View Single Post

Thread: 3.5 Suel Arcanamach/Sublime Chord Build

1. - Top - End - #3
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: 3.5 Suel Chord Build

Quote Originally Posted by dextercorvia View Post
    • No -- you only add to the caster level of Suel -- you gain no features.
    • No -- You are trading a casting level for a point of BAB and a bonus feat, not worth it. The CL bump is offset by losing the casting level for EK1.
    • Hexblade3 is decent, Warblade or Crusader are both pretty nice as well. Duskblade might help you feel gishy early on. Battle Dancer1 from Dragon Compendium will get you full BAB and +Cha to AC when unarmored.
    1)Alright, fair enough. But to double check, if I had gone Suel Arcanamach right into Abjurant Champion, I would be getting the bonus features with the spells I get from AC, right?
    2)Didn't think so. Sucks that most gishy PrC lose a CL at level 1. I'll hunt around for a medium BAB caster then. One of them should do it, and if Fractional BAB/Saves are allowed, I should be able to get an extra CL (as SC 10) and BAB.
    3)Really sucks, I spent so long writing that up and fleshing it out from my suggestion in the other thread. And it gets answered in 5 sentences

Additional question: (I'll add it to the top too)
    • How does this compare to the standard Sorcadin build? Particularly useful and varied class abilities.
    • Pretty sure it's got equal BAB to a sorcadin, and both have 9th level spells by level 20.
    • How would Mageslayer interact with my caster level? Would it still be equal to my BAB? Or would it be BAB-4? (While dispelling my spells would be what, BAB+6 still, or BAB+2?)
    • Does tenacious spell come into play when someone tries to counter my spells?

edit: More questions

possible options for level 20 (or 19+20 if I only take one level of SC)
    Sacred Exorcist (medium Bab) Can't believe I messed that up.
    Unseen Seer (medium bab, good will). Find out what 'advanced learning' is. Bonus metamagic: Silent spell
    Holy Scourge? Really bad, only if I want to emphasize the paladin thing
    Nightmare Spinner (low bab, good will) 4/5 casting, but bonus spells
    Mindbender (only if CE paladin) Good fort, will. Low BAB. Get telepathy. Lose casterlevel at Mind 2
    Fatespinner (bad bab. good will).
    Elemental Savant: (bad bab, good will): Minor use at late levels
    Argent Savant: (bad bab, good will). Neat effects with force, stacks with AC in spells that grant AC to armor/shield...
    Last edited by herrhauptmann; 2011-10-05 at 02:52 PM.