PEACHes incoming. I'll do this class by class, running down the list.

Quote Originally Posted by unosarta View Post
*snip'd fluff and picture*
Got to say, I'm a fan of this. Normally, I'm not a big fan of fluff for homebrew stuff, but I'm a fan of that quote. From a random person, it may sound a bit self-righteous, but, for a Paladin, it works.

Sacred Bulwark [Paladin]
The paladin sacrifices their connection to the heavens, and instead becomes able to protect his mortal connections, his mortal companions. He gains a celestial shield, and is able to use it to defend his allies.
Replaces: Special Mount
Benefits: The Paladin may summon a shield a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom or Charisma modifier (whichever is higher). While the shield is in existence, the Paladin gains an Insight bonus to Armor Class equal to his Wisdom or Charisma modifier (whichever is higher). The shield is summoned as a free action at any time, and lasts for one hour, or until dismissed. The shield deals damage on a shield bash as if it were a weapon two size categories larger than it really is. The shield has an enhancement bonus equal to one half of the Paladinís Paladin levels, rounded up, the functional bonus not rising above +5. The Paladin may allocate any number of these bonuses to special abilities, as noted on the table below. He must choose which special abilities upon summoning the shield, and may not change them unless he summons the shield again. The ability is supernatural, but the shield itself is not, and persists in Antimagic Fields, and cannot be dispelled. When the enhancement bonus from the shield reaches +11, it is no longer capped at +5 effective enhancement bonus.

Spoiler
Show
{table=head]Level Available|Special Ability

|Bashing

|Light Fortification

|Arrow Catching

|Blinding

|Holy

|Spell Resistance (15)

|Arrow Deflection

|Animated

|Ghost Touch

|Moderate Fortification

|Improved Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire/Sonic Resistance

|Spell Resistance 20

|Reflecting

|Heavy Fortification

|Spell Resistance (25)

|Greater Acid/Cold/Electricity/Fire/Sonic Resistance[/table]
Minor nitpick, but you should mention the level you decide when to grab the ACF. Most of the time it's unnecessary, but it's the form that the actual books use, and, to be fair, it's a good form for things like Dungeoncrashing fighter and others.

As for the ability itself, the dual stat you have set-up probably should have language such as "When you gain this alternate class feature, choose either Wisdom or Charisma to determine which stat determines the number of uses per day and the insight bonus it grants to Armor Class." It's an odd case, but it does make it easier in the case where a Paladin with 14 Wisdom, 16 Charisma gets an Owl's Wisdom spell and suddenly finds himself with an extra use at the end of the day... or start or just whatever.

It's also odd in that your language makes it sound like a physical, literal shield with it being able to shield bash and the like, but its bonus is both an insight bonus to AC rather than a shield bonus and said bonus exists as long as the shield does, meaning that a Paladin could summon it, strap it to his back, and forget about it for the rest of the hour. This is silly and probably an oversight. That said, the insight bonus is better, because it allows a Paladin to go sword and board (or, really, just board) and still have a buckler for the shield bonus.

For the rest of it, you make it sound like the enhancement bonus is to attacks and damage, due to the special qualities listed, but also make it sound like those same enhancements could go towards shield AC (again, due to the qualities). As such, I would reword it to say:

"When a Paladin calls the shield it has a total of one-half the Paladin's class level in enhancement bonuses to spread the special qualities, an offensive enhancement, and an defensive enhancement. Points spent on the offensive enhancement treat the shield as being a magical weapon of the same amount of points invested into it. Defensive points further increase the AC granted by the shield, giving an extra +1 to Insight bonus to AC per point invested into the defensive enhancement. Thus, a level 8 Paladin with a 16 Wisdom and 12 Charisma who uses three of his points in the offensive enhancement and one point for the defensive enhancement would treat the shield as a +3 weapon, meaning he would gain an extra +3 to-hit and damage and gain a +4 Insight bonus to Armor Class rather than the normal base bonus of +3. Neither the offensive or defensive enhancement may exceed a +5 bonus."

Also, you need to mention how much the special qualities cost in enhancement points and where exactly those qualities themselves can be found (assuming it is not core). Light fortification is a +1 armor/shield quality normally, but here I'm not sure, since it does not say.

