View Single Post

Thread: [3.5]The Force Adept (Peach meh)

1. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [3.5]The Sith PEACH!!!

Alignment Restrictions: No LG or CE strikes me as random and a touch arbitrary. Might want to call the class "Force Adept" or something more generic because "Sith" carries with it a lot of assumed information. No idea why CE would be excluded either way. "The structure of the dark side" doesn't make much sense, and just isn't a thing. The Dark Side is about passion and emotion. The fluff descriptions in general seem to be a mix of the Sith race, Sith organization, and Sith as dark side users.

I wanted to make a sith, but it dwindled and dwindled until really only the name remained... changing.
    You also need to be more specific about what bonuses/whatnot carry over when you make a Light-longspear or Light-spiked chain.
    I did. I said its all the same save for things such as reach. Their already sorta considered small weapons, as its just a hilt until you activate them. But things like pull arms or spiked chains, whips. They could all make nice Light- things. Making trip attempts doesn't make much sense with a thing of energy. So asside from cool factor, Light-Scythes won't be very beneficial...
    Maneuvers: The discipline choices seem ok. Stone Dragon sticks out the most from a "sith" theme. Biggest concern? The recover mechanic. Might as well not have one. A free action 1/round? That means you are never, ever down a maneuver. You never need to make a choice as to what to use. Used a maneuver this round? Just recover it afterward. Need a different one? Switch it out for free. This is the best recover mechanic, like, ever.
    Well, there is one class that recovers ALL maneuvers as a swift action...
    Force Push will never have a reliably relevant DC.
    What?
    Leap is just kind of there. It's fine. Need to specify what type the bonus is.

Force Choke needs rewording. Do they get to hold their breath when this is happening?
    Wouldn't make much sense. Its not like they exactly can. Your blocking airways from affar. there isn't really much warning.
    Warp's wording needs fixing. Half the movement is a teleport? That doesn't mean anything. What, specifically, can they do with this, what is avoided, what can still happen to them, etc.

Walls is cool enough. Though, the way its worded, you could end on the ceiling, assuming its not a sloped ceiling.
    Its worded pretty much the same as ":up the Walls" only an ass of a player would try to end their turn on a ceiling ingame.

Force Lightning is... whuh? When does the lightning affect them? Just... using force push on them? When they fail related saves? Because doing 18d8 Lightning + 18d8 Force damage (which is how this functions the way it's currently worded) with no save (or even with a save) is nothing to sneeze at.
    Ye. but by that level a wizard could have equally potent effects or what not.

edit. damn, I really screwed up the Quotes.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-05-27 at 01:50 PM.

My Homebrew