Quote Originally Posted by Maraxus1 View Post
Perfection is definitely no problem, at level 17 you already have all +4s and +6 items to your attributes. ... With the offensive style however, this gets serious!.
If the gish had any spells that required saving throws, I would say it was a dangerous spell simply because with the transmuter buffs it would add a +10 sacred bonus to your casting stat, which would give you a +5 to your DCs. But you don't, so it's not really that important to optimize your casting stat. (You get bonus spells per day, which is nice, but it's really hard to get more than 2/level anyway)

I don't think that will lure many people away from the great defensive style ability at level 11 however. The two options seam balanced, if not a slight advantage for defense.
That was intentional, as specializing in defense would give you more survivability (which is important for a wizard) but less power (which is more important for a warrior). So the defense option should really protect you. (After all, you still have d6 HD, which is the lowest HD in the game for a character with heavy armor proficiency)

By default, I don't see, why a Gish class should get more then Bard-like spells per day but whatever, I guess it would not be better then any core class at any level, if it had.
A gish is generally a wizard/fighter/eldritch knight/abjurant champion, etc etc. If you want to make a base class version of it, it needs to be as much like the wizard as possible.

What really bugs me is the big spell list all available all the time. That really seams like you are trying to sneak some stuff through under the radar of the DM to catch him off guard. The DM job is tough enough, you should not try this, so better replace the spellcasting mechanic by either a cleric like "know all and prepare" or a sorcerer like spells known selection.
WotC already set the precedent for that, but admittedly the spell lists for the classes who had them were a bit smaller than this. Perhaps I'll make the gish a prepared caster. Without access to many divination spells, he would have to play his casting much more wisely than a cleric or a wizard.

The idea of an ability-score independent spell casting is quite neat btw. Less MAD for the times you are supposed to build a character with 24 point buy or something.
Well, warriors are MAD enough already. Need Str to hit and damage, need Dex for a slight boost to AC, certain feats, and to not die from dragon's breath, need Con to not die from everything else, need Int for skill points and the Combat Expertise feat, and need Will to not turn on your party members when the enemy spellcasters get dominate person at 9th level. So, yeah. Didn't see the need to add to that. However, you can get much more use out of the Knowledge Devotion feat with this class than a normal wizard or cleric. So that's something.