PDA

View Full Version : The World Ends With You

cliffiepizza
2008-12-14, 11:27 PM
Hey, i was wondering if anyone could make a base class based on The World Ends With You's pin system, or if you can find one if you can please post it. i think that it could make an awesome casting system. thanks!

also, 3.5 would be best

m4x0r
2008-12-14, 11:54 PM
0_0 TWEWY? In my Specan're? =P

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 12:24 AM
I've actually gt the game. When I am done with my take on Fax's wonderful cartomancy school i'll probably take a swing at it

Xefas
2008-12-15, 12:55 AM
Perhaps something based on the Binding system? It has a few similarities to the Pin system in The World Ends With You.

You have a certain number of slots, based on level, to put Vestiges in, like Pin Slots in the game.

Some Vestige Abilities are passive, like the status effect pins, things like Psych Support, or the Eden Set.

Some Vestige Abilities are activated, and then take a certain number of rounds to reboot like the primary attack pins in the game.

cliffiepizza
2008-12-15, 10:05 AM
Perhaps something based on the Binding system? It has a few similarities to the Pin system in The World Ends With You.

You have a certain number of slots, based on level, to put Vestiges in, like Pin Slots in the game.

Some Vestige Abilities are passive, like the status effect pins, things like Psych Support, or the Eden Set.

Some Vestige Abilities are activated, and then take a certain number of rounds to reboot like the primary attack pins in the game.

Yeah, i guess so. its just not the same. each vestige gets more then one power. and you cant bind as many vestiges as pins. and you can change pins any time when youre out of battle.

Xefas
2008-12-15, 03:07 PM
I know, I'm merely saying that a new class and power set that is based on and balanced with Binding, but is more like The World Ends With You. Hell, once my final exams are over in a few days, I might take a crack at it. It doesn't sound too tough.

Innis Cabal
2008-12-15, 03:15 PM
It could work exactly in the respects of ToB really. No binder power's needed, its more like that anyway.

Level 1-9 "pins" split into distinct catagories. And just go from there. The base class itself would have to be more or less a factotum jack of all trades class though to make sense

cliffiepizza
2008-12-16, 08:37 PM
i was just thinking, a Shiki, Joshua, or Beat class would be cool too

Innis Cabal
2008-12-16, 08:48 PM
Going to replay it, will post when I can