View Single Post

Thread: 20 New Warlock Utility Invocations [3.5]

1. - Top - End - #7
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: 20 New Warlock Utility Invocations [3.5]

Quote Originally Posted by Re'ozul View Post
    One way you could do it that I find intriguing:

- Give two options for base creatures one for good warlocks and one for evil ones.
    - Apply the Maurid template to it, homebrewed to make the Warlock the id-core.
    - The creature is an echo of the warlocks self. It wears the same equipment as the warlock but all effects are only half as strong (+2 chainmail, becomes a +1 chainmail with a base 2 armor bonus).
    - The creature advances in hitdie based on the warlocks caster-level.
    - Every time it reforms it gains access to one invocation of the each level of invocation the warlock can cast except the highest. It can use these invocation 1/minute each.
    - At level 12 it gains the fiendish/celestial creature template free of charge.
    - At level 17 the warlocks power has reached a level that allows his echo to reach greater power converting it into a Vrock/???

If taken, this invocation always occupies one slot of the highest level of invocation the warlock can use.
    The reason I am powering up the invocation is because the 24hour downtime for reformation can very much cripple its utility function.

Yes, this makes it more of a power invocation(though I haven't done calculations how the template works in tandem with innate abilities).
    Originally I just wanted to suggest giving the quasit a template at level 12 but then I kept writing.
    That seems more like an entirely separate idea, though a pretty cool one.

I was leaning more towards something like a half-fiend satyr or ogre, possibly even a choice between the two depending if you want a sneaky ally or a bruiser, at 10th level.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-03-23 at 11:00 AM.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.