View Single Post

Thread: The Red Mage (3.5 E6 base class, PEACH)

1. - Top - End - #9
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Red Mage (3.5 E6 base class, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by Gnorman View Post
    Thank you for the input - I actually have been struggling to replace Combat Panache with something more interesting. This is what I have so far: let me know what you think.

Spellbattle Escalation: A Red Mage gains a +2 to attack rolls and damage rolls against a specific opponent if he has successfully cast an offensive spell against that opponent in an encounter. A Red Mage also gains a +2 bonus to penetrate spell resistance and a +1 bonus to the DCs of spells cast against a specific opponent if he has successfully attacked that opponent in melee. These bonuses last until the end of the encounter.

My only concern is that it may be a bit overpowered with area-of-effect spells. Thoughts?
    I'm thinking that you should give Combat Panache at 1st level, replacing Strength for Charisma in both attack and damage rolls (perhaps with only a select few weapons, perhaps not) and Spellbattle Escalation at 5th level. That should definitely give the Red Mage a unique and potent combat strategy.

Battlefield Intelligence seems... not only lackluster, but not really related to the Battlefield. How about adding the Red Mage's class level to Knowledge (History) checks as well as all Knowledge checks made to determine creatures' special powers and/or vulnerabilities?
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2011-09-16 at 07:26 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!