other trials.

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 05:49 PM
Doesn't he still have the "enhanced" fDC disguise?

Raistlin1040
2008-12-14, 05:50 PM
*Points at Boo* *Has totally got into the habit of calling him that since RHL started doing it in chat* You. You and I are going to do some PEACE roleplaying, sometime tonight.

Just a heads up.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-14, 05:57 PM
Doesn't he still have the "enhanced" fDC disguise?

Oooh. Thanks for reminding me. Forgot about that. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 08:53 PM
Everyone is deadtimed. :smallsigh:

Goblin Music
2008-12-14, 08:55 PM
Not Me! You ASPLODE!

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 08:57 PM
It would seem like it, though. It's awfully quiet...

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-14, 08:59 PM
...too quiet...
*is eaten by hideous monster thing*

Bergett
2008-12-14, 09:03 PM
*doesn't notice the eating*
Yeah... like the calm before the storm...
Duuun dun
What was that?
DUuun dun
Ahhh s***
Duuun dun duun dun duun dun...
S***! S***! S***!
duh duh duh duh duh dida dah!
*screams out of the darkness*

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 09:14 PM
Let's see... I'll be forced out of AMEN if I post there, no one's posting at PEACE, or Vespe's holiday thread that I can't remember the title of.

*yawn*

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-14, 09:30 PM
Hmmm... What about Acronymia as a sort of Valcanic Mini-Continent/Island?
AMEN would be based in the Valcano, (obviously) HALO would be offshore, there's a small budding town of sorts on the coast, where all the Taverna style buildings would be and where all the NPCs live. Nearby there'd be a forest, on the borders of which lies GLoG, and I seem to remember NO being on a plain. I don't know where PEACE is, but I think it was going to be in a desert, which could be hard to fit on the mini-continent, but thoughts?

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 09:32 PM
I dunno, but I do notice one thing.

You're on early.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-14, 09:33 PM
3 weeks of Christmas Holidays. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 09:34 PM
We only get two over here, though we should be getting out after this week.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 09:39 PM
Hmmm... What about Acronymia as a sort of Valcanic Mini-Continent/Island?
AMEN would be based in the Valcano, (obviously) HALO would be offshore, there's a small budding town of sorts on the coast, where all the Taverna style buildings would be and where all the NPCs live. Nearby there'd be a forest, on the borders of which lies GLoG, and I seem to remember NO being on a plain. I don't know where PEACE is, but I think it was going to be in a desert, which could be hard to fit on the mini-continent, but thoughts?
Eh. The way I see it is like this:

Acronymia has the setting you need and you can get there relatively easily.

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 09:41 PM
*nods*

I'm with Snipercat.

And yes, I know your avvy isn't a snipercat anymore, but the snipercat's name is Reinholdt, and that is your username, so I will continue to call you snipercat.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 09:43 PM
*nods*

I'm with Snipercat.

And yes, I know your avvy isn't a snipercat anymore, but the snipercat's name is Reinholdt, and that is your username, so I will continue to call you snipercat.
That's ok. Everyone considers me the sniper cat regardless of current status. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 09:45 PM
Also, something I've noticed is that I think up a lot of ideas for what to do here, but just as I'm about to do it I start worrying about how it'll go and I end up not doing it. Anyone else ever feel like that?

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-14, 10:00 PM
Yeah, except my worrying is retroactive. That's why I ninja edit so much. :smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 10:02 PM
I don't think a single one of my ideas has gone as planned.

I suppose the best thing to do is to find that uncertainty and random flow fun. :smallbiggrin:

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 10:07 PM
I suppose. I have a lot of ideas, but I know half of them will never work out and the other half I almost never go through with.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 10:13 PM
I suppose. I have a lot of ideas, but I know half of them will never work out and the other half I almost never go through with.
*Points at the Revelations plot*
I had a ton of ideas for that one I didn't get to use, because it didn't work out.

But you have to keep acting on them just to keep things interesting. *points at the Citadel attack by Fanboy* Only partially planned. But it worked out in ways completely unexpected.

*shrug* Gotta try.

Fan
2008-12-14, 11:14 PM
Agreed with Reindholt. I didbn't even know what the outcome coulsd have been for that attack. I just wanted some PLOT movement, and thus I tried.

Draken
2008-12-14, 11:18 PM
It was Rabbit's idea to make you look silly by having Draken and his critters not show up. I was really aiming to kill everyone there.

Also:

Calublufiok also peeks out and sees Tyler and the Comet. He watches the demonstration before speaking up. "Ah. The Fearful One. Weapons make for poor defense you know."

Yep. Then guns tend to 'splode ya know?

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 11:20 PM
This one won't 'splode.

Reinholdt
2008-12-14, 11:21 PM
^^ Heh. Total annihilation would have been fun, too. :smallamused: Oh well, could haves, and might have beens...

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-14, 11:56 PM
http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Kris-the-Slayer.png

Look! It's Kris-the-Slayer! I'm making KR next, so I can shove it into the face of everyone who calls her a guy. :smallannoyed:

Darkcomet
2008-12-14, 11:57 PM
I'm going to have to get a new DC avvy...

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-14, 11:59 PM
I might make it if you give me details.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 12:00 AM
Not now, is late.

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 12:28 AM
:smallsigh: Can't help you if you never bite any of the drama bait.

That would have been a cool story I was setting up, too. :smallamused:

Boo
2008-12-15, 01:31 AM
>> Loooong day. I can RP now! Yay!

Fan
2008-12-15, 01:56 AM
It was Rabbit's idea to make you look silly by having Draken and his critters not show up. I was really aiming to kill everyone there.

Also:

Yep. Then guns tend to 'splode ya know?

Heh, or so you think. I DO have plans for you.:smallamused:

Lex-Kat
2008-12-15, 01:58 AM
*Points at the Revelations plot*
I had a ton of ideas for that one I didn't get to use, because it didn't work out.

Sorry about that. :smallfrown: Neirian was going to show, but I got busy and forgot about it.

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 02:01 AM
Sorry about that. :smallfrown: Neirian was going to show, but I got busy and forgot about it.
She was? Aww... May have been able to pull it off with just her.

