Quote Originally Posted by Cardea View Post
So I really like this idea and I really like this fluff. I love seeing more Invocation Classes, and as a huge fan of Necromancy in general, this is really, really cool to look at. One thing is throwing me off, though...

Soul Diet seems problematic, if I'm not missing something. Using Profane Life Leech, you are nourished for three hours. That part is clear. But then you need to 'drain a creature’s life energy', or else take a -2 to all saves, attack rolls and skill checks, that increases every thirty minutes that you don't feed. And every hour, you take 1d6 lethal damage per 2 HD.

But in order to use Profane Life Leech, you need to use a Turn/Rebuke Undead Attempt. You only get 3+Cha Mod number of times to use Rebuke Undead per day.

I usually see people with a +3 or +4 mod for Cha if they are focusing on Charisma. That's 6 or 7 times a day. At some point, pretty early in the day, you are going to be facing a lot of penalties and a lot of damage.

Unless I'm missing something, this is self-defeating someone's PC. I really hope I'm just being unobservant and missing something.
No problem one of my friends had the same problem misinterpreting it. Its three hours per CREATURE targeted. So if you use Profane Lifeleech and hit 4 goblins, your sated for 12 hours not 3. It IS meant to be a major downside for this class though.

Not sure what you mean by "Drain a creature's life energy" when I said that I meant use Profane life leech and actually hit a creature.