PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] To Boldly Suck Where No One Has Sucked Before

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 01:10 PM
I am petitioning you, my fellows in the playgrounders, to make the worst character you can possibly create in 3.5 D&D.

Requirements:

Must be level 10
Cannot use NPC classes
uses 30 point buy.
casters must have atleast an 11 in their primary stat
Creativity (anyone can make a paladin that loses his abilities, make someone that is truelly unique).

I will be handing out cookies to the creators of good ones.

hotel_papa
2008-12-14, 01:12 PM
Truenamer 10. The end.

Behold_the_Void
2008-12-14, 01:15 PM
Truenamer 10. The end.

Samurai 10 I think is even worse.

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 01:18 PM
Cmon'! you have to atleast post their stats (you'd be surprised how many people there are in the forum that do not what makes those classes suck).

EDIT: I forgot to mention, use 30pt. buy.

Eloel
2008-12-14, 01:23 PM
Elf any class level 10, 5 seconds (1 second below a full-round) to venerable age.
32 point buy? (I assume)
5 Str, 7 Dex, 3 Con, 21 Int, 11 Wis, 23 Cha (with +1 from level4 and +1 from level8)

Make it suck worse. Dieing of lacking con in 5 seconds.

kamikasei
2008-12-14, 01:25 PM
Heh, I was about to say, "fighter with 3s in every stat".

So I will say a wizard with a 20 wisdom (18+levels) and 8 int. His one skill point per level is put into Perform (rickroll). He took Toughness for all his normal feats and Spell Mastery (in spells he can't actually cast) for his bonus feats. He has no familiar. Not that it matters, but he's an evoker.

Eurus
2008-12-14, 01:26 PM
Wizard 10. Uses a Scroll of Disjunction on a BBEG, just to spite the DM and the other players. Ends up smashing an artifact, loses all magical powers forever. The end. :smallbiggrin:

Behold_the_Void
2008-12-14, 01:27 PM
Gray Elf Samurai 10

Going with two-weapon fighting of course. Using all his skill points for some of the more useless skills like multiple crafts and multiple professions. Taking feats like skill focus. There you go. It could get worse, I'm sure.

Edit:
Heh, I was about to say, "fighter with 3s in every stat".

So I will say a wizard with a 20 wisdom (18+levels) and 8 int. His one skill point per level is put into Perform (rickroll). He took Toughness for all his normal feats and Spell Mastery (in spells he can't actually cast) for his bonus feats. He has no familiar. Not that it matters, but he's an evoker.

Or just do that.

monty
2008-12-14, 01:31 PM
Elf any class level 10, 5 seconds (1 second below a full-round) to venerable age.
32 point buy? (I assume)
5 Str, 7 Dex, 3 Con, 21 Int, 11 Wis, 23 Cha (with +1 from level4 and +1 from level8)

Abilities can't drop below 1 except by damage/drain.

Are flaws allowed? If so, middle-age elf wizard with the Frail flaw. d4 HD - 3 Con - 1 Frail (which can drop it to zero, unlike the Con penalty) = exactly zero HP. If he does anything at all, he starts bleeding to death.

Middle-age elf Wizard (or anything else with d4 HD) 10
Stats: Con 5, others don't matter
Flaws: Frail
Feats: Don't matter, as long as none of them increase hit points.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-14, 01:31 PM
First I'm going to steal a build from Kresalak on the WoTC forums, just to give everyone an idea of how weak a character can get. Nup-Nup, the kobold wizard 10/psion (any) 10

Alignment does not matter.
Ability scores: Str 11, Dex 15, Con 4, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 18
By level 20: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 4, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 19

Frail flaw: Skill Focus (Craft [Basketweaving])
Pathetic Int flaw: Combat Casting
Level 1: Armor Prof (Light)
Wizard 1: Scribe Scroll
Level 3: Armor Prof (Medium)
Wizard 5: Empower Spell
Level 6: Armor Prof (Heavy)
Level 9: Maximize Spell
Wizard 10: Extend Spell
Psion 1: Empower Power
Level 12: Peristant Spell
Psion 5: Burrowing Power
Level 15: Boost construct
Level 18: Augment summoning
Psion 10: Combat Manifestation

Spend your 1 skill point per level on 24 different skills. Except Craft (Basketweaving), since otherwise you might be able to make baskets.

BAB of +10, arcane CL of 10, manifester level 10. HP per level 0, skill points pert level 1.
Every single feat he has is useless to him. Except Craft (Basketweaving).
He cannot manifest any powers or cast any spells, since his Int score is so low. Since his HP is so low, he cannot take more then a partial action each round.

Equiptment is:
+5 Vicious Merciful Dagger. This weapon deals 1d4+5+3d6 damage, but all damage is nonlethal. He attacks a +16/+11, but cannot get iteritive attacks since he cannot take more then a partial action. Also, he takes 1d6 damage whenever he hits, and since he has 0 hp...

All other equiptment doesn't matter- assume that it is various things that are utterly useless or even harmful to him.

The point of Nup-Nup is that he cannot do anything. He has 0 hp, cannot cast spells, cannot manifest powers, and if he manages to hit something he brings himself to negative hp. He cannot even take a full round worth of actions, so he cannot run away very easily. None of his feats help him, and he spent his skill point in a way to make all of them useless. A normal CR 1/4th kobold could kill this guy. Sadly, said kobold wouldn't get any XP, since Nup-Nup is technically CR 20...

The name should be obvious- Pun-Pun reversed, since while Pun-Pun can do anything, Nup-Nup can do nothing. He cannot even survive fighting a helpless opponent.

I'm sure better could be done, perhaps by mixing in a bunch of prestige classes to lower his BAB and kill off any potential spellcasting and manifesting he might have.

As for my own build, I'm working on it. If I can get a character down to 1 or 2 Constitution, I'll make a Hellfire Warlock that kills himself with Constitution damage every time he uses his Eldritch Blast.

mikethepoor
2008-12-14, 01:32 PM
32 point buy? (I assume)

Except CON can't be reduced below 1 by aging penalties, so your build can't even suck properly.

Eloel
2008-12-14, 01:35 PM
Except CON can't be reduced below 1 by aging penalties, so your build can't even suck properly.

Which means it sucks perfectly. It sucks at sucking.

Xanos
2008-12-14, 01:37 PM
Level 10 or ECL 10?

kamikasei
2008-12-14, 01:40 PM
First I'm going to steal a build from Kresalak on the WoTC forums, just to give everyone an idea of how weak a character can get.

And amusingly, the build isn't even legal (he's missing Spell Focus (conjuration)).