Eh. That's ok. I haven't given up on gathering the three of you quite yet. :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-12-15, 02:12 AM
Yeah. I was very curious as to how it'd work out.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 02:18 AM
For those of you who DON'T go to Enupnion, the member Wukei of that forum made Rai and I a Christmas present (http://heartcatcher.angelfire.com/desktops/valdisxmasbg0001.png) of Amour and Rabbit. :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 02:19 AM
I'm just too tempted to have Jazirian burst in, but it's just too gorram perfect. I blame DC for this. No, I don't know why either...

DARKCOMET!

@^: Brilliance! :smallbiggrin:

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 03:09 AM
For those of you who DON'T go to Enupnion, the member Wukei of that forum made Rai and I a Christmas present (http://heartcatcher.angelfire.com/desktops/valdisxmasbg0001.png) of Amour and Rabbit. :smallbiggrin:
Very nice.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-15, 03:24 AM
Regarding where the bases are situated, when HALO was active, I suggested that it could be off the east coast of America due to how most of the members tended to undeadtime at around 7:00 East Coast time. (This was never officially agreed on, but I gugested that it was in the -5 GMT timezone.)

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 05:27 AM
Yay for KR-15.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/QuantumofTrouble.png
Yeah, I know I draw him too much, and I should draw someone else. But I won't because I don't know how to draw a face. >>

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-15, 06:02 AM
That picture is pretty good. I'm not that good at drawing anything to be honest, so you've got one over on me.:smalltongue:

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-15, 07:23 AM
I uh... I just made an Enupion account, last night.

Gonna use Jonlas there as well. I wonder how his character will end up there...

Wish me luck. Hope Magtok doesn't get his claws into him...:smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 07:28 AM
I'm just too tempted to have Jazirian burst in, but it's just too gorram perfect. I blame DC for this. No, I don't know why either...

DARKCOMET!

@^: Brilliance! :smallbiggrin:

Er, what? :smallconfused:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 07:32 AM
From now on, I'm blaming you for everything. Internet crashed? DARKCOMET! :smallfurious::smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 07:33 AM
But my Internet goes crazy all the time.

Does this mean I should blame you? :smalltongue:

Fan
2008-12-15, 07:34 AM
I do the same thing with Vespe.:smalltongue:

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-15, 07:35 AM
I do the same thing with Vespe.:smalltongue:
And I with Fanboy.
Damn this supermarket checkout line! Clearly, Fanboy is responsible for this! :smallfurious:
See? It all balances out. :smalltongue:

Fan
2008-12-15, 07:37 AM
See it does all come full circle.:smallbiggrin:

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-15, 07:40 AM
I don't blame everything on you Fanboy...

Except that one time when my ice cream melted just a bit too fast.

And that time when I was a few cents short at the Turnpike and thus had to use my debit card.

Also that one time when that mold grew on my cheese a bit too soon, and before the expiration date.

And that one time when...

happyturtle
2008-12-15, 07:42 AM
Hmm... I used to blame Vespe too, but now that I'm his fangirl, I should probably find another target.

Damn it, Blue Umbrella, it's all gloomy and overcast outside. You did it just so you could show off yourself, didn't you? :smallmad:

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 07:49 AM
*rubs eyes*

Is this what you all do while I'm (half-)asleep?

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-15, 07:50 AM
Actually, most of the time we try to think up new ways to make your life miserable.

Oooh, I know, let's put itching powder in his sheets! :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 07:59 AM
*Points at avatar*

Actually, I was thinking of using him to test the new Neutrino. :smallamused:

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 10:05 AM
Can't we all just get along?
I blame no one but myself.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 10:12 AM
No!
>>
<<

*CHOOM*

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-15, 10:23 AM
Jon wants everyone to get along...

Think his last name is going to be Peace...

Morty
2008-12-15, 11:10 AM
Speaking of Internet going crazy, my Internet connection crashed yesterday and apparently in attempts to fix it me and my brother crashed the connection for several other people as well. <.< >.>
Who should I blame for this?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 01:10 PM
Hah. In old Town, we used to blame everything on blackout :smallsmile:
Good time, good times.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-15, 01:11 PM
DarkComet, of course. He's the reason behind all my problems, also. :smalltongue:

Boo
2008-12-15, 01:19 PM
How about this. If it rains, you can blame me. If it snows, you can blame Draken. If it's sunny, you can blame... uh... RHL. If it's cloudy, blame Fan.

If you lose internet, blame M0rt. If the server is laggy, blame Vespe and Turtle. If the database is in backup, blame KK.

Better?

As a side note: Woo! The Devil was killed by wolves in WW Classic! And I'm sure we would have lynched him this day phase.

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 01:23 PM
But... But... *tries to hand out peace and happiness and stop the blame game*

Kaelaroth
2008-12-15, 01:24 PM

Eeewww! *tries to run away from the peace'n'love'n'hippy vibes*

Morty
2008-12-15, 01:25 PM
So, I'm now to blame for people losing interest? I'm flattered.:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 01:26 PM
Who said anything about love? :smallconfused:
*is totally not hippy*

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-15, 01:27 PM
So, I'm now to blame for people losing interest? I'm flattered.:smalltongue:

Internet, Internet.

I'm the guy to blame for losing interest. :smalltongue:

Boo
2008-12-15, 01:27 PM
Oh, and blame DC whenever you drop something (ie. you drop your sandwich, or the scoop of icecream on a cone)

Kaelaroth
2008-12-15, 01:29 PM
Oh, and blame DC whenever you drop something (ie. you drop your sandwich, or the scoop of icecream on a cone)

Yeah! Telekinetic witch... *looks around, eyes wide*

Boo
2008-12-15, 01:30 PM
Who can we blame whenever we lose something?

Kaelaroth
2008-12-15, 01:31 PM
Who can we blame whenever we lose something?

