Quote Originally Posted by Keinnicht View Post
I like it. Are these going to function on a Tome of Battle type maneuver system, or a x-per-day spell-like system?

If you're not going to use the ToB system, I think a point-based system like the kind psionics uses makes sense. It makes sense a mythical warrior type could do either a few earth-shaking attacks a day (Burning points to use high-level strategies) or he could just constantly be doing flashy but not as destructive things (Constantly using low level strategies)
Well, I really don't know how they would function. They would probably need to function in some sort of limbo between a maneuvers and x/day system. The ideas I had both revolved around something I read in the Heroes of Battle book, and I'm not sure I particularly like that approach anymore. In many ways it makes sense and seems fun, but its also needlessly complicated in other ways. Basically, the Fighter would be rewarded with points of some kind and amount for being tactically minded, doing things like Assisting Friendly Units, Seizing an Offensive Position, or Destroying Enemy Weapons, etc. Stuff like that anyway. The points rewarded in this way would then be spent to utilize the Strategies listed above. I dunno. Like I said, I'm not so crazy about the thought.

I'm hoping to get more ideas from the community. They definitely aren't things that should be used willy-nilly, at least not when they're first obtained, but, in my opinion, no Fighter should have a "Strategy Slots per Day" system either.