1. - Top - End - #9
    Firbolg in the Playground

Default Re: Let's Play! Master of Orion II - Of Klackons and Gnolams

My 8-Player Impossible win was with a Winterwind-type. Feudal, Warlord, Telepathic, and as many combat bonuses as I could fit. Advanced start. I remember that I managed to take out two of my immediate neighbours right away, and that give me a solid hunk of worlds and resources to work with. Bunkered down for a bit, built up my forces, and managed to scrape together a victory.

I don't recommend making this LP an 8-Player Impossible though.

Quote Originally Posted by Irbis View Post
    Actually, to me, spying was the most overrated, boring and giving the least returns part of the game. Even when I made spy civilization making almost nothing but spies returns were pretty slim...
    That was my experience too. In MoO1 I'd win as Darloks with a diplomatic victory just for lulz, but in MoO2 I found spying worthless. I always thought I was just missing some essential part of the mechanism, but maybe not.

IMO diplomacy in general became a bit easier between the two though, and I generally refuse diplomatic victories just on principal. I tend to get them when I'm not even looking for them, and often right as I gear up to take out Antares.
    Last edited by sonofzeal; 2011-02-01 at 07:46 PM.

Zeal's Tier System for PrC's
    Zeal's Expanded Alignment System
    Zeal's "Creative" Build Requests
    Bubs the Commoner
    Zeal's "Minimum-Intervention" balance fix
    Feat Point System fix (in progress)

Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by JadePhoenix View Post
    sonofzeal, you're like a megazord of awesome and win.
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    SonOfZeal, it is a great joy to see that your Kung-Fu remains undiminished in this, the twilight of an age. May the Great Wheel be kind to you, planeswalker.