On the special qualities, as a player, I'm miffed that you can't just get a base "At X level, you may have +Y special quality." As a fellow homebrewer and DM, I understand that that is just way too open ended in practice. As you have the outlines for an epic progression already, you should probably have a sidebar inside a spoiler for various epic special qualities.

That said, this is a solid start!

Aegis of the Incensed
Prerequisites: Smite Evil, Proficiency with Medium Shields, Base Attack Bonus +6
Benefits: Whenever you make a smite attempt while you are wielding a shield, you are a treated as being one size category larger for the purposes of damage only, and you treat your weapon as if you were wielding it with two hands. In addition, you gain a bonus to attack rolls with your melee weapon equal to your Charisma modifier for 3 rounds after you make a successful shield bash, and you do not lose the Armor bonus to Armor Class after making a shield bash.
Again, you need to tell me what I'm losing and when I lose it. Right now, it makes it seem like I'm either gaining things for free or losing smite evil and proficiency with shields if I chose to at 6th level.

That said, I love this ACF both by itself and with Sacred Bulwark. I may just have to roll up a Paladin with these bad boys next time I get the chance.

Divine Partner [Paladin]
The Paladin may summon an outsider, in accordance to his alignment, and fight with the forces that are aligned with him.
Benefits: The Paladin may summon an outsider a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom or Charisma modifier (whichever is higher). The outsider that the paladin summons depends on his alignment and his levels.
{table=head]Paladin Level|Lawful Good|Chaotic Good|Chaotic Evil|Lawful Evil
4th-8th|Hound Archon|Bralani|Quasit|Imp
9th-13th|Legion Archon|Noble Djinni (without wishes)|Vrock|Erinyes
14th-18th|Trumpet Archon|Ghaele|Nalfeshnee|Ice Devil
19th-20th|Planetar|Planetar|Marilith|Horned Devil
21+|Solar|Solar|Balor|Pit Fiend[/table]
The outsiders summoned last for up to 5 rounds or until they die, and disappear after their duration ends, or when they die. No outsider so summoned may summon other outsiders. Summoning an outsider with this ability is a full round action.
This is something that I honestly have a rough time gauging. It's more like using a Summon Monster X than a special mount, but it's limited in what it can summon. For example, at 4th level, a LG Paladin could have 2-4ish uses of Summon Monster 5 to get a Hound Archon. A CG Paladin gets the same number of uses, but instead it's a SM 6. Imps and Quasits are simply not summonable with the SM series.

At the level this becomes available, I say it should equal to the same level's worth of summon monster, maybe less. Thus, a 5th level Paladin gets something off of either SM 2 or 3. As he levels up, say, in around 9-11, he instead gets ahead, getting either SM 6 at level 9 or SM 7 at level 11, growing slightly faster than an equal level wizard simply due to the limitations on the ability and the different amount of uses per day.

As is, though, I've got a hard time judging it. Do I think it should be better than a Summon Monster Relevant? Yeah, probably, but it uses an entirely different determination for usages per day. High level spells per day are pretty easy to figure out at any given point, but Paladins - Paladins especially - could have Charisma ranging from 12-20 at even first level, depending on how much of a CHA-monkey that Paladin is going to be.

Light From Up On High [Paladin]
The Paladin may form giant wings made of light, allowing him to fight in the skies as well.
Benefits: The Paladin may form a pair of glowing wings as a move action, a number of times per day equal to his Wisdom or Charisma modifier, whichever is higher. The wings are a different shape and color depending on the Paladinís alignment.
Spoiler
Show
  • Lawful Good: A pure white, the wings appear as four, slender oval-esque objects, without feathers.
  • Chaotic Good: A golden color, the wings appear as a pair of giant, feathery bird wings.
  • Chaotic Evil: A deep crimson, the wings appear as four, scaly objects, roughly the same shape as the wings granted by being Lawful Good.
  • Lawful Evil: A dark black, the wings are a pair of giant, feathery crow wings.