That ha' to be you, I'm afraid, I can never find an umbrella when I need to.
- Although, you could look at that in the sense of your enemies are hiding ya from me. Who're your IC nemeses? :smalltongue:

Lex-Kat
2008-12-15, 01:33 PM
I think we should blame Reinholdt, he's always hiding.

happyturtle
2008-12-15, 01:33 PM

I'm sure it's Reinholdt's fault that we're all blaming each other!

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 01:34 PM
What? :smalleek: No!

*hides*

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 02:46 PM

HEY!
Token hippy is offended. :smalltongue:

Fan
2008-12-15, 03:17 PM
I don't blame everything on you Fanboy...

Except that one time when my ice cream melted just a bit too fast.

And that time when I was a few cents short at the Turnpike and thus had to use my debit card.

Also that one time when that mold grew on my cheese a bit too soon, and before the expiration date.

And that one time when...

I lol'd.

So, we blame Draken for snow, Me for overcast, Blue for Rain, and Rabbit for sun?
sounds good.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 05:00 PM

*squints*

*hides mah sammich that I totally didn't steal*

Boo
2008-12-15, 05:25 PM
DC simply shoots a glare at the cultists.

No.

An unseen wave of force tries to slam into the cultists.

I really hated the Matrix.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 05:28 PM
*glares*

That was not the intention.

happyturtle
2008-12-15, 06:47 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-cat-wonders-why-he-has-claws1.jpg

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 06:50 PM
... Heh.
>>
<<
*flees*

Chetchaka
2008-12-15, 07:36 PM
...*peeks at the topic, hoping not to come off as a noob*

Hi. I heard there was nefariousness in this general direction? ... *pokes Vespe*

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 07:38 PM
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2008/12/funny-pictures-cat-wonders-why-he-has-claws1.jpg

That looks just like one of my cats.

Creepy, considering I never made a lolcat out of her...

Boo
2008-12-15, 07:51 PM
...*peeks at the topic, hoping not to come off as a noob*

Hi. I heard there was nefariousness in this general direction? ... *pokes Vespe*

OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S A NOOB!

But seriously: Are you looking for Town, or ACRONYM groups to join? (doesn't really make a difference, but some people are mean about it)

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-15, 07:53 PM
OMGEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE IT'S A NOOB!

But seriously: Are you looking for Town, or ACRONYM groups to join? (doesn't really make a difference, but some people are mean about it)
He's a friend of mine, and he posted in AMEN like...twice. A loooooooong time ago.

But the point is, he's come to join ACRONYM. RIGHT? :smallmad::smalltongue:

Boo
2008-12-15, 07:57 PM
Evil: Join PEACE
Good: Join GLoG
Neutral: Uh... NO's pretty much dead, so... go wherever.

There's also HALO and AMEN, but they're kinda... dying... :smallfrown:

As far as I'm concerned LAW is dead. It's less active than NO, which is really slow as is.

FireFox
2008-12-15, 07:58 PM

Oh come now, we're active... We have... 5ish active posting members, but we're far from declining...

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-15, 07:59 PM
For the record, my friend, I'm not really affiliated, but I spend most of my time in GLoG anyway. The Taverna is also a pretty good place to start out.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 07:59 PM
Evil: Join PEACE
Good: Join GLoG

As far as I'm concerned LAW is dead. It's less active than NO, which is really slow as is.

I warned you. That's all I can say about AMEN dying.

It also raises a question. Was PEACE created to keep the plot out of AMEN or to keep the AMEN's anti-plot bats out of the plot?

Boo
2008-12-15, 08:05 PM
Mostly so Evil characters would have an active place to go without having to join a good aligned organization, or join AMEN (some people don't enjoy the randomness).

...And to keep continuity out of AMEN, and a less likely place to be hit by anti-plot bats. Which reminds me. *hits DC over the head with an anti-plot chair* I don't like using bats.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:08 PM
And that, right there, is the problem. Those of us who were in AMEN, like myself, Duos, and HT, who can actually enjoy plot, likely are feeling forced out. I know I am, but I can't speak for them, so I'm guessing a bit on that one.

Boo
2008-12-15, 08:15 PM
Because no matter how I put this I always look like an ass, I'm not going to continue talking about my position on AMEN and plot. I'm just going to say that it's not plot itself. Hell, I enjoyed the 'save Phase plot'.

I enjoy plot, so don't be so hasty to judge.

EDIT: You always challenged everyone in AMEN by godmodding their godmod out, or pulling out a bigger gun. So most of it was your fault. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:23 PM
Perhaps I was tired of being AMEN's official chew toy early on. :smallannoyed:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 08:25 PM
Right. And now you're in PEACE, so you can have yer plots and an evil-aligned place to be.
Everyone is happeh.

Boo
2008-12-15, 08:29 PM
Every time I see your avatar, Rabbit, all I can think is 'Beatles'. >>

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 08:30 PM
Good.

..Wait, you don't even think about how snazzy Birdie's glasses are?

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:33 PM
Must resist urge to make long, detailed post on previous subject...

Boo
2008-12-15, 08:37 PM
*looks at own array of chairs for anti-something*

Should I? Nah... Wait!

*hits DC over the head with anti-rant chair*

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 08:39 PM
>>
<<
*shoots Rabbit with Anti-Happeh ray*

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:39 PM
Fine, I won't post the actual rant. I will say, though, that it centered around the post at the bottom of the AMEN thread's eighth page.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 08:40 PM
>>
<<
*shoots Rabbit with Anti-Happeh ray*

..It'll happen soon, I promise!
..like, when I get the motivation to roleplay >>

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-15, 08:44 PM
I don't have any motivation tonight. I'm so damn bored... but don't want to do anything about it.

Boo
Rabbit? I dun tink DC lieks meh! He's bein a meeny face!

Vespe Ratavo
Motivation? You want motivation? You all should totally go to the Taverna. Chet's going to be posting there, and so am I, and we're gonna do...silly...things.

Yeah.

For realz.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:45 PM

If that weren't so obviously a joke, I would say you were playing victim. :smalltongue:

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 08:48 PM

::bootfaces DC::
Don't be pickin on mah Boo!

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 08:50 PM
Must resist urge to rant...

