PDA

View Full Version : Keyboard Repair

Timarvay
2008-12-15, 04:43 PM
So, my keyboard is acting funny. And I don't mean funny as in a comedian. When I type, I seem to be triggering the F1-F12 keys by pressing letter keys. In word processors, specifically Open Office, whenever I press "p", without shift, spell check pops up. In this web browser, it brings up a box asking if I want to turn on Caret Browsing, usually turned on or off with F7. Other keys seem to do this, like "a". Other keys seem to do other odd things, like moving this browser to full screen, but I haven't figured out what does what yet.

Any solutions besides a new keyboard?

RandomLogic
2008-12-15, 06:11 PM
First go into your hardware list and uninstall then keyboard, then restart the computer and let it go from there. Hopefully this helps. (let me know if you need more direction than that).

If that doesn't work, do you have a fancy keyboard that has macro capabilities?

Timarvay
2008-12-15, 07:43 PM
Where is this hardware list?

I'm not exactly tech-savvy, but my keyboard is wireless and shares a reciever-thingy with my mouse. I'm not sure if that is at all relevant.

RandomLogic
2008-12-15, 10:50 PM
It might be.

Go to control panel, system, there should be a hardware tab, click it and find the device manager, then find your keyboard, right click and uninstall the driver. Restart your computer and give it a bit and it should reinstall the driver automatically. Hopefully this will fix your problem.

Timarvay
2008-12-16, 08:47 PM
Thanks, that did the trick.

RandomLogic
2008-12-16, 10:50 PM
No problemo, it sounded like something that was happening to my friends computer. She would press the top row keys and get both the letter and number.