The wings last for up to 10 minutes per use. While they are manifested, the Paladin gains a fly speed equal to his base land speed, with average maneuverability.
I like how you mirrored the alignments with the wings. Nice job on that. Sadly, the crunch is a bit weak. At lower levels, they probably should be limited in use, but this ability doesn't grow properly. Instead, I'd model the amount of use and abuse the wings can take on either Dragonsborn or Raptorans. Switch it so the wings are (Ex), but take a move action to "activate" and go from there.

Justice Is My Arm, Retribution Is In My Eye [Paladin]
The Paladin may summon a weapon, a weapon that burns with the shining light of justice.
Benefits: The Paladin may summon a martial or simple melee weapon (or an exotic melee weapon, but the weaponís effective enhancement bonus is reduced by 1) as a swift action. The weapon has an effective enhancement bonus equal to one half of the Paladinís Paladin levels (although there is still the +5 cap on the applicable enhancement bonus). He may use the effective enhancement bonus to add weapon enchantments to his weapons, available to him as on the following table.

Spoiler
Show
{table=head]Level Available|Enchantment

5th
|Bane|

5th
|Defending|

5th
|Flaming/Frost/Shock|

5th
|Keen|

5th
|Merciful|

10th
|Unholy/Axiomatic/Holy/Anarchic*|

10th
|Spell Storing|

10th
|Disruption|

10th
|Mighty Cleaving|

10th
|Throwing|

15th
|Flaming Burst/Icy Burst/Shocking Burst|

15th
|Wounding|

15th
|Speed|

15th
|Ghost-Touch|

15th
|Attuned|

20th
|Vorpal|

20th
|Brilliant|

20th
|Dancing|

20th
|Righteous|

20th
|Winged|[/table]
*To use this weapon enchantment, you must have an alignment that matches the alignment of the specific enchantment.

The weapon lasts for up to 10 minutes before dissipating. If the weapon ever leaves the Paladinís possession without his permission, it similarly dissipates.

Hmm, reading this makes me think I was overly broad in my reading of the Bulwark ability. That said, I honestly think it's not a bad idea to just merge this two together. A free weapon is nice, but only having it for 10 minutes at a time is really annoying. If you don't merge them, consider bumping up the time to either 10 minutes or even 1 hour per Paladin level.

Long Arm of the Law [Paladin]
The Paladin may summon a bow or cross bow from the realm that gives him power.
Benefits: The Paladin may summon a martial or simple ranged weapon (or an exotic ranged weapon, but the weaponís effective enhancement bonus is reduced by 1) as a swift action. The weapon has an effective enhancement bonus equal to one half of the Paladinís Paladin levels (although there is still the +5 cap on the applicable enhancement bonus). He may use the effective enhancement bonus to add weapon enchantments to his weapons, available to him as on the following table.

Spoiler
Show
{table=head]Level Available|Enchantment

5th
|Bane|

5th
|Flaming/Frost/Shock|

5th
|Distance|

5th
|Merciful|

5th
|Returning|

10th
|Unholy/Axiomatic/Holy/Anarchic*|

10th
|Flaming Burst/Icy Burst/Shocking Burst|

10th
|Crippling

15th
|Speed|

15th
|Zen|

15th
|Splitting|

20th
|Brilliant Energy|

20th
|Righteousness|

20th
|Moonsilver|

20th
|Volley|

20th
|Winged|[/table]
*To use this weapon enchantment, you must have an alignment that matches the alignment of the specific enchantment.

The weapon lasts for up to 10 minutes before dissipating. If the weapon ever leaves the Paladinís possession without his permission, it similarly dissipates.
My comments for the above and Bulwark go doubly here. If you do merge them, consider giving the ranged option a bit more "oomph" somehow, just due to the lack of outside support. My gut reaction is to add some of the archery Ranger spells in Spell Compendium either to the Paladin's spell-list or as additional enhancements, probably in the +1 to +2 range, depending.