FMArthur
2008-12-14, 01:42 PM
Wizard 10 with 3 Int. 9 Int is all you need to really fail, but 3 Int is basically unrecoverable fail for a Wizard of 10th level (I don`t think there`s any way to use 10th level WBL to improve it to 10 or higher). Dump Con to 4 and Dex to 3 too for good measure. Throw your point buy into Strength and Strength alone, and take the Frail flaw (you gain 1 less HP per level, so you have 0 HP). The epicness of this is that the player will die so easily in combat that there is no possible way for them to use that Strength (except as a pack mule) without being totally suicidal. I like this because you can just hand someone this character at level 1, and (assuming they live, which is laughably improbable) nothing they can do can actually make it usable. Feat choice, skills choice, nothing.

monty
2008-12-14, 01:44 PM
Wizard 10 with 3 Int. 9 Int is all you need to really fail, but 3 Int is basically unrecoverable fail for a Wizard of 10th level (I don`t think there`s any way to use 10th level WBL to improve it to 10 or higher). Dump Con and Dex to 3 too for good measure. Throw your point buy into Strength and Strength alone. The epicness of this is that the player will die so easily in combat that there is no possible way for them to use that Strength (except as a pack mule) without being totally suicidal.

How are you planning to do that with standard point buy? A build would be nice.

Flickerdart
Can we enforce it a rule that spellcasters must have at least 11 in their primary stat? It seems too easy to make a sucky thing otherwise.

Anyways, if we're going ECL10, anything with LA is going to top these charts. Any crappy character is going to be crappier if you replace a level with something worthless like a Tiefling.

Frog Dragon
Here you go.

Kobold Fighter 7/ Bard 3
Stats
13 (level upgrade)
13 (level upgrade)

This is some massive Core Fail. The stats make him unable to qualify for any meaningful feat. He loses armor to use bard spells has sucky attack bonus because his strength bites for a fighter. Will use something like a spiked gauntlet for a weapon. He also has a multiclass XP penalty because neither of the classes is the kobold's favored one. Well most people don't utilize that rule, but even without it still fails on so many levels.
The bard spellcasting is completely redundant. Low caster level and bad charisma will make your spells obsolete. You can't tank decent because the bard levels screw you over with the light armor thing. It's hard to even get enough bonus feats this kobold qualifies for because the stats bite. All in all. This kobold fails.

Flickerdart
2008-12-14, 01:51 PM
Here you go.

Kobold Fighter 7/ Bard 3
Stats
13 (level upgrade)
13 (level upgrade)

This is some massive Core Fail. The stats make him unable to qualify for any meaningful feat. He loses armor to use bard spells has sucky attack bonus because his strength bites for a fighter. Will use something like a spiked gauntlet for a weapon. He also has a multiclass XP penalty because neither of the classes is the kobold's favored one. Well most people don't utilize that rule, but even without it still fails on so many levels.
The bard spellcasting is completely redundant. Low caster level and bad charisma will make your spells obsolete. You can't tank decent because the bard levels screw you over with the light armor thing. It's hard to even get enough bonus feats this kobold qualifies for because the stats bite. All in all. This kobold fails.
Not enough fail. He still has a BAB of 9, which means he's only 1 BAB behind a full Fighter. He can ignore his bardic casting or suck up the failure rate and reasonably kill things. He even has decent HP. He's not great for a level 10 character, but he could probably hold his own against something.

Yukitsu
2008-12-14, 01:55 PM
Half elf commoner 10

Stats, 18 strength, 8 dexterity, 8 constitution, 8 intelligence, 10 wisdom, 18 charisma.

4 kinds of skill focuses in different professions in which he has no ranks.

Woops, no NPC classes. I'll go with monk then.

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 01:56 PM
sorry, repeat.

Xanos
2008-12-14, 01:59 PM
Kobold Samurai 10.
STR: 17
DEX: 5
CON: 1
INT: 18
WIS: 18
CHA: 3

Uses an improvised Dire Flail

Okay. So what can a Samurai do? ATTACK, KILL? With his Dex 5 and crapsack weapon, he'll never ever hit anything. And with his Con 1, he'll die if he sneezes too hard.
Okay, so Samurai class abilities? Mostly rendered useless by the fact that he was grown up to HATE Samurai weapons, and now lives to destroy them. Which is why he uses an improvised Dire Flail. Yep.
Also, Staredown will suck with his amazing Charisma 3.

For skills he took Perform (Breakdance), Perform (More Breakdance) and Perform (Rickrolldance)
And for feats? Hm. He took Skill Focus a few times.

Graymayre
I'll throw mine in:

He took the following flaws (each flaw allows him to have a bonus feat):

Inattentive
You are particularly unaware of your surroundings.
Effect
You take a -4 penalty on Listen checks and Spot checks.

Meager Fortitude
You are sickly and weak of stomach.
Effect
You take a -3 penalty on Fortitude saves.

Murky-Eyed
Your vision is obscured.
Effect
In combat, every time you attack an opponent that has concealment, roll your miss chance twice. If either or both results indicate that you miss, your attack fails.

Noncombatant
You are relatively inept at melee combat.
Effect
You take a -2 penalty on all melee attack rolls.

Poor Reflexes
You often zig when you should have zagged.
Effect
You take a -3 penalty on Reflex saves.

Shaky
You are relatively poor at ranged combat.
Effect
You take a -2 penalty on all ranged attack rolls.

Slow
You move exceptionally slowly.
Effect
Your base land speed is halved (round down to the nearest 5-foot interval).
Special
You must have a base land speed of at least 20 feet to take this flaw.

Unreactive
You are slow to react to danger.
Effect
You take a -6 penalty on initiative checks.

Vulnerable
You are not good at defending yourself.
Effect
You take a -1 penalty to Armor Class.

Weak Will
You are highly suggestible and easily duped.
Effect
You take a -3 penalty on Will saves.

Level 10 Human fighter
STR: 4 (2 with equipment)
DEX: 4 (2 with equipment)
CON: 20 (+ on 4th and 8th level)
INT: 8 (2 with equipment)
WIS: 14
CHA: 18

Skills:
1 skill point in each of these
Profession (town fool)
use rope
use magic device
perform (french horn)
heal
Speak language: 5 ranks

Feats (18) Toughness for each of them except one, where he took skill focus (speak languages):
HP: 160

Loaded down with 500lbs of food, he also has fullplate armor of arrow attraction, an amulet of inescapable location, boots of dancing, bracers of defenselessness, ring of clumsiness, cursed gloves of dexterity -2, cursed headband of intellect -6, and a cursed belt of giant strength -2 equipped.

