View Single Post

Thread: Community Based Monster Classes VI

1. - Top - End - #1155
    Bugbear in the Playground

Daemon

Default Re: Community Based Monster Classes VI

Quote Originally Posted by Hyudra View Post
    Re: Feral Creature, I'm kind of annoyed that, when I discussed the subject of being interested in doing that very creature with Gorgon a week and a half ago, we agreed it wasn't in urgent demand of an remake. Then, in a relatively short span of time when I'm unable to reply, someone else asks, gets permission from Gorgon & posts said creature.

On the subject of the monster itself, max level should = CR. This is covered in the guide & the FAQ. There's no reason for the Feral creature to be different (and the old Feral creature was on target with 4 levels). I won't get into more depth because that's unfair to the people who actually followed instructions and are awaiting critiques.
    I understand that you're angry because you were considering reworking it yourself. I only wrote it up and posted it because I failed to see it on the list, I admitted this when I saw it on the list and that I made a mistake, and I posted it because I was curious and wanted to get it out of my systems, only after asking the original poster and asking in the thread if this was a breach of etiquette. I have admitted the mistake involved, I don't want to offend anyone, but I didn't know you were considering it and I apologize if I have caused offense.

Regarding its level, the FAQ and guidelines are not clear regarding templates with variable CR, which Feral Creature explicitly has. I did not violate the design guidelines, I interpreted them as best I could: I gave it the low-end CR adjustment and then gave it abilities that unlock over time. I do not believe I violated the rules or guidelines, but I am sorry that I posted a creature that you had been hoping to discuss revising. I can take it back down if you think this is a problem.
    Last edited by Benly; 2011-03-04 at 08:49 PM.