View Single Post

Thread: Team Primeval

1. - Top - End - #16
    Ogre in the Playground

Default Re: Team Primeval

Quote Originally Posted by arguskos View Post
    Wow. Something that makes Team Solar look balanced. Very well done, sir, very well done.

I'd love to see that deathmatch between Team Solar and Team Pit Fiend here.
    Can I sig the first part?

Quote Originally Posted by douglas View Post
    Oh yeah, I've been forgetting about this thing. I'll give it a thorough inspection later, but I've got two issues with it already:
    1) "Aspect of the Deity" is, judging by a google search, from the 3.0 book Defenders of the Faith. While the official WotC stance is that unupdated 3.0 material is 3.5 legal, in practice it's usually on an individual approval basis and frowned on. You should really limit yourself to non-3.0 material, I think. Even aside from that, the Visage of the Deity line of spells is clearly an updated version of the same thing, and it being 3.0 is probably the only reason the name change wasn't noted in Spell Compendium. They're the same spell, use only one and make it the most recent version.
    2) I haven't studied the way you did it in detail yet, but using Good and - especially - Sanctified spells for an evil team seems Wrong in a rather major way.

As I recall, the Word was based on a severe misinterpretation of Ur-Priest caster level plus stacking Ioun Stones which shouldn't work either. And the Wish, well, there's a reason the spell duplication item pricing guidelines are guidelines rather than rules.
    No problem, I figured you were busy. You may have to step up Team Solar a bit, currently I hit you on a natural 1 (2d20b1, so only a .4% miss chance), and you only hit me on a natural 20, and you can't beat my spell resistance. I'd suggest Algid Enhancement.

1) It's in Book of Exalted Deeds, Apostle of Peace 9, Herald 9, Exalted Arcanist 9. Transmutation [Good]. It appears on different spell lists than the cleric version and Spell Compendium doesn't say that they're the same spell.

2) The Sanctified spell (Greater Luminous Armor) is cast using Miracle, and the Archivist (And other casters for that matter) don't have restrictions on what alignment spells they can cast. I do agree that it's rather Wrong, but hey, Rai doesn't think he's actually evil.

On the Wish and the Word: Not only are they relying on an item for initial startup, it's an illegal item, and every thing the Wish does can be stamped on by a DM. Additionally, the FaQ specifically calls out Innate Spell as not qualifying for Supernatural Transformation... I still love the duo.

As for the match between this Team and the Wish and the Word, we're immune to the blasphemy/holy word/word of chaos/word of balance line, and cleaning up the wish is as simple as gating them into a Selective Spell'd (The spellguard ability, excluding Dragon type) AMF while Saphiron beats the stuffing out of them. No contigent wishes, no wishes full stop and a big dragon who can freely beat you up.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulaas View Post
    How are you casting spells with your Body Outside Body clones?
    They have miracle 2/day as a spell like ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Acrux View Post
    Oh man, when I saw the title of this thread I came in prepared to discuss how to build Nick and Helen Cutter. Then I read the content and was just totally confused.
    LOVE THAT SERIES. Still haven't seen series 4 and 5 yet, though.

EDIT: Updating the OP with more information.
    Last edited by Cadian 9th; 2011-06-05 at 04:52 PM.
    Awesome Avatar by Lord Fullbladder, Master of Goblins!

Retired from active duty

It means I am rarely on this site anymore. It's been an honor serving with you all.

PEACH