His background story is that a few seconds ago he had pissed off every god in the universe. Plus his family has a history of heart disease.

Eloel
Why don't you just give him ALL flaws, and ALL traits? (penalties of traits are more damaging than their bonuses)

Polite (+1 Diplomacy -2 Intimidate)
Abrasive (+1 Intimidate -1 Diplomacy -1 Bluff)
Dishonest (+1 Bluff -2 Diplomacy)
Honest (+1 Diplomacy -1 Bluff -1 Sense Motive)
Uncivilized (+1 Handle Animal +1 Wild Empathy -1 Bluff -1 Diplomacy -1 Gather Information)
Easygoing (+1 Gather Information -1 Intimidate -1 Sense Motive)
Suspicious (+1 Sense Motive -1 Diplomacy -1 Intimidate)
Saddleborn (+1 Ride -1 Handle Animal)
Farsighted (+1 Spot -2 Search)
Focused (+1 Concentration -1 Spot -1 Listen)
Hard of Hearing (+1 Spot -2 Listen)
Nearsighted (+1 Search -1 Spot)

Diplomacy -2 Intimidate -2 Bluff -2 Sense Motive -1
Concentration +1 Ride +1 Wild Empathy +1
Search -1 Listen -3

That's -8 skill points for you :)

Frog Dragon
2008-12-14, 02:00 PM
Not enough fail. He still has a BAB of 9, which means he's only 1 BAB behind a full Fighter. He can ignore his bardic casting or suck up the failure rate and reasonably kill things. He even has decent HP. He's not great for a level 10 character, but he could probably hold his own against something.
You're ignoring the fact that this guy gets no decent feats at any point because his stats bite so hard. And yes, I used the 30 point buy. You see, most feats have a requirement of some stat on 13 Yet he only has two stats at 13 and wisdom and charisma hardly qualify for anything. And the BaB? Well his strenght bites so if a decent fighter at this point has an str of 18. This guy has 12. Puts him behind by 4.

martyboy74
2008-12-14, 02:01 PM
You can only take two flaws by RAW.

It's too bad this is limited to level 10, or someone could put up the sandwich psion.

Is a character allowed to take Skill Focus (Comprehend Languages)? If so, what happens?

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 02:01 PM
Can we enforce it a rule that spellcasters must have at least 11 in their primary stat? It seems too easy to make a sucky thing otherwise.

That is a sound idea, I'll add it.

unless the DM approves, and I did for that character :smallbiggrin:

monty
2008-12-14, 02:06 PM

It's too bad this is limited to level 10, or someone could put up the sandwich psion.

Is a character allowed to take Skill Focus (Comprehend Languages)? If so, what happens?

They can still manifest all of their powers, though, which by that level is pretty much all they need to be able to do.

Then they get a bonus to all rolls involving that skill, of which there are none.

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 02:09 PM
First I'm going to steal a build from Kresalak on the WoTC forums, just to give everyone an idea of how weak a character can get. Nup-Nup, the kobold wizard 10/psion (any) 10

Alignment does not matter.
Ability scores: Str 11, Dex 15, Con 4, Int 6, Wis 11, Cha 18
By level 20: Str 13, Dex 15, Con 4, Int 6, Wis 13, Cha 19

Frail flaw: Skill Focus (Craft [Basketweaving])
Pathetic Int flaw: Combat Casting
Level 1: Armor Prof (Light)
Wizard 1: Scribe Scroll
Level 3: Armor Prof (Medium)
Wizard 5: Empower Spell
Level 6: Armor Prof (Heavy)
Level 9: Maximize Spell
Wizard 10: Extend Spell
Psion 1: Empower Power
Level 12: Peristant Spell
Psion 5: Burrowing Power
Level 15: Boost construct
Level 18: Augment summoning
Psion 10: Combat Manifestation

Spend your 1 skill point per level on 24 different skills. Except Craft (Basketweaving), since otherwise you might be able to make baskets.

BAB of +10, arcane CL of 10, manifester level 10. HP per level 0, skill points pert level 1.
Every single feat he has is useless to him. Except Craft (Basketweaving).
He cannot manifest any powers or cast any spells, since his Int score is so low. Since his HP is so low, he cannot take more then a partial action each round.

Equiptment is:
+5 Vicious Merciful Dagger. This weapon deals 1d4+5+3d6 damage, but all damage is nonlethal. He attacks a +16/+11, but cannot get iteritive attacks since he cannot take more then a partial action. Also, he takes 1d6 damage whenever he hits, and since he has 0 hp...

All other equiptment doesn't matter- assume that it is various things that are utterly useless or even harmful to him.

The point of Nup-Nup is that he cannot do anything. He has 0 hp, cannot cast spells, cannot manifest powers, and if he manages to hit something he brings himself to negative hp. He cannot even take a full round worth of actions, so he cannot run away very easily. None of his feats help him, and he spent his skill point in a way to make all of them useless. A normal CR 1/4th kobold could kill this guy. Sadly, said kobold wouldn't get any XP, since Nup-Nup is technically CR 20...

The name should be obvious- Pun-Pun reversed, since while Pun-Pun can do anything, Nup-Nup can do nothing. He cannot even survive fighting a helpless opponent.

I'm sure better could be done, perhaps by mixing in a bunch of prestige classes to lower his BAB and kill off any potential spellcasting and manifesting he might have.

As for my own build, I'm working on it. If I can get a character down to 1 or 2 Constitution, I'll make a Hellfire Warlock that kills himself with Constitution damage every time he uses his Eldritch Blast.

Wow... that creature's fail is a thing of beauty.

Eloel
2008-12-14, 02:16 PM
Also, he takes 1d6 damage whenever he hits, and since he has 0 hp...

That's 1d6 NON-LETHAL damage.

The weapon deals an extra 1d6 points of damage, and all damage it deals is nonlethal damage. On command, the weapon suppresses this ability until commanded to resume it. Bows, crossbows, and slings so crafted bestow the merciful effect upon their ammunition.

Also from SRD;

You apply your character’s Constitution modifier to:

* Each roll of a Hit Die (though a penalty can never drop a result below 1—that is, a character always gains at least 1 hit point each time he or she advances in level).

Misreading rules FTW :) It still has 20 HP :)

monty
2008-12-14, 02:23 PM
Misreading rules FTW :) It still has 20 HP :)

Frail
Subtract 1 from the number of hit points you gain at each level. This flaw can reduce the number of hit points you gain to 0 (but not below).

