Quote Originally Posted by Lix Lorn View Post
The quote seems to imply resurrection like abilities, but they don't get any. Maybe you could give them Raise Dead added to their class spell list? Those who take life can also give it.
Necromancers can already sort of raise the dead.
9th level spell called Stasis Clone. Incredibly slow, but still able to raise the dead.
Quote Originally Posted by Kuma Kode View Post
I don't really have much to add other than that I like it and would play it as-is.

If you want to change Granted of the Mind and Body, you could do some more with the word "Grey", like Scholar of the Grey.

[NOTE] I am bad at naming things. [/NOTE]
I'm bad at naming things when I run out of ways to re-use the same word.
Quote Originally Posted by Salbazier View Post
If only all homebrew have illustration as good as this one...

Never interested in raising undead army but its alwasy nice to see some extra stuff for debuffing.
Yeah, deviantArt was good this time.
Quote Originally Posted by Dencero View Post
I love any kind of rule or new class that involves necromancy. Don't know why, but it just fascinates me. I personally prefer animation over debuffs, but this does it in just the right way that I love it. The first thing that caught my eye was the picture (Now my desktop :P) The second thing that really got me was the studies. Gives some new bite to reason to those low level spells and new bark to the higher ones.

What I would like to see are more spells listed under the studies, but still balanced. Maybe if it was stretched over 10 levels, it would be easier to balance, I don't know. It's your call.

All in all, I like this and hope to use it at one point, either as a PC or as an NPC my players face.

Keep up the good work.
The problem with having studies for higher levels spells is that... well....
How do I make them better, but still powerful? Necromancy gets scary at high levels.
Quote Originally Posted by JKTrickster View Post
I agree that adding some Cleric spells into the mix isn't too bad of an idea. If you don't think all of them fit, you could simply limit the options available by forcing a choice between some of them.

After all their fluff is "Grey" and based on raw manipulation of life force so their methods should be much more varied than the traditional Necromancer.
Nice argument. Will think about how to go about this.