OK then, first things first.

I like the idea of using combat styles, it was my logical first step in v.2 for OP anyway but I'm glad someone else said it first, I don't seem so cheesy now
So, the way I see it, these would fit into one of 3 categories. Essentially each category is tied to one of the 3 saves. There should be one for strength of body, which would be power attack, cleave, imp. sunder and the like, one for speed of body, which would likely be dodge, mobility, spring attack, and one for mental endurance, which would cause slightly more trouble for my addled mind to sort out on the fly.
Thing is I don't wanna just give them more feats, that's not the answer. So we look again at special abilities and the like....this will take me a little time!

Next thing is the spell-like Kata. I'm NOT using ToB if at all possible, nobody in my group uses it and most of them would like to avoid maneuvers like the plague. Combat takes long enough as it is (large group!).

I'll remove/change the kata uses/day thing as long as I can come up with another way of limiting them at least a little. The perform bit however, I really think should stay. There are plenty of martial arts performance troupes about the place, look some up and watch what they do. Acrobatics, choreographed combat (that is literally what a kata is), feats of seemingly super-human strength or stamina,... the list goes on and it's all applicable as a money-making performance. In fact it makes the most sense for them as a way of life outside of combat anyhow, they are charisma based characters after all.

I'm thinking of using the Dan level to control a lot of the abilities variable effects. It's a 0-5 value range which is kinda useful, and saves on otherwise abstract or arbitrary values. More coming once I've planned and thought on this...