Once More, With Spirit
"I know I am deathless. No doubt I have died myself ten thousand times before. I laugh at what you call dissolution, and I know the amplitude of time." - Walt Whitman
Death, the great leveler, destroyer of worlds. Such is he called, and he is, in time, called to all things. Yet some, the ever-burning phoenix chief amongst their number, resist his siren call again and again. Who knows what else walks the edge 'twixt mortality and unending life...
_/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/ _/
The contest begins with the posting of this thread and will continue until the 20th of March.
Soon after a poll will be opened for everyone to vote for their favorite that will last until midnight of the last day of the month.
1. You will be creating an original D&D creature. A creature who, in some way, lives beyond death. Such a "life" may be a form of reincarnation, sentient undeath, some spiritual energy, a transformation, or anything else you can dream up. All that is required is that the creature return, in some manner or form, once death has come to them. Let your imagination go wild.
2. The entry must include name, complete stat-block, physical description, basic background information, and detailed combat behavior if any. A plot hook or similar in addition is optional but encouraged. Incomplete entries will be disqualified upon the deadline.
3. Entries must be 3.5 edition, using the standard format listed below (not that new one seen in the Monster Manual IV-V, except for a lore section which is encouraged).
4. Post all entries on this thread. Do not post conversation here. Any and All Comments and discussions will take place on a separate thread here (this is a link).
5. One entry per participant. No double-teaming.
6. Entries copied from some other source (splatbook, alternate website, etc) will be disqualified. All entries must be a new creation, not one already posted. Adding class levels to an already published or posted creature does not count as a new monster. Nor does adding templates. There must be an original base creature devoid of any template added on as the actual entry. Samples of the original base creature with a template may be posted in 'addition' but will not be judged.
7. No reserving posts. Feel free to post a creature and tweak it, but you have to have the basic beast already done.
8. Please state if you do not want critiques, otherwise other participants will likely give a rundown of your build in the chat thread.
Banners forthcoming. I'm swamped with graphics work for my midterms already.