PDA

View Full Version : The One Artifact

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-17, 02:06 PM
A werewolf game for six/seven players.

2 Wolves win if they make up half the town.

Town: Win if they get rid of the wolves.

2 Seers - If they have the artifact, they can scry.

1/2 Baner- If they have the artifact, they can bane.

Artifact Townie- Starts with the artifact.

The artifact can be exchanged any time during the day.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-22, 11:39 AM
Not a bump.

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-22, 12:06 PM
Ill try it

Selrahc
2008-12-22, 12:56 PM
Yeah okay. I'm in.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-22, 12:58 PM
In!

Now I actually know something about an EDK game!

Recaiden
2008-12-22, 02:41 PM
Sure. I'm in.

Saint Nil
2008-12-22, 04:52 PM
In. With white text

hap_hazard
2008-12-22, 08:38 PM
I'll join.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-23, 03:24 AM
Definitely in.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-23, 05:20 AM
The Artifact was missing! In its place a note, a note that read. "Wolves are in our midsts. I have taen it for safekeeping."

Day Begins

Hap Hazard
Jontom Xire
Recaiden
Saint Nil
Selrahc
Thisisinverted
Tired n Drowzy

Jontom Xire
2008-12-23, 05:42 AM
So, we have 2 wolves, 2 seers, 2 baners, and one townie.

I just did a big tactics analysis, but then stopped because I realised it made me a target for the wolves. Dagnabbit!

I think we're stuck with basic analysis. We can't rely on either seers or baners.

EDK, if the person holding the artifact dies, what happens to the artifact?

So, to get the voting moving so I have something to analyse, I point at Recaiden.

He has a Murska-like habit of giving me a gut feeling that he's a wolf. Depending on how the votes go I'll probably change my vote later. We can't really afford too many incorrect lynches, so I'm going to play this one very fluidly, changing my vote often if I think it's the right thing to do.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-23, 06:00 AM
Its destroyed.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-23, 06:46 AM
Ouch.

So if the townie gives it to a wolf then asks for it back and the wolf refuses then we (via the townie) will know they're a wolf, but when we lynch the wolf the artifact is gone for good. So basically giving it to a wolf is very very bad.

Yet, without the artifact the seer cannot scry anyone so the townie won't know who he can safely give the artifact to! And if he doesn't give it to anyone then the seers and baners cannot use their ability.

Ouch.

And the townie has a 1 in 3 chance of giving the artifact to a wolf.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-23, 10:29 AM
Yep.

And even with a seer claim, it would be risky, since they would just die that night anyway.

Do we have to publicly give the artifact, or can we do it privately?

If we can do it privately, my plan would be for the artifact holder to claim. They are clear. They can then take claims from everyone and make their best guess. If they get lucky, whoever has the artifact can use it wisely. If it's a seer, they can PM the report, and the artifact-townie can post it if they are still alive the next day.

This is gonna be hard, though.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-23, 10:31 AM
Privately.

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-23, 11:08 AM
Because I haven't thought of any way to be strategical about this....
You are the Artifact Townie

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-23, 03:29 PM
Three PMs so far

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-23, 10:52 PM
common guys, I have 2 banners and a seer claim so far

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-24, 06:57 AM
Based on what I've gotten Jontom Xire

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-25, 04:59 AM
Recaiden was the first accused of being a traitor and no other claims were louder than it. He rushed out of the halls but slipped on his robe. He dropped and smashed his artifact activated crystal ball. He then said a very funny joke before dying of a heart attack.

Recaiden was lynched. He was a seer.

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-25, 09:24 AM
Based on what I've gotten Jontom Xire
So is nobody here?

Selrahc
2008-12-25, 02:31 PM
I'm here now.... Um, a little too late to get JX lynched. Sorry.

I blame that Christmas thing.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-25, 11:45 PM
But... Recaiden didn't even get a vote...

Selrahc
2008-12-26, 05:20 AM
Yeah he did. First post of the day by JX was a point at Recaiden.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-27, 04:47 AM
In my own defence, it was first post of the day and not meant to be final.

I guess Christmas just got in the way of any sort of discussion.

