PDA

View Full Version : Dragon lovers click here! "Dragon Heroes" webcomic is looking for fans!

filiecs
2008-12-14, 10:18 PM
There is a new webcomic with amazing artwork, and an awesome storyline. It is just lifting its wings and needs viewers. So for you dragon or adventure lovers it is just perfect for you. It is about three dragons, Mirrage, the crazy homeless wanderer, Fayllen, the computer maniac, and Stacey, the straightforward dragon girl (who becomes an agressive spitfire every time something pisses her off) + two 'pets', Stacey's not very clever 'dragondog' Keerio, and Mirrage's resourceful talking spider Zeero. It's funny and the author is very involved(even though she's a guinea pig). So i'd take a look at this website right now and tell me what you think. :smallbiggrin:
check it out at http://www.dragonheroes.net

Arioch
2008-12-15, 12:46 PM
Ooh, nice art!

The spelling is sometimes lacking, though, and the speech is stilted. What's the original language?

Mewtarthio
2008-12-15, 02:43 PM
I second that. The art is very good, but it appears that English is not your first language.

Radar
2008-12-15, 03:26 PM
Ooh, nice art!

The spelling is sometimes lacking, though, and the speech is stilted. What's the original language?
Judging by the site's language choice, it would be Czech.

On topic: looks promising, definately going to my bookmarks. I have a question tough: are all those chapters in archives allready written? Was it all avaliable as a comic book? I'm curious, because art looks really good and consistant, so it's definately not a beginners work. :smallsmile:

filiecs
2008-12-15, 08:22 PM
I'm glad you like it.:smallsmile: yes, it is translated from Czech and i've noticed it to but still it's really good and i love the art.

P.S. its not mine.
P.S.S and no the webcomic is new so she's just planning to write them.

Lissou
2008-12-15, 08:37 PM
I'm going to give it a quick look, but I'm arachnophobic and you said there is a talking spider in there, so if it isn't cute enough I won't be able to read the comic again.

(For spiders I've been able to bear in the past, look at DK's sports shoe-wearing, two-eyed spider. This one was okay, I could still play the game).

Mewtarthio
2008-12-15, 09:13 PM
(For spiders I've been able to bear in the past, look at DK's sports shoe-wearing, two-eyed spider. This one was okay, I could still play the game).

He's got two eyes and an essentially human personality. He's probably okay.

...Wait, DK has a spider?

Jayngfet
2008-12-15, 09:25 PM
I'm going to give it a quick look, but I'm arachnophobic and you said there is a talking spider in there, so if it isn't cute enough I won't be able to read the comic again.

You seem to suggest it's possible for spiders not ot be adorible.

Lissou
2008-12-15, 10:31 PM

In Donkey Kong Country 2 at leat, and maybe 3 as well, one of the animals is a spider.

Jayngfet> phobias aren't rational. Whether they're adorable or not isn't a factor. Whether they somehow look un-spidery (only 2 eyes, feet, stuff like that) is what does it. A very cute fuzzy one would be just as scary if it has 8 eyes and pointy legs.

Brr, anyways, it looks like it will be okay. The spider in the comic is also very small, which helps.

PhantomFox
2008-12-15, 11:37 PM

Meet Squitter the Spider, the web-spinning wonder from Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3:

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/f/f9/Squitter.jpg/200px-Squitter.jpg

pickleninja
2008-12-16, 10:27 AM
*waits for lissou to pass out*

Jayngfet
2008-12-16, 10:36 AM
Meet Squitter the Spider, the web-spinning wonder from Donkey Kong Country 2 and 3:

http://www.mariowiki.com/images/thumb/f/f9/Squitter.jpg/200px-Squitter.jpg

DAAAAAAAAAAW

*hugs*

Radar
2008-12-16, 01:41 PM
I'm glad you like it.:smallsmile: yes, it is translated from Czech and i've noticed it to but still it's really good and i love the art.

P.S. its not mine.
P.S.S and no the webcomic is new so she's just planning to write them.
If plot is writen so long ahead, then it's another good sign. About the art: have you seen her other comics (http://asheron.fanyart.com/comix.php?page=1) (put on hiatus)? Simply awesome. You should check her gallery (http://gallery.fanyart.com/gallery-en.php) too. :smallsmile:

filiecs
2008-12-16, 06:35 PM
I know,:smallsmile:it is so amazing that i ordered a button to advertise her awesome art and webcomic too.:smallbiggrin:

c'mon we need a new post or this thread will die.:smallfrown:

filiecs
2008-12-20, 06:55 PM
New comic is up on DH:smallbiggrin:

Radar
2008-12-21, 07:08 AM
New comic is up on DH:smallbiggrin:
And Zeero pulled off one heck of a stunt. :smallsmile:

Jayngfet
2008-12-21, 01:45 PM
That must have taken lots of co-ordination.

Tempest Fennac
2008-12-21, 02:27 PM
I just read through the archives. I agree about the language being mildly awkward-sounding, but I thought the comic was amusing, and I'm curious about what will happen next.

filiecs
2008-12-27, 05:29 PM
yay! New comic is up!:smallbiggrin:

filiecs
2009-01-04, 04:29 AM
...another one is up. Am i the only thing keeping this thread running?:smallconfused:

Tempest Fennac
2009-01-04, 03:14 PM
I can't honestly think of anything to say to be honest.:smallfrown: If I ever get any questions, I'll ask them here.

Radar
2009-01-04, 03:54 PM
...another one is up. Am i the only thing keeping this thread running?:smallconfused:
It's quite natural, that thread isn't lively yet. Comics has now 23 pages. It is not enough time to go through character introduction itself let alone some long-term plotlines. There isn't as yet much to discuss. Thus you should be patient - epileptic trees (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EpilepticTrees) will start to grow sooner or later. :smallwink:

filiecs
2009-01-24, 04:34 PM
Ok i'll wait but i will keep this thread running.
I'm a little bit worried about the last 3 updates though.:smalleek:

the HZ
2009-01-24, 05:03 PM
A good comic if you're a bit of a carnivore.

filiecs
2009-01-28, 08:44 PM
A good comic if you're a bit of a carnivore.
I'm a vegetarian, lol.:smallbiggrin: