PDA

View Full Version : Am I the only one worried?

DrakebloodIV
2008-12-17, 01:14 AM
I'm not entirely sure if this is the correct section of the forum to put this on, but here goes. I'm seriously worried about Rich and this mysterious ailment that he has. Just look at his comic update history: He alternates between few comics far between and flurries of near-daily posts in order to catch up with his 'buffer'. I'm worried sick about Mr.B and weather Oots will survive if he is so seriously diseased that he needs a substitute artist. :smallannoyed: Rich, get better or no cookies.

Liwen
2008-12-17, 01:17 AM
Now everyone must be worried to some extend, myself included, but you can't just go out and ask him to get better. That's stricly out of his control.

Blame the doctors instead. :smallwink:

DrakebloodIV
2008-12-17, 01:23 AM
I know he can't magically get better (cause he has really crappy ranks in Heal) but it would be really nice to know that he has plans in case of his incapacitation/death. Even better would be to have him say 'relax man, it aint as serious as you think' but if it's preventing him from writing comics, it must cause exhaustion or loss of hand dexterity. Both of those are usually considered pretty serious in the medical world.

YeahThatGuy
2008-12-17, 01:25 AM
Regardless of his problems, I'm pretty sure Rich Burlew is a big boy and can take care of himself.

If not, his wife can.

Liwen
2008-12-17, 01:39 AM
Drakeblood, the way you are expressing yourself makes me wonder if the ensured continuity of the comic is more important to you than the fact that Rich is okay. ^^

Insert zeolot tone here : :miko: You selffish litlle ?*&$&? How dare you consider the life of a man less important that you're own amusement. I shall smite you with the holyiest of powers in my possesion.

"cast ghost sound"

Darn it! I'm dead.

DrakebloodIV
2008-12-17, 01:48 AM
Somehow I knew that people would assume I care more for the comic than Rich. I wish there was some way I could just magically prove that I care 'bout him, but there is no way to do that over a forum. Its just Rich has never said anything more specific than 'I have a bad disease'. For all we know he could have cancer, or AIDs, or Combustion Flu.

Liwen
2008-12-17, 01:58 AM
He said it was no-fatal. Can't find where but check in the news archive, should be there somewhere.

I don't worry, I was playing silly on the "you care more about the comic than Rich" part :smalltongue:

David Argall
2008-12-17, 02:29 AM
Writers of web comics are notorious for erratic update schedules. It is simply one of the things we put up with for the bargain price. Our writer has managed an average of 2 a week for a year now, while varying from next day to next week. [History warning: He has often taken a week or two off over the holidays.] We can't escape the worry that any delay will turn out to be a very long one, but so far we have no reason to consider that a great danger.

EyethatBinds
2008-12-17, 05:57 AM
This comic updates way faster than some of the others I read. True the art doesn't take near as long for this one but I've been testing how long it takes to reproduce a comic in Illustrator. So far I've managed making it look about right in less than four hours but that's not including thinking of it, making the layout, and so on.

Rich's job is still only about twenty hours of work a week at most, but he's managed to earn my respect for not flaking out even with his mystery disease.

DeviledEggs
2008-12-17, 09:43 AM
Was it ever revealed what he got?

Hydro Globus
2008-12-17, 09:43 AM
He said it was no-fatal. Can't find where but check in the news archive, should be there somewhere.

I don't worry, I was playing silly on the "you care more about the comic than Rich" part :smalltongue:

Sure you were, you had a :miko: in your post :)

SoD
2008-12-17, 05:41 PM
I know he can't magically get better (cause he has really crappy ranks in Heal) but it would be really nice to know that he has plans in case of his incapacitation/death.

Well, for a start, putting ranks in heal doesn't actually give you the ability to heal HP, except in some specific circumstances (I think there's a skill trick, possibly a feat as well?).[/ruleslawyering] :smalltongue:

Was it ever revealed what he got?

No. He doesn't like talking about it much. I think the Rich/Sickness threads ussually get locked as well.

Ridureyu
2008-12-17, 05:45 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/01/final-fantasy-potion-to-restore-your-own-hit-points/

Would sending him these help?

Setra
2008-12-17, 05:53 PM
http://www.joystiq.com/2005/12/01/final-fantasy-potion-to-restore-your-own-hit-points/

Would sending him these help?
I laughed :smallbiggrin: