PDA

View Full Version : True Believer vs BoED feats...

zerombr
2008-12-14, 12:02 PM
I was looking at the BoED feats of Knight of Stars, Favored of the Companions, Servant of the Heavens vs True Believer, all do pretty much the same thing, except the first 3 are Exalted, and True Believer gives a +2 bonus.
I'd really like to get into Fist of Raziel, but I have True Believer, it's not mentioned, but it's heavily implied that the feat Servant of the Heavens clashes with it, dedicating yourself to two different ideals. Granted True Believer isn't Exalted, (Though I got my GM to allow it as such for purposes of Sword of Righteousness) but does anyone else think it'd be thematically wrong to have two of these feats, though RAW doesn't say anything against it?

Flickerdart
2008-12-14, 12:13 PM
Can't you take one of the Tome Archons for a god? That solves the problem, and you get two bonuses for the same allegiance. Crafty, if I do say so myself.

Jasdoif
2008-12-14, 12:14 PM
I don't see a conflict, assuming of course the deity you worship for True Believer is a Good deity (and ideally one from the Seven Heavens itself).

The Book of Exalted Deeds says itself that the celestial paragons (such as the Tome Archons mentioned by Servant of the Heavens) insist their own purpose is "to encourage goodness and point mortals towards the deities of good," and don't desire nor tolerate worship of themselves. Hardly any reason to have a conflict between them and the deities they point mortals towards.

zerombr
2008-12-14, 11:24 PM
apologies, let me clarify, my char's patron god is Hieronious, and took True Believer for Pious Templar, hence the conflict...a true believer in Hieronious, but a Servant of the Heavens for Raziel?

Jasdoif makes a very good point however.

Jasdoif
2008-12-14, 11:38 PM
apologies, let me clarify, my char's patron god is Hieronious, and took True Believer for Pious Templar, hence the conflict...a true believer in Hieronious, but a Servant of the Heavens for Raziel?Hey...that works out really well.

True Believer for a deity well-known for paladins, and Servant of the Heavens for Raziel who offers the prestige class in question for paladins? I'm quite confident you're safe there.

AslanCross
2008-12-14, 11:43 PM
I don't think there's any conflict here. Heironeous himself lives in Celestia, and I'd think he'd be on good terms and share the same ideals with the Archons, especially since the Arcons themselves are utterly without selfish emotions.

Callos_DeTerran
2008-12-15, 12:15 AM
apologies, let me clarify, my char's patron god is Hieronious, and took True Believer for Pious Templar, hence the conflict...a true believer in Hieronious, but a Servant of the Heavens for Raziel?

Jasdoif makes a very good point however.

A believer of Hieronious does not mean you must exclusively work under. I imagine that Raziel probably counts at least a couple clerics of Heironious as followers and soldiers in his armies.