View Single Post

Thread: Am I about to kill my players? (4e)

1. - Top - End - #4
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: Am I about to kill my players? (4e)

Quote Originally Posted by Oracle_Hunter View Post
    Also: unless you plan to serve them poisoned nachos, I think your Players will survive the session just fine
    No, but thanks for the nachos idea. The non poisoned variety should be a good snack.
    - Unless your Sorcerer has Resistance Piercing, he's screwed. The Aspect has Resist 15 Acid/Fire/Cold/Lightning/Poison - pretty much every element the Sorcerer is going to be using, I'd imagine. This will not be a fun fight for him. Your Warden may be moderately gimped as well
    Well, he bypasses 10 of the resistance to cold and fire, and I use the rule that channeling powers through a weapon such as a frost weapon adds the, in this case, cold descriptor to the power. Otherwise, yeah, I wouldn't have considered the aspect just because of the resistances and that the sorcerer would feel kind of useless.

Without knowing more about your group (in particular the capabilities of the Necromancer) I'd suggest against using the Aspect of Tiamat and go instead with something else. A well-planned Encounter can be just as exciting - if not more so - than simply whaling on a big beastie.
    Okay, any suggestions?

EDIT: I also have the monster builder. So, I can use anything in there, or just make something of my own if the playground has any suggestions for either.
    Last edited by Mystic Muse; 2011-01-01 at 02:54 PM.