Divine Savant (Paladin)
The Paladin is able to cast spells that would otherwise be beyond him.
Replaces: Turn Undead, Special Mount
Benefits: The Paladinís spells prepared becomes as follows:
Spoiler
Show
{table=head]Level|Spell Level
1st
|
-
2nd
|
-
3rd
|
-
4th
|
5th
|
6th
|
7th
|
8th
|
9th
|
10th
|
11th
|
12th
|
13th
|
14th
|
15th
|
16th
|
17th
|
18th
|
19th
|
20th
|
[/table]

In addition, he adds the following spells to his spell list. In order to cast a spell, he must still have a Wisdom score equal to the level of the spell +10.
Spoiler
Show
5th: Atonement, Commune, Hallow, Plane Shift, Righteous Might, Spell Resistance, True Seeing, Mass Cure Light Wounds and Disrupting Weapon.
6th: Banishment, Blade Barrier, Mass Cure Moderate, Heal, Greater Dispel Magic, Find the Path, Undeath to Death, Heroesí Feast, Mass Bullís Strength, Mass Eagleís Splender, Mass Owlís Wisdom and Geas.

You need to remake the tables for spells per day here, too. Honestly, it'd just be easier to copypasta the Bard's table from level 5 onwards, tweaking it slightly for the level delay. As for the list itself, I'd also throw them a bone and either let them grab some domain spells or give them an advanced learning that allows them to grab some cleric spells.

Also throw a line in this ACF setting the Paladin's caster level equal to his class level. Like it should have been from the start.

One Thousand Hands (Paladin)
The Paladin becomes an especially adept healer.
Replaces: Smite Evil
Benefits: Once per encounter at first level, and an additional time per encounter at 5th level, and every five levels thereafter (10th, 15th etc etc) the Paladin may grant all allies within 30 feet of himself Fast Healing equal to one half of his Paladin levels for a number of rounds equal to his Charisma modifier as a move action, or he can give them a sacred bonus to Attack and Damage rolls equal to his Charisma modifier for 3 rounds as a standard action, or he can grant them each a single move action, as a swift action (he may not grant himself a move action with this ability).

I like this in that while it takes away something solidly "PALADIN" with Smite Evil, it gives back a lot in return without overdoing it. I would probably make it so that everything is based off of half-Paladin level to prevent Sorcadin Dips from going crazy with a solid Inspire Courage buff for a standard action. This would also stop the craziness that is a lesser Aasimar Paladin 1 from giving is party +5 to-hit and damage at level 1.

Also, I would probably be explicit on if a 1st level Paladin tracks each of the three options separately on the uses per encounter. My gut says this level 1 example must choose between fast healing, more damage, or more defense rather than being able to drop all three in one fight.

Also, I'd change the fluff tag on this since only one of the three deals with healing.

Weapon Qualities
Spoiler
Show
Righteous (Weapon Quality)
A righteous weapon empowers the wielder after the wielder makes a smite attempt. The wielder gains a sacred bonus to damage and attack rolls when making a smite equal to the Righteous weaponís total magic bonus (including the bonus that is subsumed from weapon enhancements), and you gain a sacred bonus to Armor Class and to damage rolls equal to the total magic bonus (including the bonus that is subsumed from weapon enhancements) for 3 rounds afterward.
Strong transmutation; CL 14th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Holy Sword, Greater Magic Weapon; Price +4 bonus

Attuned (Weapon Quality)
An attuned weapon automatically grants the wielder any bonuses he might gain from a feat that is for a single weapon when wielding the attuned weapon. In addition, the wielder of the attuned weapon may cast weapon-like spells through the weapon as a melee attack. The wielder gains a bonus to damage and attack rolls (superseding the enhancement bonus from the weapon itself) equal to their caster level. The bonus from this ability may not exceed the total magic bonus that the weapon has (including the bonus that is subsumed from weapon enhancements).
Medium transmutation; CL 11th; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Mageís Sword, Mageís Lucubration; Price +3 bonus

Winged (Weapon Quality)
A winged weapon allows itís wielder to fly. As long as the wielder is wielding the weapon, he or she is lifted up by wings attached to the hilt of the weapon, granting him a 30 foot fly speed with a maneuverability of (Poor). In addition, the wings may grant you, once per encounter, a deflection bonus to Armor Class for one attack equal to the enhancement bonus of the weapon; activating this ability is an immediate action.
Major transmutation; CL 9; Craft Magical Arms and Armor, Overland Flight; Price +4

