Quote Originally Posted by radmelon View Post
If you're having trouble with bird names, rememer that a "!" often denotes a clicking sound when writing out words phonetically.
Indeed, it does denote a click or clucking sound, but a lot of the other sounds that avians make that I'm not sure how to represent with english characters. So, I think I'll stick with the names above.

Quote Originally Posted by Nopraptor View Post
in the physical description you wrote stremlined instead of streamlined

Besides that this race is made of pure win!
they would make great aquatic sorcerers too (next char I make will be of this race)
Ooops, fixed.

Thanks! If you do end up playing one, feel free to drop me a line telling me how it went!

Quote Originally Posted by Mulletmanalive View Post
I'm not sure why you picked it so i can't comment, i'm just going to highlight the biology:

Penguins are one of the most communally minded species that have true individuality [most other species like ants and naked mole rats are pheromone driven hives]; the males actually take it in turns to rotate from the warm centre of the flock to the edges, heck, the inside ones actually make the move rather than the outer 'guins pushing in.

Hence, they seem like they would have a more lawful bent though possible only amongst themselves.
That's emperor penguins. The tawaki these are based off of are Fiordland Penguins (Also known as tawaki), a breed of penguin from new zealand. They're significantly less social then the antarctic sort.