PDA

View Full Version : [3.5] Wizard Questions

codexgigas
2008-12-14, 02:33 PM
I'm drawing up a character for a new campaign, and I'm the only one in the party willing to play a wizard. I'm probably going to be taking the elven generalist racial substitution level, but I was wondering if I could have my cake and eat it too. I'm thinking about prestige classing into Wizard of High Sorcery, which allows wizards without a specialization to choose one. Should I specialize later on, do I cease to gain the benefits of the generalist substitution level?

Also, does the generalist substitution level stack or overlap with the bonus spells known granted by Collegiate Wizard? If they stack, the benefits of being a generalist may outweigh specialization.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-14, 02:37 PM
Something you could do to get a bonus slot while still being a Generalist is play as a Domain Wizard: http://www.d20srd.org/srd/variant/classes/variantCharacterClasses.htm#wizardVariantDomainWiz ard .

Yukitsu
2008-12-14, 02:39 PM
No, you don't. You lose the benefit of the normal class ability at the indicated level, but can still get the benefit from another source later. Just like a wizard that loses his familiar to a variant can get a new one if he multiclasses into sorcerer or something.