1. - Top - End - #15
    Bugbear in the Playground

RedWizardGuy

Default Re: (3.5) The Skinwalker (Base Class) [PEACH]

Quote Originally Posted by Lyndworm View Post
    Concerning a spell progression:
    I've been going through the SRD and Spell Compendium looking for appropriate spells and... Well, this is harder than I thought it would be, to be honest. Spells that cause fear and illusions are must-haves, but I'm having trouble picking stuff out after that. So many things look so shiny... I'm seriously afraid to overpower the Skinwalker, since he already has some really powerful abilities. I've drawn primarily from the bard and druid with some sorcerer/wizard spells thrown in. I'm extremely open to suggestion regarding the spell list and spell placement, and I'm not sure how I feel about it, but here's what I've got so far:

Spoiler
    Show
    Zeroth Level Spells: - 8
    Dancing Lights, Detect Magic, Ghost Sound, Know Direction, Light, Mage Hand, Read Magic, Resistance

First Level Spells: - 19
    Accelerated Movement, Breath of the Jungle, Camouflage, Cause Fear, Claws of the Bear, Detect Snares and Pits, Endure Elements, Expeditious Retreat, Feather Fall, Greater Mage Hand, Jump, Magic Fang, Longstrider, Shock and Awe, Silent Image, Swift Expeditious Retreat, Swift Invisibility, Undetectable Alignment, Ventriloquism

Second Level Spells: - 21
    Align Fang, Barkskin, Bear's Endurance, Blindness/Deafness, Blur, Bull's Strength, Cat's Grace, Circle Dance, Curse of Impending Blades, Darkness, Decomposition, Easy Trail, Greater Alarm, Invisibility, Lesser Confusion, Minor Image, Pass without Trace, Scare, Silence, Surefooted Stride, Tongues

Third Level Spells: - 18
    Blacklight, Blindsight, Blink, Confusion, Crushing Despair, Dispel Magic, Displacement, Fear, Forestfold, Gaseous Form, Greater Magic Fang, Haste, Jagged Tooth, Major Image, Mass Curse of Impending Blades, Slow, Snare, Unluck

Fourth Level Spells: - 12
    Air Walk, Bestow Curse, Contagion, Dimension Door, Greater Blindsight, Greater Invisibility, Greater Resistance, Lay of the Land, Locate Creature, Poison, Sharptooth, Superior Magic Fang

Fifth Level Spells: - 8
    Commune with Nature, Echo Skull, Greater Blink, Greater Dispel Magic, Nightmare, Persistent Image, Shadow Walk, Wrack

Sixth Level Spells: - 7
    Eyebite, Find the Path, Imperious Glare, Mass Contagion, Permanent Image, Superior Resistance, Wind Walk
    Looks like a good list. If you're still looking for more spells, though, remember what a Skinwalker is: a creature/person that corrupts divine nature magic and can strike fear into the hearts of people, not to mention fool their eyes. So, for fear and illusion effects, look at the Wizard/Sorcerer list. For nature spells for this, take a look at the Druid's spell list, and I'd also recommend taking a look at the Blighter prestige class for class and spell ideas. Lastly, since Skinwalkers were seen as a sort of abomination against the gods, take a look at the Cleric spell list and take a few that an evil cleric might take.

Now, should the Skinwalker be Arcane or Divine? I'm leaning towards Divine, myself, but, as always, I'm open to suggestion.
    Divine would probably be the best choice. They're distorting divine power for their own use, sort of like an Ur-Priest.
    Last edited by Pyromancer999; 2011-08-14 at 02:27 PM.
    Newest Work: Pyromancer - My submission for Base Class Contest X
    Vote here.

Awesome Quotes:

Quote Originally Posted by chess435 View Post
    May Chuck Norris smile upon you.

Finall got an Extended Homebrew Signature, courtesy of Cipherthe3vil