Misreading rules FTW :smalltongue:

Eloel
2008-12-14, 02:25 PM
MisNot reading rules FTW :smalltongue:

:smalltongue:

OOTS_Rules 2
2008-12-14, 02:30 PM
Specific trumps general, so Monty's rule trumps Ozgun's. However, it is usually the DMs choice by the highest rule of all, Rule 0.

zaei
2008-12-14, 02:32 PM
Elf Samurai 3/Fighter 1/Paladin 1/Rogue 1/Swash 1/Monk 1/Ninja 1/Ranger 1.

That's a 140% XP penalty.

Throw whatever useless feats on that you want

Frog Dragon
2008-12-14, 02:41 PM
Elf Samurai 3/Fighter 1/Paladin 1/Rogue 1/Swash 1/Monk 1/Ninja 1/Ranger 1.

That's a 140% XP penalty.

Throw whatever useless feats on that you want
No it isn't. If your classes are within 1 of each other then there's no XP penalty for them. That's just 20% XP penalty.

monty
2008-12-14, 02:46 PM
No it isn't. If your classes are within 1 of each other then there's no XP penalty for them. That's just 20% XP penalty.

Actually, it's if they're within one level of your highest. He's right.

On the other hand, I wouldn't say it sucks, at least compared to some of the other stuff here. It's just incapable of gaining experience.

Eloel
2008-12-14, 02:54 PM
Does that assume the last level was a Samurai level? If not, you can't gain enough XP to get the last level, as you have more than 100% penalty.

monty
2008-12-14, 03:01 PM
Does that assume the last level was a Samurai level? If not, you can't gain enough XP to get the last level, as you have more than 100% penalty.

I assumed that was the assumption. :smallbiggrin:

No, guys, the trick is to take the first 2 levels of as many 1/2 BAB and first level of as many 3/4 BAB classes as possible to end up with a lvl 10 character with BAB of 0.

Wizard 2/Psion 2/Sorcerer 2/Cleric 2/Rogue 1/Monk 1 has BAB 0, with the unfortunate side effect of having spellcasting, even if it's useless by that level.

That would have a BAB of +4, actually. Look at the BAB chart again.

Flickerdart
2008-12-14, 03:01 PM
No, guys, the trick is to take the first 2 levels of as many 1/2 BAB and first level of as many 3/4 BAB classes as possible to end up with a lvl 10 character with BAB of 0.

Wizard 2/Psion 2/Sorcerer 2/Cleric 1/Rogue 1/Monk 1/Artificer 1 has BAB 0, with the unfortunate side effect of having spellcasting, even if it's useless by that level.

AmberVael
2008-12-14, 03:11 PM
...hm. I have an interesting idea...

Nargle, Tiamat's Devotant
Level 10 Kobold Fighter
Str: 4
Dex: 11
Con: 6
Int: 19
Wis: 9
Cha: 17

Brawler Trait
Reckless Trait
Flaw Weapon Bound (Tiamat, Claw) - Spell Penetration
Flaw Bestial Instinct - Greater Spell penetration
1st Spell Focus (Conjuration)
1st F Combat Reflexes
2nd F Mounted Combat
3rd Spell Focus (Abjuration)
4th F Mounted Archery
6th Spell Focus (Evocation)
6th F Quickdraw
8th F Point Blank Shot
9th Spell Focus (Divination)
10th F Far Shot

Each of his skill points go into a different Profession skill- such as Profession Training Dummy, or Profession Begging.

Now lets examine this.
Nargle, due to Weapon Bound, is improficient with everything but claws. Unfortunately, he has no claws, so he has no weapon proficiencies (-4 to all attacks).
Bestial Instinct means that he takes a further -2 to all attacks that aren't Unarmed Strikes or natural weapons.
Brawler means that he takes a further -1 to all attacks that aren't Unarmed strikes.
Reckless means that he takes a -1 to all melee attacks, but none to damage.

Add in his various modifiers, and this is what we get:
Armed Melee Attacks: -1/-6/-11/-16
Unarmed Melee Attacks: 3/-2/-7/-12
Ranged Attacks: 3/-2/-7/-12 (+1 within 30ft).

Poor Nargle. All he wanted was to be a scholar, but he got shoved into the military because the kobolds are always getting slaughtered and have a 100% draft rate.

SurlySeraph
2008-12-14, 03:15 PM
I've got my build!

Gud-gud, Neutral Good Sanctified Venerable Kobold Fiendish Flamewreath Warlock 8
Str 1 (0 if the Pathetic Strength flaw can reduce it to 0)
Dex 4
Con 1
Int 21
Wis 18
Cha 9 (11 and don't take Pathetic Charisma if you rule that a Warlock must have 11 Cha)

Skills:
11 Craft (Basketweaving)
11 Craft (Bookbinding)
11 Craft (Calligraphy)
11 Craft (Cobbling)
11 Craft (Gemcutting)
11 Craft (Painting)
11 Craft (Pottery)
11 Craft (Sculpting)
8 Craft (Weaving)

Equipment:
+1 Heavenly Burst kukri. The Heavenly Burst ability is from the Book of Exalted deeds. On a critical hit against an evil opponent, the opponent takes 3d6 damage and must save or be blinded, but the wielder takes 1d2 Str damage. Since Gud-gud has 1 Str, this means that any time he manages to do significant damage, he paralyzes himself. A +2 Vicious cold iron weapon would be slightly more pessimized, as it would guarantee that he knocks himself unconscious whenever he makes an attack, but I'll let him keep this almost-advantage because the flavor of the Heavenly Burst weapon works well with his build.
If he already has 0 Str through the Pathetic Strength flaw or a -2 Cursed Belt of Giant's Strength, he doesn't need this weapon.

Ring of X-Ray Vision. If he leaves it on for more than ten minutes a day, he dies from Con damage.

Flaws: All of them, and trade them in for Vile feats. If you want to limit them, only Pathetic Constitution and Frail (taken as a young adult, back when he had 4 Con) are necessary.

Feats: All Vile feats. There are 33 of them, so I can take one for every feat I get even counting in flaws. It doesn't matter exactly which ones he takes - you'll see why in a moment.

Invocations:
Doesn't matter. You'll see why in a moment.

This build relies on the beauty of the Sanctified template, from the Book of Exalted Deeds. A Sanctified creature is an evil creature that has survived the Sanctify the Wicked spell - a spell that has been referred to as Holy Mindrape, as it imprisons the target's soul in a gem for a year and brainwashes him into a Good-aligned creature.
A Sanctified creature has +2 LA. It gains a few minor benefits (like Tongues and Magic Circle Against Evil), but the important part of this build is that a Sanctified creature loses all Vile feats it has, *and* all pre-existing supernatural and spell-like abilities. Therefore, a Warlock who takes this loses pretty much all his class features. The reason I'm using the Fiendish Flamewreath class variant is because it replaces Fiendish Resilience with another spell-like ability, so he loses that, too. All the poor Warlock is left with is DR 2/Cold Iron and Deceive Item, which is useless if he doesn't have any magic items to use it with.