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-15, 09:04 PM
*points gun at DC's head*

Warning: Rants may cause your chances for survival to rapidly approach zero.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 09:05 PM
Must resist urge to rant...

Alright. Let me state this first, DC, because, unlike the rest of these people who are more mature than I am, I can't restrain things.
Get over it.
For really.
I wasn't picking on you any more than I would pick on anyone else.
AMEN wasn't your schtick. Fine. Now there is a place for you to be happy in. Be happy.
Please.
Just have fun, and let things go. I'm begging you, DC, please.

Darkcomet
2008-12-15, 09:08 PM
I wasn't talking about you. I'm tired of BU shrugging off my every point, and that's all I'm going to say on that subject.

Boo
2008-12-15, 09:37 PM
I must be a real bastard some days, right? Well, if you want to tell me what's wrong, please do so via PM because I'm probably not understanding what you mean. That, and to do so publicly would cause more drama than needed.

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 11:27 PM
A cat, maybe? You might not believe me, but there's a sniper cat around lately.

Yes, Reinholdt, he is talking about you.
Oh? Not much I can do about it, is there? :smallbiggrin:

You're free to talk about me how you wish.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-15, 11:28 PM
Oh? Not much I can do about it, is there? :smallbiggrin:

You're free to talk about me how you wish.

That is one sexy kittie

:smalltongue:

Reinholdt
2008-12-15, 11:33 PM
That is one sexy kittie

:smallredface:

Boo
2008-12-16, 12:55 AM
Does Rabbit remember that she has a certain watch?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-16, 01:09 AM
Does Rabbit remember that she has a certain watch?

Yes, she just has no idea if she wants to use it >>
She also has a Plot Device Vespe gave her once. Again, she's unsure if she wants to use it.

Raistlin1040
2008-12-16, 01:10 AM
Also free portals and uber powers from Amour. Rabbit has a lot of crap she forgets about and/or doesn't use.

Boo
2008-12-16, 01:11 AM
Yeah, kinda sad. I wonder what else she might have. I mean, everyone has a doomsday device, but who ever uses it?

Reinholdt
2008-12-16, 01:14 AM
Oh! My character would!

But then you guys get to come in and stop him. :smallbiggrin:

Morty
2008-12-16, 05:44 AM

Noty if I have anything to say about it.
Oh, who the hell am I kidding?

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-16, 06:56 AM
OoTS-atar time! One of DC, done on request, and one of a certain sci-fi cannon, because I liked it so much and you can't see it as clearly on the actual avatar.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Darkcomet-1.png

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/IonCannon.png

Now I feel like doing one of Decker and putting them into a 'Best Friends Forever' Banner with KR...

And yeah, I totally stole the cannon from CnC Renegade. >>

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 07:13 AM
I like.

*runs off to switch avvys*

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-16, 07:32 AM
I need to get a Jonlas avvie. :smallconfused:

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 07:48 AM
OoTS-atar time! One of DC, done on request, and one of a certain sci-fi cannon, because I liked it so much and you can't see it as clearly on the actual avatar.

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Darkcomet-1.png

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/IonCannon.png

Now I feel like doing one of Decker and putting them into a 'Best Friends Forever' Banner with KR...

And yeah, I totally stole the cannon from CnC Renegade. >>

Yes yes yes! Would you have her in girl form or just a swan with devil horns?

And there should probably be a certain goblin head around too. :smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-16, 07:51 AM
I was thinking a sort of march, with KR in front, DC behind her, and at the back Decker, who would be half turned around with a sort of 'oooh!' look on her face with a smelly sock on the floor. Perhaps put Fullbladder in behind DC attached to a battle droid?

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 07:59 AM
Or pulling a lollipop out of a portal to offer to one of her three BFFs? :smallbiggrin:

She doesn't even like lollipops, you know. :smalltongue:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-16, 08:09 AM

In the immortal words of Artemis Fowl,
"I don't like lollipops." Followed by:

It was a woefully inadequate response, and Artemis was instantly appalled with himself. Pathetic really: I don't like lollipops. No self-respecting criminal mastermind would be caught dead even using the word lollipops. He really would have to put together a database of witty responses for occasions such as this.

That little bit is probably my favorite part in the whole book, and I remember it every time Decker offers KR a lollipop. :smallbiggrin:

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 08:15 AM
Heheheh... except that KR has been seen actually eating a lollipop.

(I thought that was totally cool when she did that, btw. :smallcool:)

Maybe if there were sock flavoured or algae flavoured lollipops. Sadly, Candyland only has the sugary kind.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-16, 03:36 PM
Hm. I have three special superduper things to offer people. Aaand, they're characters. If you want a new character, with an semi-formed backstory linked to one, or more, of my characters, please PM me.
If you don't... don't.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 05:48 PM
Hm... I have enough trouble keeping up with everything, between this and WWs. Sorry.

Speaking of WWs, I may or may not have outed Fanboy's identity in Ravnica. Hehehehe.

Boo
2008-12-16, 05:59 PM
Characters like Rands AI should not be brought out so often as he is doing.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 06:01 PM
That, I agree with. Characters like Draken, Topsy and him shouldn't be brought out that often.

Boo
2008-12-16, 06:04 PM
I barely bring Topsy out. It's been a week or two, and the Taverna was the most recent appearance of him. I've never even attacked anyone with him. Threatening doesn't really count.

Draken shouldn't be so careless with his godly characters.

Rand... Well, he attacks GLoG pretty much every day, and it's kinda boring.

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 06:05 PM
((No. Sorry, Rand, but we agreed in the ooc thread weeks ago that there would be no black holes allowed when Fan wanted to use them against Draken, so we certainly aren't going to allow you to use them against us. So no, that doesn't happen. Instead, the AI disappears by the power of Status Quo before he deadtimes. He can try again later, without using superweapons. Any problems with this, please go to the OOC thread to discuss it.))

Just bringing the discussion here. And yeah, a fight where we supposedly can't dodge anything, and nothing we do works is not interesting. It's already been established that Turtle can catch spells in the spork and fling them, and laser beams ought to be deflectable.

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-16, 06:05 PM

Agreed. Super boring.

