View Single Post

Thread: Community Based Monster Classes VI

1. - Top - End - #489
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes VI

Quote Originally Posted by DiBastet View Post
    Well, what can I say. First, I should say that we agree with many things Pathfinder, including the ECL = CR thing. They changed for the better many creatures, and many spells aren't so ubber now, and yada yada you all are designers and already know. So I made, basicaly, 3 little alterations on this Nymph here, 1 to make the class give all the attribute bonuses of the PF nymph, since players insist that the monster classes should give the attributes equal to the monters in the book (if the monsters aren't pathfinder we remake using the guides from the Bestiary -the ragewalker lost almost 10 excess CHA!); 2 to give the muse-like ability to inspire bards; and 3 one thing we believe: That if an iconic ability is given too "late" on the monster carreer he sould gain a weaker or very weaker version before. In the end this became that she gained a weaker stunning glance (dazing glance) at lower levels and just gained a weaker blinding beauty (fascinating beauty) at level 4.
    It should be stressed that while whatever a group decides to do to a monster is fine, that one of the big parts of this project is doing away with huge attribute bonuses that many monsters have, as they can lead to problems. Be sure to read through the first few posts of this thread, particularly the Homebrew Guidelines bit.

PS2: Would a re-work on the nymph be possible by me (actually, post as a re-work the things I already fixed and am using)?
    I think before we have you commit to any further classes, we should see how you do with the Ragewalker.

Thanks for sharing.
    Last edited by Hyudra; 2011-02-14 at 12:25 PM.