Backstory:
Gud-Gud was a big nasty evil warlock. He was completely evil and irredeemable, except for his curious obsession with making artwork, and all his power stemmed from pacts he had made with fiends. Even though he was physically pathetic, Gud-Gud's intelligence made him a deadly opponent.
Fortunately, one day Gud-Gud was defeated by a group of nice paladins. Rather than doing something so horrible as kill him, they decided to lock his soul in a gem for a year and brainwash him into a humble servant of good. When Gud-Gud was released, he was overjoyed. Now, after long years working on behalf of good, Gud-Gud lives only for his art, as there is nothing else he is physically strong enough to do.
Gud-Gud never forgot how to plan, and he wears a Ring of X-Ray Vision to make sure no one sneaks up on him. Unfortunately, when he forgets to take the ring off he dies, but that's OK. Gud-Gud is always wary against evil, and he carries his Heavenly Burst kukri everywhere, knowing that if he is up against a weak opponent such as another kobold, there is a slight chance that it will kill his opponent before it paralyzes him.

HP: 8d6 minus 40. With Frail, he gets 0 HP.

Saves:
Fort +2 base, -6 final (-3 without flaws)
Ref +2 base, -4 final (-1 without flaws)
Will +6 base, +8 final (+11 without flaws)
+2 on all saves vs. evil creatures, for what it’s worth.

AC 8, 10 against evil creatures (9, 11 against evil creatures if the Vulnerable flaw isn't allowed)

DR 2/Cold Iron

Attacks:
Light Ray +1 (only usable once per round), 3d6 damage vs. evil creatures only.
Kukri +0/-5, 1d4+1 damage. On critical hit against evil creature, additional 3d6 damage and save vs. blindness, but wielder takes 1d2 STR damage.

Analysis: Gud-Gud may survive an attack, provided his opponent doesn't have a Cold Iron weapon and rolls unusually badly for damage. However, it is very difficult to not hit Gud-Gud, and most hits will knock him out instantly. Gud-Gud can't be mind-controlled thanks to his permanent Protection from Evil, and his Will save is decent, but with two negative saves he has little chance against anything that isn't mind-affecting. Gud-Gud has Aura of Menace, which gives minor penalties to nearby enemies who haven't hit him yet. Gud-Gud gets a lot more benefit out of Aura of Menace than most creatures would, as once he's hit the fight is usually over. Gud-Gud's Light Ray is his only hope, as it deals reasonable damage and has range (since even if he has enough Str to move, he has a flaw that halves his movement speed). However, it only affects evil creatures, and so won't protect him from mice, sparrows, or other creatures that could easily kill him. His kukri is, of course, worse than useless, as if he ever rolls high enough to hit his opponent, it'll probably be a critical hit that'll paralyze him.
On the bright side, Gud-Gud's Tongues ability and high Int and Wis mean that he can come up with good plans, or talk about his artwork, in any language. Too bad he doesn't have the charisma to convince anyone of what he's saying...

EDIT: Factored in Small size and stat increases. Added every flaw possible. Added an analysis.

chiasaur11
2008-12-14, 03:21 PM
Wow. Kobolds are better at everything.

Even sucking.

Graymayre
2008-12-14, 03:25 PM
the last two builds definitely deserve cookies

http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc306/CrBram/Cookie.jpg

monty
2008-12-14, 04:35 PM
Wow. Kobolds are better at everything.

Even sucking.

I'm debating whether I should sig that.

Drammel
2008-12-14, 08:32 PM
It occurs to me no one has used their feats to actively increase overall 'suck'. Imagine the ways you could ruin such a character's life. I give you:

Doctor Nicodemus
LG (later LE, then LG again) Warforged Healer 7/ Ur-Priest 3

Base Stats (after race, flaws and boosts):
Str: 8
Dex: 13
Con: 8
Int: 16
Wis: 11
Cha: 16

Level Progression:
{table] 1|Healer 1
2|Healer 2
3|Healer 3
4|Healer 4
5|Healer 5
6|Healer 6
7|Ur-Priest 1
8|Ur-Priest 2
9|Ur-Priest 3
10|Healer 7
[/table]

Feat Progression:
{table]Level|Feat|Flaw
1|Unarmored Body|
1|Iron Will|Weak Will
1|Martial Study-Steely Strike|Pathetic (Con)
1|Martial Stance-Punishing Stance|Frail
1|Apprentice (Criminal)|Noncombatant
3|Improved Resiliency|
6|Malign Spell Focus|
9|Sacred Vow|[/table]

The Tale of the Fall and Redemption of Dr.Nicodemus as told in 10 Acts ... err... levels.

Level, the First: Hello World! It is I, Dr. Nic! A humble Warforged being, trained in the ways of healing by my father figure Don Chawannakno. Though I was born in prison and never released until this war that rages hence, I promise to use the skills he taught me to aid you in this most perilous war! Skills like Knowledge (Arcana), Knowledge (Religion), Knowledge (The Planes), Spellcraft, Craft (Bars of Soap), and the skill he used most after he taught me the soap lessons, Bluff. He taught me the ways of combat as well. A technique and stance that while making me more vulnerable to attacks increases my combat potential. A shame he never actually let me train with his twin whips Snappy and Indiana he bequeathed to me on his deathbed... and incidentally the techniques he taught me are kinda hard to pull off in this pink half-plate family heirloom of his he gave me. Shame I had to remove my own natural plating to be able to use it, but I would do anything for my father-figure-mentor-teacher-guy. He said I looked oh so pretty in it!
Lo! I see a battle being joined hence, I shall follow my Cleric brethren into battle. Fear me mine enemies, for I am a twin whip wielding, half-plated, healing engine of your doom!

Level, the second: What the h*** do you mean I can't cast in heavy armor!? You guys are doing it! B***sh** a Healer's oaths are narrower, you guys have been doing the same thing I've been doing all day except you can bash in skulls better! No, I'm sorry, I absolutely will not believe the gods are denying me my supernatural powers for wearing the same armor you jokers are. Fine! I'll just attack stuff! It can't be all that hard.