Dat's all i've got.

Goblin Music
2008-12-16, 06:11 PM
nigh-invulnerable and you can't dodge any attack? wow, it does sounds dull

Kaelaroth
2008-12-16, 06:13 PM

Agreed. Super boring.

Dat's all i've got.

nigh-invulnerable and you can't dodge any attack? wow, it does sounds dull

Quoted for general affirmation and truth.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 06:16 PM
I barely bring Topsy out. It's been a week or two, and the Taverna was the most recent appearance of him. I've never even attacked anyone with him. Threatening doesn't really count.

Draken shouldn't be so careless with his godly characters.

I wasn't accusing you or Draken. I was providing character examples.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-16, 06:17 PM
I'd like to add myself to the "AI fights are boring and pointless" camp, plz. It's no fun if everything we do is useless. :smallannoyed:

Boo
2008-12-16, 06:17 PM
Just bringing the discussion here. And yeah, a fight where we supposedly can't dodge anything, and nothing we do works is not interesting. It's already been established that Turtle can catch spells in the spork and fling them, and laser beams ought to be deflectable.

This is why Topsy doesn't fight. He'd much rather have you all fight amongst yourselves. He's enjoys conversation, and eating peoples attacks. :smallwink:

Recently, I guess I have Topsy as a control for all powerful beings who decide to destroy an entire room, or some such.

Yeah, so to everyone with super powerful characters who could destroy a planet with a single thought, Topsy is better, and he doesn't enjoy his entertainment being destroyed. No, I'm not going to fight about it. Just don't make RPing with your character so damn boring.

At least Draken is fun with his characters. Same with Raistlin, and Rabbit. I try to stay away from power, although it doesn't really work out considering everyone here is like Lu Bu in Dynasty Warriors 5.[/geek]

Let's see, I plan to cut Mr. Quinne down a notch, but that's later. Benny's fine, and so is Antony.

Draken
2008-12-16, 06:20 PM
Well. I am careless because my characters are not godly.

They are ungodly.

It is VERY different. Fluffwise.

Kaelaroth
2008-12-16, 06:22 PM
I think we can all agree Harth and Kaela, my uberspecial awesome characters aren't annoying with their powers. ... Aren't they? I mean, they don't get into combat, and only use their powers for gits and shiggles, really.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 06:23 PM
No, they're fine. It would only be bad if they pointed at someone and they disintegrated without a chance to stop it.

Or something like that.

Vespe Ratavo
2008-12-16, 06:24 PM
Or if they're unharmed by everything and create black holes inside GLoG.
*cough*

Kaelaroth
2008-12-16, 06:24 PM
The Taverna is getting close to 50. Please, no-one update it. I will do that, I have new ideas for updates for first post, but can't be bothered to do them now. I will make the next thread, and hopefully remember what my updates were. Thanks.

Boo
2008-12-16, 06:26 PM
>> I was talking to people who were being boring with their characters in combat... "you can't hurt me, but I can kill you and you can't do anything to resist me!"

Although the taverna thing was an excuse for me to deadtime, so KK and Reinholdt shouldn't think I'm referring to them. But that Tarrasque story could use a bit of tweaking so it doesn't sound so over powered...

Reinholdt
2008-12-16, 06:30 PM
>> I was talking to people who were being boring with their characters in combat... "you can't hurt me, but I can kill you and you can't do anything to resist me!"

Although the taverna thing was an excuse for me to deadtime, so KK and Reinholdt shouldn't think I'm referring to them. But that Tarrasque story could use a bit of tweaking so it doesn't sound so over powered...
Oh good. I really don't want to be doing it wrong (total invincibility and such). He's dangerous but should be stoppable. I was actually pretty surprised when Johannes fell over.

happyturtle
2008-12-16, 06:30 PM
I think we can all agree Harth and Kaela, my uberspecial awesome characters aren't annoying with their powers. ... Aren't they? I mean, they don't get into combat, and only use their powers for gits and shiggles, really.

They are not at all annoying. Well, not with their powers. Harth's perpetual misery is a little hard to take. But I heart Kaela so much.

Hey guys, if I overdo it with Tessa, be sure and smack me, kay? I didn't mean her to interfere with plots, but then Nomlas got deded, and next thing I know, she's off soul-chasing. :smallsigh:

Kaelaroth
2008-12-16, 06:32 PM
They are not at all annoying. Well, not with their powers. Harth's perpetual misery is a little hard to take. But I heart Kaela so much.

Hey guys, if I overdo it with Tessa, be sure and smack me, kay? I didn't mean her to interfere with plots, but then Nomlas got deded, and next thing I know, she's off soul-chasing. :smallsigh:

MWA-HA-HAH! All fall under the angry plot monkeys of Kaela eventually, even the demigodly one!
I mean.
>.>
<.<
Cookie? :smallsmile:
And, yeah, Harth's wangsty.

Reinholdt
2008-12-16, 06:33 PM
Cookie? :smallsmile:
:smalleek::smalleek::smalleek:

NO!!

Lex-Kat
2008-12-16, 06:33 PM
I don't think Kaela would even qualify as being uber-powered. He's too cute and only his inner demon knows how powerful he is.

I mean, he runs away from summoned snakes that hiss at him. He's scared of Lex when she gets angry.

Rand needs to pay attention to his PL while playing the AI, and stop the daily attack thing.

I'd say he was bored, but he can do better than making others bored.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 06:38 PM
If anyone's interested, I edited my last post at PEACE.

Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins
2008-12-16, 08:03 PM
I was thinking a sort of march, with KR in front, DC behind her, and at the back Decker, who would be half turned around with a sort of 'oooh!' look on her face with a smelly sock on the floor. Perhaps put Fullbladder in behind DC attached to a battle droid?

*returns Fallout 3 to movie/game rental shop*

*drags self out of long silence*

Why I gotta be relegated to bein' a droid? A set of fine clothes would be more appropriate, plus it'd show you who it actually was. Plus, you know, he could eat a lollipop.