Zen (Weapon Quality)
A zen weapon may only be a ranged weapon. A zen weapon grants its wielder a bonus to Armor Class and Reflex saves equal to the wielderís Wisdom modifier. In addition, the wielder may make a spot check (DC = 10 + Targetís HD) in order to ignore a targetís Damage Reduction for the rest of the encounter, as a move action.
Moderate divination; CL 10; Craft Arms and Armor, True Seeing; Price +3

Crippling (Weapon Quality)
The crippling enchantment may only be applied to a piercing or slashing weapon. A crippling weapon is able to slow opponents. Every time the wielder of the crippling weapon makes an attack on a target, that target must make a Fortitude save (DC 13 + the weaponís enhancement bonus + Wielderís Charisma modifier) or have their movement speeds cut in half. If the weapon is used on an opponent more than once, and their fail their save both times, their speeds fall to one half base, minus 5 for each save failed. The target may not have their movement speeds reduced below 5 feet in this way.
Moderate transmutation; CL 6; Craft Arms and Armor, Slow; Price +2

Volley (Weapon Quality)
The volley enchantment may only be applied to a ranged weapon. The wielder of the volley weapon may, once per encounter, make a number of attacks equal to the enhancement bonus of the weapon (not including the bonuses removed by weapon qualities), each at the wielderís highest attack bonus. In addition, the wielder may make an additional ranged attack with every full attack made with the Volley weapon, at half of the highest attack bonus the wielder has with the weapon.
Major evocation; CL 10; Craft Arms and Armor, Acid Arrow, Flame Arrow; Price +4

Moonsilver (Weapon Quality)
The moonsilver enchantment may only be applied to a ranged weapon. The wielder of the moonsilver weapon may change the material of ammunition being fired from the weapon to Alchemical Silver, Adamantine, Cold Iron, or Mithral as a swift action, once per encounter. The bow fires projectiles that are treated as if they are of that material for 5 rounds.
Moderate transmutation; CL ; Craft Arms and Armor, Greater Magic Weapon; Price +3
Righteous is interesting, but focuses a lot on the traditional problem of only having one big smite, but now with 3 rounds of cigarette afterwards.

Attuned is an issue in that it allows gishes and Duskblades to fire off all of their Orb of Xs and similar spells in one glorious full-attack with that weapon. I'd throw a limitation of one weaponlike spell (see Complete Arcane, page X) per round and maybe focus more on the extra +3 (minimum) enhancement gained from the weapon.

Considering how poor the flight is on a Winged weapon and the limitations on its defensive ability, I'd probably lower it to a +2, maybe, maybe +1, bonus. The deflection bonus gained is only a equal to the enhancement bonus on the weapon, meaning that, as a +4 quality, it's highly unlikely to matter by the time that aspect comes online. By the time a PC can buy a +5 (in total) weapon, he had better have a better means of flying then his poor sword, too.

Zen is annoying in that for a +4 weapon, it gives clerics yet another means of getting WIS to AC. An easy way to avoid this is either to give it a common type or to require that the user actually attack with the weapon to activate this defensive bonus for a round.

That said, the DR bypasser is clever and rather nice. 10+HD may be too high, however. Instead, I'd do 10+.5HD just so midlevels don't lead to people having to worry about bypassing some 30 HD monster while only having a +15 or so bonus to spot.

Crippling should probably be explicit on each additional failed save causing the opponent to lose 5 feet of movement and how that interacts with the slow. You should also mention if you round up or down for creatures with 15 ft move speeds and armored opponents. Right now, the second failed save would make a human have a move speed of 5 ft. Another idea is to have a crippling weapon prevent the 5 ft step action, but offer another save when they try to 5 ft step away to do so. As is, unless I was playing a high CHA-swift hunter with travel devotion, I probably would never use this weapon quality.

Volley is nice, but the free extra shot should probably be "At highest attack bonus-5." Solid weapon quality in my book, otherwise!

Moonsilver is interesting, but should be a +1 weapon quality due to the fact that transmuting is a +2 quality and overcomes all DR on the second to infinite hit and the fact that this is a "ranged-only" weapon enhancement.

Another general note: you should state whether these things are (Su), (Ex), SLAs, or -.