Level, the third: Whew! What a hard day. It's almost like the universe was arbitrarily punishing me with a -17 to hit with Snappy and -21 on Indiana for being neither proficient with heavy armor nor my whips, nor having the strength to beat a heavy encumbrance. Shame my BAB progression isn't so hot. Alas, if only I could cast spells, but my father figure sovereign glued this armor to me, and there after told me to call myself Susan! Oh that kidder! Woe, even if I could use healing magic since I am Warforged magical healing is only half as effective. What shall I do to improve my lot in the world!? I know! I shall make use of my being Warforged and gain Improved Resiliency. I'll be invulnerable to nonlethal damage! Haha! Now all I have to do is avoid opponents with swords and spears and axes and... awww crap. Did I also prevent myself from ever benefiting from regeneration effects?

Level, the sixth: Oh marvel of technological mechanical godliness in the sky, Lolli, of the thin white stick and large round head, god of sweetness! Why have you forsaken your servant!? Was the sin of stripping away part of my own body to wear a pretty pink half plate to earn my father figure's love with more than soap so horrible!? Curse you father for teaching me a martial stance that mechanically doesn't increase the damage of Snappy and Indiana while weakening my AC! My life is all a lie! Curse you Lolli! And curse all the gods!
Oh hello mysterious cloaked stranger who smells of brimstone and spam. Why yes, yes I do hate all the gods. You too? What are the odds? Why yes, I would actually like to use spells. You can show me a trick? What's Malign Spell Focus, isn't that evil? Well I guess you're right, there can't be anything so evil about wanting to use magic I suppose. Ur-Priest sounds kinda cool...

Level, the seventh: MWHAHAHAAHAHA!

Level, the eight: Well I can rebuke the undead now. Shame I kinda suck at it. And my magic is really feeble compared to everyone else I know. Yup... wearin' black.

Level, the Ninth: Lo, what is this on the kitchen table? A lollipop? *GASPANDALARM* It must be a sign from my forsaken god! What a fool I have been to trade in my staggeringly weak powers for only humiliatingly weak magic and black eye liner. To the bookshelf! I shall atone for my sins exactly as detailed on page 20 of that esoteric and rare tome, The Book of Exalted Deeds! Lo and to further prove my penance I shall take a Sacred Vow never to do more wrong, as is writ upon page 45, and thus placate the wrath of the overgod DMicus as well.

Level, the Final:Yay! I'm a Healer again! Oh wait I'm a Healer again... And a Healer with three levels in a PrC that does me zero good. The gods have seen it not fit to bestow upon me that unicorn that would have matched my armor oh so well. It seems I must make a choice. Unicorn or pretty pink armor. Well, time to dedicate the rest of my life to the quest for Universal Solvent. To the store!

And that is the difference between making a pathetic character and making your character pathetic. I've always wanted to see what would happen if someone tried using items they weren't proficient with. :smallamused:

Thurbane
2008-12-14, 08:51 PM
Halfling fighter 10.

STR 6
DEX 10
CON 9
INT 9
WIS 17
CHA 18

HP 39

Skill Ranks:

Spellcraft 2.5
Disable Device 3

1 Skill Focus (Heal)
F1 Weapon Focus (Great Club)
F2 Point Blank Shot
3 Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
F4 Weapon Specialization (Great Club)
6 Skill Focus (Disable Device)
F6 Precise Shot
F8 Improved Critical (Great Club)
9 Endurance
F10 Greater Weapon Focus (Great Club)

Xenon
2008-12-14, 08:56 PM
sounds fun.

30 points... ok, 13 in each stat. a nice +1 in everything, but no high stat.
next, we make em a half-elf. true neutral alignment.
1st level is as a fighter. this is important for skill points.

so we have a fighter 1/bard 1/rogue 1/cleric 1/druid 1/sorcerer 1/ranger 1/wizard 1/barbarian 2. Total BAB of +4 at level 10 which is lower than a straight wizard. weapons are most limited by the druid class, and their armor is also limited. no armor to use several of his spells.
spells are 2 bard, 3/2+1 cleric, 3/2 druid, and 5/4 sorcerer. thats 9 lv 1 spells and 13 lv 0 spells. from 4 different spell lists.

now feats, he has 5 total- all from the list that gives you +2 to two different skills. fast movement, uncanny dodge, rage 1/day, 1d6 sneak attack, turn undead, bardic music and knowledge, wild empathy, nature sense, an animal companion, a familiar, track, scribe scroll, and trapfinding.

so, melee or ranged, this poor multiclass has a mere +5 to hit. his saves are good, but his AC is low. no armor if he wants all his spells, and hide armor at best. overall, this guy would have trouble with a band of four lv 1 heros.

hit points, 2d12+1d10+3d8+2d6+2d4+12(con bonus). fixed hit points would be 60. but it only makes the fight last longer.

skills- a strong focus on languages and knowledge skills cross-class. it dosent work that well, but it works a little. and sometime he knows stuff.

holywhippet
2008-12-14, 10:01 PM
Gnome monk:

STR:6
DEX:8
CON:12
CHA:18
INT:17
WIS:8
(Ignoring the 2 stat boosts)

skills:

craft: basketweaving - 13
profession: basketweaver - 13
concentration - 13
swim - 13
perform: kazoo - 13
appraise - 6
etc.

feats:

combat casting
Armor Proficiency (Light)
Armor Proficiency (Medium)
Armor Proficiency (Heavy)
Eschew Materials
Quicken Spell
Shield Proficiency
+ monk feats
(Strange how most of the metamagic feats don't actually require spellcasting abilities as a prerequisite)

Draz74
2008-12-14, 10:06 PM
Truenamer 10. The end.

You know, at first I thought this was a cop-out, relying on exaggerated reports of the Truenamer's weakness for its impact. But now I realize it's actually the best answer we've seen ...

... if it doesn't take a single rank of Truenaming.

Seriously. Check out Venerable Kobold Truenamer 10 with starting stats

Str 8, Dex 8, Con 8, Int 9, Wis 18, Cha 17

and final stats

Str 1, Dex 4, Con 1, Int 12, Wis 23, Cha 20

with 1/2 skill rank in every cross-class skill for the truenamer, a couple full ranks in utterly useless (for this character) skills like Jump/Swim/Climb/Iaijutsu Focus/Concentration, and absolutely no ranks in Truenaming. No Skill Focus (truenaming) either -- it can't be used untrained, but hey, why take chances?

chiasaur11
2008-12-14, 10:19 PM
You know, at first I thought this was a cop-out, relying on exaggerated reports of the Truenamer's weakness for its impact. But now I realize it's actually the best answer we've seen ...

and final stats

with 1/2 skill rank in every cross-class skill for the truenamer, a couple full ranks in utterly useless (for this character) skills like Jump/Swim/Climb/Iaijutsu Focus/Concentration, and absolutely no ranks in Truenaming. No Skill Focus (truenaming) either -- it can't be used untrained, but hey, why take chances?

