Quote Originally Posted by Thrice Dead Cat View Post
While I understand that, the druid is that sort of beast just because of its three main class features. Also, nothing is stopping a Binder from polymorphing into something crazy and then breathing fire!
If they have polymorph, which is unlikely.

The Totemist - 4 is a stronger than Soulborn, but those lost four levels do mean slightly slower chakra progression, but it is easily worth it due to the fact that Soulborns are just that bad... and that's not even adding to the fact that he would get the totem chakra.
I gave them the Chakra as normal, the only thing that is slowed is the actual Chakra Binds, Essentia, and Soulmelds.

I figured it was worth mentioning, because I know Stormwind was big on converting the Ranger to an initiator class. Thank you Google! Looks like it was a project alongside RadicalTaoist.
Yeah. Also, Iron Rain only really, as far as I can tell, applies to guns, which is sort of useless for some rangers.

As I said before, I'm happy to help. I rarely have the spark needed for creating new 'brew, but I can at least look over things and give out PEACHes to help a project along.
Aw man, I remember your homebrew being really good.

You are more than welcome on that. It was rather inspiring to find something other than Battle Blessing that makes a Paladin stick out from a crunch point of view, and with your opening line of fluff there it just really struck me. I just hope I can find a game for it soon!
Battle blessing is another option that is quite interesting, both mechanically and from a character point of view.

Clerical errors happen: that's why WotC has editors and homebrewers ask for PEACHes.
Heheh, thanks!

Raw CR is a bit much just because one CR X threat should have a 50/50 shot against another CR X foe. It's not often the case, but that's the premise. That said, limiting the ability to specific monsters does help. Higher level summons are all about the SLAs, so it becomes a difficult game between either grabbing something beefier and more still a relevant combatant or simply giving the Paladin their own little set of SLAs CHA mod times per day. As such, I'd go more towards something that would fight alongside the Paladin than another caster.
A good point. I can definitely see the SLAs being a problem, but I think the set up of actually having outsiders that sort of make sense with the alignment almost becomes as or more important.

That's why I suggested using them as a base! I don't think the full time flight should be as delayed as it is, but the gliding mechanic does make it nearly full-time. You probably should allow them to fly while in heavier armor or loads. The weight of the world is heavy, after all.
Yeah, and that is what I ended up doing. Actually, that is a good idea. Maybe they can ignore their weapons and armor while flying?

You could maybe give them bonus feats or mini-maneuvers they can use with their summoned weapon. Paladins usually aren't known for combat tricks, but a very lite maneuver system tagged onto the weapon could help it.
Oh oh oh! Maybe I could give them different feats whenever they summon their weapon, chosen upon summoning, that they must qualify for, and only gain the benefits of while wielding the weapon?

One hour should be enough. It's still something you need to worry about not having, but with only 10 minutes, I feel that it would be too common to have to resummon your sword in every fight in the dungeon crawl. Not saying that that is a high chance, but rather that 10 minutes is an odd time set.
Yeah, I can definitely see that.

Fair enough. Looking at the Attuned quality again, you should probably mention if the spell/attack is resolved as a normal attack with the spell added onto it or as just shooting a spell from the sword in place of an attack. Rereading it, I could see it going either way. Also, you need to add something that the enhancement bonus boost only comes up in the round a spell is cast, because, right now, it doesn't say that. You should probably give an example weapon just so it is clear what you mean on the extra enhancement bonus. "For example, a +1 Attuned Vorpal Sickle in the hands of a 12th level Cleric would instead become a +8 Attuned Vorpal Sickle when used to channel flame strike. However, if that same sickle were to be used by a 5th level Druid casting poison, it would instead become a +5 Attuned Vorpal Sickle due to his lower caster level."
Your example isn't really how it works. The weapon itself would be a +1 Attuned Vorpal Sickle, and the wielder gains a bonus to attack and damage rolls while wielding it equal to their caster level, with a maximum of the total magic bonus. In this case, they gain a +8 bonus to attack and damage, in addition to the enhancement bonus.

Well, with most of those you can at least trade out the feats! Sorcerer, though, that's rough. The usual trend for racial ACFs is to mess with the HD, skill list, spells known, and then usually knock them down a spell slot of their newest level of spells for that ACF level.
Yeah, I have a serious beef with whoever designed the Sorcerer class.

I cut some of the natter out of this post. Next one of mine will probably be or another new PEACH just so the later "printings" get some love, too.
No problems.