PDA

View Full Version : Question about Origin of PCs

Half-Orc Rage
2008-12-16, 07:42 PM
Due to the awesomeness of the strips lately, I recently both signed on for these message boards and bought the two prequel books. So I apologize if this question has been asked.

In the scene towards the end of Origin of PCs, where Roy is interviewing applicants, I recognized Drizzt, Gandalf and Frodo, and Buffy as people turning Roy down. Are there any other characters I'm missing here? A couple look like they might be from another fantasy/ superhero kind of story, but I'm not sure.

busterswd
2008-12-16, 07:48 PM
Due to the awesomeness of the strips lately, I recently both signed on for these message boards and bought the two prequel books. So I apologize if this question has been asked.

In the scene towards the end of Origin of PCs, where Roy is interviewing applicants, I recognized Drizzt, Gandalf and Frodo, and Buffy as people turning Roy down. Are there any other characters I'm missing here? A couple look like they might be from another fantasy/ superhero kind of story, but I'm not sure.

Dante from Devil May Cry

Other than that, not sure.

Istari
2008-12-16, 08:26 PM
The psion from "The Little Psion that Could"

teratorn
2008-12-16, 08:40 PM

Of course it has. :smallwink: The guy two panels before Buffy is Elric of Melniboné. That sword fits Stormbringer to perfection.

Zevox
2008-12-16, 08:48 PM
The psion from "The Little Psion that Could"
...that's just a generic Psion, based on the artwork from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Zevox

Surfing HalfOrc
2008-12-16, 08:52 PM
Elric of Melniboné is the albino holding the rune covered sword

I think the knight is someone, but I can't figure out who...

David Argall
2008-12-16, 09:37 PM
#7 is featured in the comic here
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0049.html

#4 may be from LOTR, but is a bit generic to be definite.

We did have a thread on the subject some time back, but never identified all of them.

Euron
2008-12-17, 12:13 PM
Call me crazy, but #23 looks like the Cleric (hair, goatee, cloak, slightly different mace)!

Also, I think #4 is meant to be Legolas, but hard to say.

Nevitan
2008-12-17, 02:43 PM
Dante from Devil May Cry

:smallconfused: which panel is he in?

Istari
2008-12-17, 03:55 PM
...that's just a generic Psion, based on the artwork from the Expanded Psionics Handbook.

Zevox

we don't like your logicy types here :smallwink:

Half-Orc Rage
2008-12-19, 11:42 PM
Hmm, well thanks for the replies. I did notice Elric but forgot to mention him, had no idea about Devil May Cry. The problem with Legolas is that the elf archer is such a staple of rpgs, it's like saying a dwarf with an axe must be Gimli.

Never even heard of "The Little Psion that Could." Doesn't come up on Google either.

Zevox
2008-12-19, 11:54 PM
Never even heard of "The Little Psion that Could." Doesn't come up on Google either.
He was referring to a gag in this comic (http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0494.html).

Zevox