Which leads to the immortal question: If he's so wise, how come he's a truenamer?

dspeyer
2008-12-14, 10:31 PM
Grig LA 3 / monk 4 / fighter 2 / reaping mauler 1
Low strength and tiny -- just what a grappler needs! He can probably hit with an unarmed strike (thanks to racial weapons finesse) but won't do noticeable damage.

Fighter 5 / Order of the Bow Initiate 4 / Apostle of Peace 1
Waste all the fighter feats on archery, then take Vow of Poverty which forbids owning a bow.

Pie Guy
2008-12-14, 10:32 PM
New idea: Samurai 3/ Truenamer 4/ Monk 3

Behold the monstrosity! The multiclassing penalties alone would put you a level or two behind!

Behold_the_Void
2008-12-14, 11:09 PM
New idea: Samurai 3/ Truenamer 4/ Monk 3

Behold the monstrosity! The multiclassing penalties alone would put you a level or two behind!

Not with that distribution, they're still all within 1 level of each other.

Fishy
2008-12-14, 11:39 PM
Hmm.

Be a changeling, take Racial Emulation as your first feat, and then load up on mutually-exclusive race-specific classes and prestige classes? Stuff like Rilikan Rogue and Shifter Druid and Kalashtar Monk? Not only do you have a bunch of crappy 1st level class abilities, you can only use one of them at a time.

Does that work?

Deepblue706
2008-12-15, 03:18 AM
Grey-Elf Ex-Paladin 1/Ex-Druid 1/Sorcerer3/Rogue1/Marshal 1/Ex-Samurai1/Ex-Hexblade1/Ex-Monk 1.

In that order. He's Ex-everything because he's Chaotic Good, and also completely insane.

(btw, can anyone think of 10 Ex-Classes?)

Approximate Saves (I really didn't feel like double-checking everything):
Fortitude: +14
Reflexes: +4
Willpower: +9

BAB:+4

All spells are - at best - level 1

Avg HP, max first: 58 (I think?)

current (original)

STR 7 (9)
DEX 11 (9)
CON 16 (18)
INT 16 (14)
WIS 11 (11)
CHA 11 (11)

Kicker: With an Elven lifespan and a high CON and Fort, he'll be around to suck for centuries.

Oracle_Hunter
2008-12-15, 07:08 AM
I say take every Fighter build, and replace all Fighter levels with Paladin levels. Note that the alignment for said build will be N :smallamused:

That has to be worse than Samurai, yes?

monty
2008-12-15, 07:24 AM
I say take every Fighter build, and replace all Fighter levels with Paladin levels. Note that the alignment for said build will be N :smallamused:

That has to be worse than Samurai, yes?

Creativity (anyone can make a paladin that loses his abilities, make someone that is truelly unique).

Yes, it would suck. It wouldn't be very creative, though.

For the record, I came up with my 0 hp failure before the Wizards one was posted.

Mephit
2008-12-15, 08:46 AM
Why not the following:
I tried to make a somewhat decent build, and just put one gaping flaw in it:

Lun AKA the Asian Kobold was a promising recruit in a growing Kobold Horde. He had charm, intelligence, and was a great shot with the Crossbow.
He would've probably climbed up to at least the rank of Lieutenant, if he hadn't been hit on the head by a rampant adventurer. Ever Since, Lun's convinced he's a ninja.

Lun is agile and very skilled with his chosen special ninja weapon: the Shuriken. He can hit pretty much anything within 30 ft. Unfortunately, his weak kobold arms aren't able to give the shuriken's enough force to pierce even a sheet of parchment, let alone human skin.

Fighter 6/Exotic Weapon Master 1/Master Thrower 3

Stats: 4, 20, 10, 14, 8, 12

Flaws:
Pathetic(Strength!)

Feats:
1: EWP(Shuriken), WF(Shuriken), Dodge
2: Point Blank Shot
3: Far Shot
4: Precise Shot
6: Rapid Shot, Any feat (Can't think of one right now)
9: Greater WF(Shuriken)

Weapon Tricks:
- Close Quarters Ranged Combat
- Doubletoss
- Sneaky Shot

Skills:
Hide, Move Silently, Tumble, Sleight of Hand, anything else.

I'll admit this build could suck a lot harder, but I think throwing in things like Brutal throw and such is unnecessary: Lun can dance around the battlefield and throw as many shurikens as he wants: he won't actually deal any damage. :smallbiggrin:

Kesnit
2008-12-15, 08:56 AM
Halfling fighter 10.

STR 6
DEX 10
CON 9
INT 9
WIS 17
CHA 18

HP 39

Skill Ranks:

Spellcraft 2.5
Disable Device 3

1 Skill Focus (Heal)
F1 Weapon Focus (Great Club)
F2 Point Blank Shot
3 Skill Focus (Spellcraft)
F4 Weapon Specialization (Great Club)
6 Skill Focus (Disable Device)
F6 Precise Shot
F8 Improved Critical (Great Club)
9 Endurance
F10 Greater Weapon Focus (Great Club)

As an aside, a Halfling Fighter could use a Greatclub. A Small Greatclub does 1d8 damage. AB +10, 1d8 damage. Crits 19-20. Not good, but it could be a lot worse.

Waste all the fighter feats on archery, then take Vow of Poverty which forbids owning a bow.

(I don't have my book with me, so could be mis-remembering.) A VoP character can own a non-masterwork weapon. A regular shortbow costs 30 gp - well below the 100 gp max that a VoP character can carry.

Coidzor
2008-12-15, 08:59 AM
Lun AKA the Asian Kobold was a promising recruit in a growing Kobold Horde. He had charm, intelligence, and was a great shot with the Crossbow.
He would've probably climbed up to at least the rank of Lieutenant, if he hadn't been hit on the head by a rampant adventurer. Ever Since, Lun's convinced he's a ninja.

Lun is agile and very skilled with his chosen special ninja weapon: the Shuriken. He can hit pretty much anything within 30 ft. Unfortunately, his weak kobold arms aren't able to give the shuriken's enough force to pierce even a sheet of parchment, let alone human skin.
So the pathetic flaw is able to get around the minimum 1 hp damage? Cool.

One of the better suggestions I've seen so far in this thread, simply for how amusing it is.

monty
2008-12-15, 09:01 AM
So the pathetic flaw is able to get around the minimum 1 hp damage? Cool.

