1. - Top - End - #25
    Pixie in the Playground

Default Re: The Ultimate Bluff Prestige Class (3.5 PrC, PEACH)

I HAVE ANGERED THE PARAGON OF MY RACE!!!!!!!!!!

*proceeds to inflict whip wounds on my own back in repentance*

Please allow this one to most humbly bright more clarity to his above statement.

*drops all pretense*

ok this is just too silly now... *ahem* anywhoo... I think what i was getting at was that i was looking at the capstone of the ability and saw foes getting a +20 bonus to disbelieving the bluff. While a good liar could still bluff anyone with that bonus if they didn't have ranks even say a lvl 10 city guard with sense motive as a class skill with maxed ranks (which they should have if they are going to be guards but that is neither here nor there) they have a suddenly good chance of negating the capstone. however on the other side of this a gnome gets a +30 all in all bonus to resisting the bluff... Um... yah i don't know about you but suddenly your effective +45 to bluff at the appropriate level will still likely get you through a number less than ten is going to hurt... badly.

Maybe the charlatan could get an ability that increases their bluff (like give them an ability at level for that gives them a competence bonus to bluff checks equal to half their level in the class from their intimacy with lying). secondly i think that an ability that straight out confuses an enemy (ala the spells confusion or insanity) would be awesome for this class as well as one that charms or dominates for a short period of time as well. but those are my only thoughts on improving on near perfection.

long story short make bluff checks bigger and some way to inflict magic mental effects on them but rather than them being magic or supernatural make them extraordinary effects. I understand you have alot there already and alot more to chew through but those are just things i personally would like to see.

Edit: your above post... im not good with gear and stacking stuff... like that... but either way my last paragraph still applies for me just because im from wisconsin and i like cheese*
    Last edited by FallenGuardian; 2011-10-25 at 07:14 PM.