2011-09-06, 06:28 AM (ISO 8601)
Re: [3.5, Base Class] The Magic Marksman (WIP, PEACH)
Okay, here are the new techniques that I got from TravelLog's ideas, as well as some of my own. Comments please.
Additional Mana Manipulations Techniques:
Third Level Techniques:
Lockdown (A): By spending mana points up to his Wisdom modifier, the marksman can designate one enemy as his target. The marksman gains an unnamed bonus to attacks and damage rolls against that enemy equal to half his mana points spent on this ability. The marksman also gains the ability to know the target's location anywhere within 100 feet, but he does not gain the ability to see his target if he has invisibility, and therefore he still suffers the normal penalties against fighting invisible creatures.
Ninth Level Techniques:
Dimensional Bullets (X): No amount of protective covering, magical or mundane, can hide the marksman's target from his bullets. Using his knowledge of dimensional manipulation, he can overcome any walls or magical barriers. By spending five mana points, all attacks made by the marksman in that round overcomes any physical barrier such as walls. At level fifteen, by spending ten mana points, his attacks can pass through magical barriers such as forcecage.
Battlefield Deployment (X): By spending five mana points, the marksman can recall his supporter if it is within his range and redeploy it to any point within his range. This does not affect the actions of the supporter (ie if the supporter has already acted for that round, he cannot attack again, unless by some other ability).
Transmutation (A): By spending five mana points, the marksman can change the property of his mana bullets to that of any metal for the purpose of damage reduction. Switching from one type to another costs five mana points, as well as terminating this effect before the end of the encounter.
Fifteenth Level Techniques:
Recovery (A): The marksman can manipulate his mana to take on regenerative properties. He can spend mana points up to his Wisdom modifier to gain fast healing. He gains one hit point per round for every two points spent on this ability.
Elemental Bullets is now a third level technique.
Elemental Bullets (A): You can set your mana shots to a particular energy type. By expending two mana points, you can imbue your shots with any energy type to deal additional 1d6 of damage of that energy type. Changing from one energy type to another costs two mana points, as well as returning the bulletís property to neutral.
At ninth level, you can spend four mana points to add an additional 1d6 of damage. At fifteenth level, you can spend ten mana points to have additional effects that are afflicted on the target if they fail a Fortitude save (DC = 10 + 1/2 class level + Wis mod). The added effects for each type are as follows:
- Acid: An enemy hit by an acid bullet must succeed a Fort save or have a penalty to his AC equal to the marksman's class level divided by four.
- Cold: An enemy hit by an cold bullet must succeed a Fort save or have a penalty to move speed equal to 5 feet times the marksman's class level divided by five.
- Electricity: An enemy hit by an electric bullet must succeed a Fort save or be stunned for a number of rounds equal to the marksman's class level divided by ten.
- Fire: An enemy hit by a fire bullet must succeed a Fort save or suffer the burning status for a number of rounds equal to the marksman's class level divided by four. A target with the burning status receives an additional 1d6 fire damage per round when he does nothing or an action equivalent to a move action, 2d6 for a standard action, and 3d6 for a full-round action.
- Sonic: An enemy hit by an sonic bullet must succeed a Fort save or be deafened for a number of rounds equal to the marksman's class level divided by four.
The effects can only be inflicted on the target once per round. Once the effect wears off or if the target succeeds his save, the effect can be inflicted on the same target when the marksman attacks him the next round. Effects from different energy types stack.
I'm also considering switching up Versatility and Adaptability abilities. You now get Adaptability at level 17 and Versatility at level 19.