Detrev, why do you suspect me? I did send you my role PM, right? I certainly meant to. Care to share any other insights from the info you got?

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-27, 05:49 AM
I posted saying that I had one seer claim, when I had already gotten two. You sent in that you were a seer soon after. AND I had seen you online at least one other time when I had the collecting started

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-27, 08:26 AM
Det looked at all of you and his eyes turned red, and his face turned blue. "The wolves are..."
"Yes, who are they?" Said a voice quickly butting in.
"Let me finish." Said Det. "The wolves are..."
"Yes, let him finish." Came another voice.
"The wolves are..."
"You weren't letting him finish." Said a voice, that belonged to the first voice.
"You wanna fight." Came a voice that dounded similar to the second voice.
"Now Det, who are the wolves?" Said a voice that didn't belong to the other two.

Det was killed. He was the AT.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-28, 07:00 AM
I posted saying that I had one seer claim, when I had already gotten two. You sent in that you were a seer soon after. AND I had seen you online at least one other time when I had the collecting started

I'm almost permanently online at work. I refresh the forum listing every 30 minutes or so, depending on how busy I am, but don't always respond to every new post in the threads I monitor, again, depending on how busy I am.

So I guess a wolf got to claiming to be a seer before I got around to PMint my role to Detrevnishthit.

I point at Tired 'n' Drowzy as it was his post that suggested that the Artifact Townie come forward, and now Detrevniti**** is dead. In fact his strategy is majorly flawed. He stated that the AT should "take claims from everyone" and since the wolves can co-ordinate, they can easily have one pretend to be a seer and one a baner so that the AT has three PMs claiming to be a baner and three claiming to be a seer and is essentially no better off than previously. Meanwhile the wolves know the AT which forces him to pass the artifact at random or risk it being destroyed.

So basically TnD's suggestion was a step back for the villagers. It might have been an honest mistake, or it might have been a cunning wolfly plan.

Also we need to lynch a wolf today or they win (currently 2 wolves out of 5 players -> lynch non-wolf = win for wolves immediately).

Selrahc
2008-12-28, 08:10 AM
I don't know, Jontom Xire could be right about Tired and Drowzee., and I need to post or get autolynched.

I'm not really sold on this though. Tired and Drowzee, you might want to convince me to go after someone else.

hap_hazard
2008-12-28, 08:53 AM
Tired N' Drowzy.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-30, 08:30 AM
Tired n Drowzy held up the artifact to defend himself. "Look I have the artifact. Surely if the wolves have it, they would have scarpered. Ran off. Went to the sky. Baked a pizza pie."
"Or, they'd stay to kill us."

Tired n Drowzy was lynched. He was a Seer. He had the artifact.

Emperor Demonking
2008-12-30, 08:31 AM
Jontom Xire and Selrahc won.

detrevnisisiht
2008-12-30, 10:22 AM
/sigh....
even when I do find someone, the sheep get lead away.

Jontom Xire
2008-12-31, 03:29 AM
I think that's mostly because they were inactive. Recaiden was lynched on one vote only because no-one else pointed, and there was only one other active vote on day two, which simply followed my lead.

Otherwise us wolves would have had a very hard time of it. The artifact villager coming out is immensely powerful. The wolves cannot pretend to be the artifact villager. Then the artifact villager can relatively easily identify all wolves, although your reasoning as to why I was a wolf was mostly off, Detrev. There may have been a slight delay while I co-ordinated my fake role with Selrahc, but there could have been other reasons for that delay, or I could simply not have delayed at all.

I'd like to say "good game" but with so much inactivity, it wasn't much of a challenge.

Murska
2008-12-31, 08:04 AM
Hey, at least I knew exactly who the wolves were after I saw the second day points.

Didn't take much. Inactivity sucks. :smallsigh:

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-31, 02:46 PM
So... Due to the fact that I went away on the holidays... I get lynched.

Why didn't the game delay? It is the time when everyone tends to go away...

I scried Saint Nill and found he was a baner... But...

Saint Nil
2008-12-31, 02:49 PM
Then why didn't you PM me? We could have started a network.

Wreckingrocc
2008-12-31, 04:51 PM
Because I was away...