Yeah, Fullbladder's probably overpowered, if only for his sheer level of stuff. If I manage to get him un-evilled like I've been leaning to, that'll change.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 08:07 PM
So that's where you've been! I should have known...

...So was it good?

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-16, 08:25 PM
Recently, I guess I have Topsy as a control for all powerful beings who decide to destroy an entire room, or some such.

=D That's what I made Ambrosius for. To combat the big ebil means people who don't want to take a hit.
...I should get back to her story line, eventually.

2008-12-16, 09:40 PM
So that's where you've been! I should have known...

...So was it good?

Heh heh. I kill the Super Mutants in the narrow hallway with the Bottlecap Mine.

Yeah. That time I disappeared a couple of weeks ago was because of Resistance 2. I get to play them just long enough to get addicted. I don't get my fix often.

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 09:43 PM
Ah, the joys of explosives in narrow hallways. *nodnod* Sucks when they're used against you though.

2008-12-16, 09:51 PM
Hey man, the little town of Minefield would be fun if it wasn't for the sniper.

Um, enough about video games. Has AMEN actually started it's attack against HALO, or did everyone get bored with the idea in the intervening days?

Darkcomet
2008-12-16, 09:54 PM
I think they're afraid to do it because of this:

Once upon a time there was a place known as AMEN. It held fist fights, and sword fights, and brawls of all kinds. Everyone was happy, and content with their zen, but one day new members came and crossed over to other dimensions. This caused grief, and plot, and everything we hate. But this time it's Benny who shall lead AMEN back to its fate.

"On Paddington, on Wupert, on Podgy and Steve! On Bwian, on Garwy, on Tim and Dave!" And with that, Benny's golems entered the base. Hitting each plot dweller in the face. It was violent, and funny, and well versed in rhyme. Let's hope we won't have so much damn plot the next time.

Goblin Music
2008-12-16, 10:03 PM
Hey man, the little town of Minefield would be fun if it wasn't for the sniper.

Um, enough about video games. Has AMEN actually started it's attack against HALO, or did everyone get bored with the idea in the intervening days?

just trying to get more people in to help.

2008-12-16, 10:19 PM
Bah. 'Snot a plot. It's an attack. We're AMEN. We've done it before.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 03:32 AM
About Johannes and the Tarrasque, it's just a bit of over the top backstory. He's never going to showcase that kind of strength in actual RP. Well, unless he gets really, really mad. And it wasn't really wrestling. He was using his sword abilities too. But yeah, it's a case of Gameplay and Cutscene Segregation, or whatever the trope's called. I'll probably tack it down by having him say he's getting too old for this or something. Despite being 30-ish. Super Valhallan Nordic Knights retire early okay?

In other news, having read the most recent GLoG posts, I found a way to kill the AI. Just stick KR in front of him. If Vespe was enough to make him feel light-headed, then KR will probably cause him to have a fatal brain Aneurysm and die. :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-12-17, 06:10 AM
I just had a terrible year end review at my job. I'm very very good at my job, but my final score was downgraded because of 'behavioral attibutes'- basically they think I have a bad attitude.

So I'm really upset right now. Could everyone just be extra nice to me for the next couple of days until I get over it? =/

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 06:18 AM
*hugs Happyturtle*

*Curses such petty things as 'distance' and 'the entire Asian continent' to not be able to do it in person*

happyturtle
2008-12-17, 07:22 AM
Yeah, and I was just saying to somebody today that I liked my job. :smallsigh:

I've got this strange feeling that they're trying to find excuses to fire me. I was off sick like 6 weeks this year, and while they can't legally fire me for that, they might be trying to put a negative report on my record so that when they do fire me, they'll have documentation.

I think I'd better stop logging on here while I'm at work. That would give them more ammunition.

Darkcomet
2008-12-17, 07:29 AM
In other news, having read the most recent GLoG posts, I found a way to kill the AI. Just stick KR in front of him. If Vespe was enough to make him feel light-headed, then KR will probably cause him to have a fatal brain Aneurysm and die. :smalltongue:

Heh. Hell, DC would probably make him twitch uncomfortably, what with, you know, creating KR and KR-15.

@HT: Awww.... I think you're probably right about the excuses-to-fire-you thing, judging by that...

TwoBitWriter
2008-12-17, 07:29 AM
*hugs Happyturtle*

I am sorry to hear about your job. But, when one door closes, another one always opens.

Morty
2008-12-17, 09:33 AM
My thoughts on GLoG vs. AI battle can be summed up as follows:

This "battle" is pointless like a session of Parliment.

@Turtle's job: that sounds bad. And with the economical crisis happily jumping around, they might indeed look for excuses to fire you to cut down the costs. My father got fired from his job due to cost reduction, too.

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 10:36 AM
I'm suddenly tempted to make a non-canon plot in the vein of cheesy black and white sci-fi films, where deadtime oozes invade a 50's Acronymia.

Darkcomet
2008-12-17, 07:37 PM
In other news, after this week is over, I'll be around more for two weeks.

I don't know if you'll take that as a bad thing or a good thing, so... *shrugs*

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 08:38 PM
Is a good thing. :smallsmile:

Darkcomet
2008-12-17, 08:41 PM
Meh, it's just me being paranoid that my argumentativeness has destroyed any respect people had for me.

Reinholdt
2008-12-17, 08:43 PM
Meh, it's just me being paranoid that my argumentativeness has destroyed any respect people had for me.
Hmm. *checks* Nope not all of it. There's still respect there.

And any that had been can be rebuilt.

Accepting a deal for a favor was a good start (never accept a deal for an unknown favor! Never! Personal opinion anyways...)

Darkcomet
2008-12-17, 08:47 PM
In other news...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KR.pnghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Darkcomet-1.png

We think the resemblance is uncanny.

Fostire
2008-12-17, 08:52 PM
In other news...

http://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/KR.pnghttp://i182.photobucket.com/albums/x280/kriskatarn/Darkcomet-1.png

I keep getting the two of you confused

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 08:57 PM
Hey! I only drew what you requested, you have but yourself to blame. :smalltongue:

Darkcomet
2008-12-17, 08:59 PM
>_>
<_<

I do think they're distinguishable enough from each other to not mix Kris and I up. DC is a bit more pale, and the resident BFGs are different looking. And DC has a dagger.

