1. - Top - End - #22
    Bugbear in the Playground

Default Re: Artytheurge, an all new Theurge prestige class!

Quote Originally Posted by Hazzardevil View Post
    But you don't add wizard levels to it.
    And just so you know the intended entry is wizard or Artificer 5, then 1 level of the other and take practiced spellcaster to shore up Caster Level.
    ahhh, fair enough. That's not overly clear, this gave me the impression you DO add any Wizard (or other arcane caster) levels:
    An Artytheurge's class levels stack with his Artificer and Casting levels for determining his Item creation feats and Craft reserve.
    ...which leads me to...
    Also, I need to say that the -2 penalty only applys on Artytheurge, so a level 5 Artificer/Artytheurge I only get level 5 craft reserve. Not sure how to word that.
    Fair enough, but until you sort out what you mean with the above, then I can't get what you mean here either. What it sounds like is that you want to say:
    'You may add your Artytheurge level -2 (minimum of 0), to your Artificer levels...'

Also, I don't understand where you got the idea you can swap item creation feats for metamagic's, but I might add that in.
    I got that idea from this:
    The bonus feats gained this way...
    Which way, by the way? Artificers get a bonus feat selection, but they're not item creation ones, all those are listed idividually by name on the Artificer class table.
    ...or through Artificer levels from now on also allow you to choose wizard bonus feats.
    what is this meant to say then?

...on the other hand, this:
    Also, designate each of your Item Creation feat with a Metamagic or Spell Focus. At the beginning of each week you may change a Item Creation feat with the designated Spell Focus or Metamagic.
    is rather snacky, I think I like that quite a lot.
    You may wish to say what happens if they wanna change back though...
    Last edited by Veklim; 2011-08-26 at 08:40 AM.
    All I ask is a tall ship, and a star to steer her by.

My homebrews Moloques! Sagacious Defender of the Forge, The Open Palm, Sacred Scourge, The Bastion
    Co-Developer of the Mutant Powers Project:
    World Warper
    Telekineticist and ACFs, Feats, Shadow Hand PrC