One of the better suggestions I've seen so far in this thread, simply for how amusing it is.

Actually, I don't think it can. It doesn't explicitly say it does, and all attacks do minimum damage unless stated otherwise.

Eloel
2008-12-15, 09:17 AM

And go against your Vow, losing a single feat and being useful again.

Telonius
2008-12-15, 09:22 AM
Middle Aged Half-Elf Wizard 10
Stat bumps to CHA at 4 and 8

STR 9 -> 8/-1
DEX 8 -> 7/-2
CON 8 -> 7/-2
INT 8 -> 9/-1
WIS 16 -> 17/+3
CHA 18 -> 21/+5

Skills: Max out Climb.

Lizard familiar

Feats
1 - Scribe Scroll, Enlarge Spell
3 - Widen Spell
4 - Extend Spell
6 - Quicken Spell
8 - Silent Spell
9 - Still Spell

Average HP at level 10: 15.25 (assuming max 4 hp at level 1).
Carrying Capacity: 20lb. or less for light load.
Unable to cast any spells (lacks the required Int bonus). Cannot cast from scrolls (no UMD).
Standard Attack: +4 with quarterstaff.
Standard tactics: Find a tree, climb tree, hide until combat is over.

Graymayre
2008-12-15, 03:13 PM
Middle Aged Half-Elf Wizard 10
Stat bumps to CHA at 4 and 8

STR 9 -> 8/-1
DEX 8 -> 7/-2
CON 8 -> 7/-2
INT 8 -> 9/-1
WIS 16 -> 17/+3
CHA 18 -> 21/+5

A rule of the thread was that a caster has to have atleast an 11 in their main ability.

Telonius
2008-12-15, 04:11 PM
Oh pfft. Well, let's switch it around a little then.

Venerable Aged Half-Elf Cleric 10
Stat bumps to CHA at 4 and 8; +2 CHA from VoP.

Domains: Chaos, Earth

STR 9 -> 4/-3
DEX 8 -> 3/-4
CON 8 -> 3/-4
INT 16 -> 19/+4
WIS 8 -> 11/0
CHA 18 -> 25/+6

Skills: Max out Climb, Balance, Handle Animal, Swim, Knowledge (Engineering), and Knowledge (Local).

Feats
1 - Sacred Vow
3 - Quicken Spell
6 - Monkey Grip
9 - Vow of Poverty
10 - Exalted Turning (VoP)

From VoP - Endure Elements, Exalted Strike +2, +1 Dodge AC, Doesn't need to eat, +1 to all saves, +2 to one stat (Charisma, of course)

Average HP at level 10: 19.25 (assuming max 8 hp at level 1).
Carrying Capacity: 13lb. or less for light load.
Attack: 7/2 base, +2 sacred, -3 str, = 6/1, for 1d6-1 damage with a quarterstaff (average 2.5 damage per hit).

Unable to cast most spells or turn undead, since the wording of Vow of Poverty technically prevents him from owning a Holy Symbol.

Standard tactics: Find tree, climb tree, hide until combat is over.

Available spells:
Create Water
Cure Minor Wounds
Detect Magic
Detect Poison
Guidance
Inflict Minor Wounds
Mending
Purify Food and Drink
Read Magic
Command
Cause Fear
Cure Light Wounds
Deathwatch
Endure Elements
Entropic Shield
Inflict Light Wounds
Obscuring Mist
Remove Fear
Shield of Faith

No available Domain spells (all require a Divine Focus)

Prometheus
2008-12-15, 04:49 PM
Okay, this is my master assassin build. You go Psion 9 (kineticist)/Rogue 1. Each day to cast Fiery Discorporation (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/powers/fieryDiscorporation.htm) and kill yourself near a chosen flame. If for whatever reason there happens to be a foe standing somewhere near that flame a day later, you spring out and attack them for +1d6 Sneak Attack. Yeah! How bout that?

SurlySeraph
2008-12-15, 06:25 PM

and final stats

Ohhhhh... I think we may have a winner. My kobold can at least zap evil opponents with a ray of light. If you take Pathetic Strength to become immobile, I don't think that build can be pessimized any further.

Draz74
2008-12-15, 06:29 PM
If you take Pathetic Strength to become immobile, I don't think that build can be pessimized any further.

Also take Endurance and Steadfast Determination, so his Will save won't be so good anymore. :smallwink:

woodenbandman
2008-12-15, 08:19 PM
Vampire Monk 2, relevant stats.

I'd like to think that I win this one.

Who_Da_Halfling
2008-12-15, 08:46 PM
I was thinking of a caster who has Splint Mail and a Tower Shield, meaning that even with their decidedly average casting stat, the spells they cast fail 90% of the time. Additionally, their pathetic Strength stat means that they can't even move with that armor on. I was thinking Kobold for that. Kobold Wizard is highly Dextrous, but with a -17 check penalty and a +0 max Dex, it doesn't much matter. Unfortunately, I don't know anything about the Flaws that could make this work even better. Admittedly you have 20 AC, so you're at least somewhat harder to hit than would be expected against a Level 1 party, but since a STR 4 character can't move with 90 lbs. of armor and shield and you have a -17 to hit (probably more once I decide what non-proficient weapon he'll use) and a 90% spell failure chance (with which to use his level 1 spells, which are the highest he can cast), its not like he's doing much in battle anyway.

You know what, actually Kobold Sorcerer works better, b/c then you can run 18 Dex/16 Int/11 Cha/8 all other stats and just use the skill points to be the best Basketweaver ever!

-JM

Thurbane
2008-12-15, 08:49 PM
As an aside, a Halfling Fighter could use a Greatclub. A Small Greatclub does 1d8 damage. AB +10, 1d8 damage. Crits 19-20. Not good, but it could be a lot worse.
True, I probably could have made him suck more - I just thought' I'd give him the crappiest 2 handed weapon with no Power Attack so he can't use a shield. :smallbiggrin:

Jack_Simth
2008-12-15, 08:53 PM
Hmm...

Well, with Powerstones, Scrolls, and Use Magic/Psionic device, you could permanently turn into a sandwich, without retaining your Int score (Scroll of Polymorph Any Object + Powerstone of True Mind Switch - turn sandwich into valid target for True Mind Switch, True Mind Switch with sandwich, permit Polymorph Any Object to expire). A high Int/Cha Factotum could pull it off, I think.

Tar Palantir
2008-12-15, 09:21 PM
Half Dragon Half Celestial Drow Rogue 1. Intended to enter melee combat. try and survive that one, two scimitars or not.