View Single Post

Thread: 20 New Warlock Utility Invocations [3.5]

1. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

RedKnightGirl

Default Re: 20 New Warlock Utility Invocations [3.5]

OK, I've made some changes.

The stat-enhancers now all start at +2, then gain +2 per 6 caster levels. That does mean that they're +8 at 18th level, but they're two levels away from epic anyway at that point and full casters are throwing around Time Stop and Gate, so I don't think it's going to break anyone's game. I also added a secondary minor benefit to each one that reflects the demon it's named after, both to make it a better choice at 1st level (when +2 to one stat is decidedly inferior to other Least invocations) and to give people a reason to take these when they could just buy a stat-boosting item. All of the benefits are defensive, utility, or mobility based, too, to avoid their abuse.

I added the half-fiend option to Servant of the Damned at 11th level.

I overhauled Enslave the Planes to be a one-stop planar survival invocation. While it is still highly situational, I figure people will know whether their campaign will have a lot of planar travel most of the time. Plus, at least it's now a lot stronger in that one situation.
    Last edited by SPoD; 2011-03-24 at 05:55 AM.
    Congratulations, you can link to TV Tropes. This does not mean you have special insight into the storytelling process, much less the author's mind. Stories don't need to fit into neat boxes, you know.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Giant View Post
    Spod has it right.
    Quote Originally Posted by Grasilich View Post
    You not reading the comic isn't going to make this comic any less awesome for all the rest of us.