View Single Post

Thread: [Base Class] Aesthetic Sage

1. - Top - End - #11
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: [Base Class] Aesthetic Sage

Quote Originally Posted by Lappy9000 View Post
    You do realize that once you post a class on the homebrew thread, people naturally attempt to give helpful critique, yes? If you don't want people to give their opinions, simply state so in the thread title.
    I do wish people would stop assuming that, I simply have a somewhat negative tone by default. It does not however, express what I feel or am thinking.
    That said, I really like this class! It does a better job of portraying a samurai-ish character from any anime I've seen better than any others I've looked at. I like the little bit about the alignment, the flavor and 'feel' of the abilities, and they all scale in power nicely. Plus, they get flexible spellcasting, but it's not too flexible, and an aesthetic sage will naturally be prone to picking touch spells as an added balancing factor.
    Thanks, and yea I'm still working on the Example character (which is going to be a character I intend to use sometime, + Gestalt.) And Yes, Touch spells are quite dominant it seems. Though that was intended.
    The only suggestions I would offer is to perhaps drop the skills per level (2 or 4) and possibly the Hit Dice, but that one's kinda 'eh.' Oh, and add on a typed bonus for Form abilities to help avoid confusion on stacking (Insight looks like a good fit). Additionally, the class features could use a bit of clean up and polish, but things read decently as is.
    Overall, looks good, feels right, and well-balanced. Good work
    I never go below 4, but very well. Down to 4 it is. (but they generally are quite skilled in the shows.)
    Yes, I was just adding a bonus in the current edit thats up in another tab. Unsurprisingly, it is Insight afterall :P

Edit:

Finished. Or so I think.
    Last edited by Cipher Stars; 2011-07-14 at 09:18 PM.

My Homebrew