Draken
2008-12-17, 09:09 PM
Save these little details. It's the face of one and the snout of the other.

Fan
2008-12-17, 09:15 PM
Hey! I only drew what you requested, you have but yourself to blame. :smalltongue:
So ,your doing requests again?
*points to his request in the request avatar thread*
*flees*
>.>

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-17, 09:16 PM
I keep getting the two of you confused
I do, too >>

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-17, 09:33 PM
So ,your doing requests again?
*points to his request in the request avatar thread*
*flees*
>.>

I do requests that interest me.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-17, 09:36 PM
Oh, and one's frowning :smallannoyed:, and the other's smirking :smallamused:.

Boo
2008-12-18, 01:05 AM
Alright, so where would we all put a portal to the Town? I say the Taverna since a pub linking to a pub is always grand!

Darkcomet
2008-12-18, 01:06 AM
I like this idea. It solves the location problem, and it provides gateways into two commonly-used threads.

Goblin Music
2008-12-18, 01:14 AM
DC should post in PEACE.
<<
>>

Darkcomet
2008-12-18, 01:15 AM
Don't know what to put, honestly.

Reinholdt
2008-12-18, 01:19 AM
The trick was, Lex-kat was the real DC and DC was actually Onion! :smalltongue:

happyturtle
2008-12-18, 02:09 AM
In other news...

Of course they look alike. It's the whole father-daughter thing.

Srsly though, the main reason is that the pose is so much alike. Maybe flip one of them to be walking to the right? Also, I'd have expected KR to be scowling too. And DC to be all gloomy. Perhaps with a cloud over his head, and 'DOOOOOOM' written in the cloud. :smalltongue:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Deckerv2e.png

KerfuffleMach2
2008-12-18, 02:12 AM
You know, I've noticed something. Almost every time I'm on, either nobody in GLOG is on, or only one person is. Kinda sucks.

Reinholdt
2008-12-18, 02:19 AM
Probably just a bad case of timing and/or time zones. My recommendation would be to spread out and visit various other places when you see people posting there. (I think this is roughly the quietest time of day/night, but I could be wrong).

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-18, 02:21 AM

Srsly though, the main reason is that the pose is so much alike. Maybe flip one of them to be walking to the right? Also, I'd have expected KR to be scowling too. And DC to be all gloomy. Perhaps with a cloud over his head, and 'DOOOOOOM' written in the cloud. :smalltongue:

http://i431.photobucket.com/albums/qq40/happyturtle-avs/Deckerv2e.png

I tried that, but I'm pretty sure that DC's right-handed, and if it was flipped over, the cannon would be covering his face. I could always flip KR over though. :smalltongue:

KerfuffleMach2
2008-12-18, 02:24 AM
Probably just a bad case of timing and/or time zones. My recommendation would be to spread out and visit various other places when you see people posting there. (I think this is roughly the quietest time of day/night, but I could be wrong).

Eh, I guess i could try. For now, though, Runner really wouldn't go anywhere else. Maybe the tavern.

happyturtle
2008-12-18, 02:48 AM
I tried that, but I'm pretty sure that DC's right-handed, and if it was flipped over, the cannon would be covering his face. I could always flip KR over though. :smalltongue:

Maybe change the leg posture on one of them? Or the boot style?

Darkcomet
2008-12-18, 07:53 PM

He's getting better... >_>

*pokes head out of anti-lag window*

I think the worst of it has passed...

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-19, 12:42 AM
Of course, what DC hasn't realized is how very mucked up that would make the timeline. Alek may never have died, for instance. All DC sees right now is a chance to erase his mistakes.

And... What do you use that for?

I can see another big change. KR would never have existed, and KR-15 would not have created his robot revolution so early.

Edit: Actually, alot of thing would have changed. That small change would probably overhaul all of ACRONYM. I might make a list.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-19, 01:15 AM
I know one thing:

Without DC's help, Melody would still be catatonic after Alex's mindblast.

This is assuming that someone else helped Turtle kill Alek, and then Alek was resurrected the same way. It was DarkComet's power that allowed Dr. Al Beit to bring Turtle and Dani in, so that the four of the could defeat Melody's dark side.

Quinsar
2008-12-19, 01:15 AM
Hi peoples!:smallbiggrin:

Ashen Lilies
2008-12-19, 01:21 AM
Yeah, and there's a lot more going on the evil side as well. DC would (debatably) be still in AMEN, KR-15 still would have left, but never would have allied with DC to fight Alek, therefore KR would never have been formed, therefore... What? Needs dwelling on.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-19, 01:22 AM
Hi, Quinsar. I'm not ignoring you, I didn't see that you'd posted.

Quinsar
2008-12-19, 01:23 AM
I'm not here to bug anyone to post.
I'm here to say hi.
And giggle and say my fiance's coming back on Saturday, and I'm super happy!:smallbiggrin:

Lex-Kat
2008-12-19, 01:31 AM
I'm happy for you.

But I want to post. I enjoy the Mint and Judy show. :smallsmile:

Almighty Salmon
2008-12-19, 06:45 AM
Just letting you guys know that i'll be gone for the weekend, visiting family and such.

Try not to miss me too much.

Darkcomet
2008-12-19, 07:17 AM
I can see another big change. KR would never have existed, and KR-15 would not have created his robot revolution so early.

Edit: Actually, alot of thing would have changed. That small change would probably overhaul all of ACRONYM. I might make a list.

Which is probably why he'd actually be the villain in this plot instead of his usual role.

Dun dun dun.

ThePhantom
2008-12-19, 11:48 AM
Does anyone have an idea when the Frozen Mountain plot going to end? Until it does, the blizzard is going to keep going, and I want that blizzard to stop.

Morty
2008-12-19, 11:51 AM
So... are Mordokai's sudden fall from grace and Rabbit's subsequent redemption going to be reflected in Freeform RP section?

