View Single Post

Thread: [3.5]The Scallywag (peach?)

1. - Top - End - #19
    Ogre in the Playground

OldWizardGuy

Default Re: [3.5]The Scallywag (peach?)

Quote Originally Posted by Cipherthe3vil View Post
    "Dodge bonus" I'm pretty sure theres only one such thing, Dodge in your AC.
    Then simply say it is such. "You gain a dodge bonus to your AC. The bonus is whatever at level X, whatever+ at level Y... etc."

Skill, it says right there the bonuses go to skills.
    Then what does "Scallywags are skilled, they gain the following bonuses to add where they choose as long as its a class feature." mean? You're now saying those bonuses are to 4 skills of the player's choose, but that is something very different. Be more precise in your language, because, right now, it is rather staggered and unprofessional.

Booty Call: Its not a "bump" exactly, its a twenty level progression.
    Parry and improbable are 10 level progressions.
    the others are five level progressions.
    Booty Call exists as a 1st and 20th level ability. I called it a "bump," because the base ability is "bumped" up at level 20. The rest of the progressions are obvious if uninspiring and just sort of there.

EDIT: Honestly, this is a hodgepodge of random abilities and feats with no real focus or design. It gains a skirmish like ability, but gains locked in feats. It has parry, about the only thing unique to the class itself, but something easily replicated via a number of different maneuvers. When I look at this class, I honestly feel it would simply be easier to roll up a Swashbuckler instead for that sort of character archetype simply because it lacks, well, anything that sticks out as a defining feature.
    Last edited by Thrice Dead Cat; 2011-05-31 at 12:33 AM.
    Spoiler
    Show
    Quote Originally Posted by Wings of Peace View Post
    "See these cookies? Note how while good they taste sort of bland. Now try these, they're the same cookies but with chocolate chips added. Notice how with the second batch we expended slightly more ingredients but dramatically enhanced the flavor? That's metamagic."
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Roc View Post
    Seriously, can we kill this misconception now? A wizard is never late, nor is he early. He shops for precisely what he means to.

Winner of Junkyard Wars 31.