Draken
2008-12-19, 11:55 AM
Does anyone have an idea when the Frozen Mountain plot going to end? Until it does, the blizzard is going to keep going, and I want that blizzard to stop.

Aren't you mostly in town? >.> Fozen Mountain is an ACRONYM plot. It is not supposed to have any effect in town.

----

Also, I kinda need the people to post, you know. *pokes people in the plot*

ThePhantom
2008-12-19, 11:56 AM
Aren't you mostly in town? >.> Fozen Mountain is an ACRONYM plot. It is not supposed to have any effect in town.

----

Also, I kinda need the people to post, you know. *pokes people in the plot*

I wanted to start in the ACRONYMs, and thank you for the explaination.

Boo
2008-12-19, 12:22 PM
We still haven't decided on where to put a Town portal... I say the Taverna, so they can slot one into the DFI.

Anyone object to the Town-ACROverse portals?

happyturtle
2008-12-19, 12:32 PM
It's up to Kael whether it's in the Taverna. If he doesn't want it there, we could put one in the Outside thread.

Reinholdt
2008-12-19, 12:35 PM
I've got no problem with it being Outside.

I keep meaning to go rescue ThePhantom's character, but I can't think of a decent in-character reason why either one of my characters would be there, not to mention help.

Morty
2008-12-19, 12:36 PM
I'm fine either way, myself.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-19, 01:08 PM
So... are Mordokai's sudden fall from grace and Rabbit's subsequent redemption going to be reflected in Freeform RP section?

Rabbit's already been shifting towards "more good" in her chaotic neutral, if you haven't been able to tell :smalltongue:
I kinda knew it was coming.
I can't promise if Rabbit will ever lose her "evil" tendencies, but she is getting better. You're all seeing that.
We'll see what happens. Rabbit rather likes to play herself.

Lex-Kat
2008-12-19, 01:57 PM
[FONT="Courier New"]This is a heal hurt game where strategy is not needed, or very sportsman like. Don't start this again, or you'll ruin the fun for everyone. :smallyuk: And NO is really losing because of the drama you guys (not everyone, but a number) caused. So you can only blame yourself.

If you want to band together, fine, be a poor sport. Just don't start with the PM's again, nor bring it up so much here. It's a simple minded game where you just heal and hurt whoever you want, and not formulate a plan on who to heal x number of times, and who to hurt until they're dead. No, you heal/hurt whoever you feel deserves your vote. Be it by respect, random selection, or them having the most/least health.

Bunk!! AMEN is strategizing. And DC always whines when things don't go his way. All of you band together and attack one or two people at a time. You have 7 gone, three living, and one more heavy on the way. The rest of us are scattered and unfocused, so none of you are dieing, with out some strategy.

Strategy is needed. If it's so unneeded, then why do you join with them always, and always vote against GLoG, HALO, or NO. If it's just a popularity contest, then why is it that AMENites don't vote against themselves?

Do you even know who didn't get added? Haruki-Kun. And where is he going? AMEN. Once everyone from the other three orgs are dead and gone, the game is over. So if there are 4 AMENites left, then it's done. It doesn't continue until one character is left standing. It's over when one org. is left standing. And AMEN continues to grow, while the others diminish.

And they are after NO, because noone was after NO. GLoG and HALO were after AMEN, AMEN was after HALO and GLoG. All three of us completely ignored NO for half the game.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-19, 02:00 PM
Bunk!! AMEN is strategizing. And DC always whines when things don't go his way. All of you band together and attack one or two people at a time. You have 7 gone, three living, and one more heavy on the way. The rest of us are scattered and unfocused, so none of you are dieing, with out some strategy.

Strategy is needed. If it's so unneeded, then why do you join with them always, and always vote against GLoG, HALO, or NO. If it's just a popularity contest, then why is it that AMENites don't vote against themselves?

Do you even know who didn't get added? Haruki-Kun. And where is he going? AMEN. Once everyone from the other three orgs are dead and gone, the game is over. So if there are 4 AMENites left, then it's done. It doesn't continue until one character is left standing. It's over when one org. is left standing. And AMEN continues to grow, while the others diminish.

And they are after NO, because noone was after NO. GLoG and HALO were after AMEN, AMEN was after HALO and GLoG. All three of us completely ignored NO for half the game.

AMEN is not strategizing. They've far too few brain cells to do so, nor the attention span. They just happen to like eachother and dislike the same characters.

Boo
2008-12-19, 02:20 PM
I'm keeping this post where I put it, but I'm quoting it so you can see it.

Screw it. I'm getting rid of drama posts.

happyturtle
2008-12-19, 02:29 PM
Pfft. I've seen Magtok in group chats asking for votes. And I've tried to wheedle the same people into voting for me instead. And somehow neither of us has gotten angry or offended at each other over it. Amazing! You'd think we were actually having fun trying to win.

Come on guys, if we're going to pretend that winning doesn't matter, then why are we keeping score?

Boo
2008-12-19, 02:32 PM
I try having fun when not being annoyed by the whining noises in the thread.

Anyways, I'm probably going to kill off Topsy as long as people learn to not be boring with their Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters.

RabbitHoleLost
2008-12-19, 02:34 PM
I try having fun when not being annoyed by the whining noises in the thread.

Anyways, I'm probably going to kill off Topsy as long as people learn to not be boring with their Mary Sue/Gary Stu characters.

...But...but...
D=
I love Topsy!

Boo
2008-12-19, 02:37 PM
Eh, I've been planning to kill him for a while now, just couldn't think of who to do the killing.

Darkcomet
2008-12-19, 02:39 PM
Eh? More H/H drama? Well, at least I'm not the one who started it this time. I can say that I have kept true to my word, and have not been PMing people, or anything like that.

Reinholdt
2008-12-19, 02:41 PM
Eh. For the most part, I just heal people I know and hurt those I don't. Simple really.

At least until later.

Morty
2008-12-19, 02:56 PM
Myself, I've been hurting the organization with most points, save for one shameful episode when I was hurting AMEN in spite of GLoG being stronger at the time.

Reinholdt
2008-12-19, 03:43 PM
Congratulations to Rabbit on getting the Citadel to thread II.