Quote Originally Posted by Noctis Vigil View Post
Hmm. I can see where you're coming from, NeoSeraphi. I can also see there's no way this class will fit that bill. I think I'll just shelf it for now under my "failed experiments" category, at least until I have some free time to think it over. From what I see in the comments on the class, I have learned one valuable thing: melee is weak, and appreciated most when kept that way. I'll see if I can knock him down two tiers or so power-wise and come back with an update then.

I'll still take any comments and suggestions you have, of course. Good ideas will never be turned down.
It's not that we want to keep melee weak; it's just that you pumped this up too much in damage and gave it little else. It can lock down a single enemy long enough to close for a full attack, but it can't do much battlefield control, debuffing (mostly because the targets die from damage) or buffing.

Possible new abilities (keeping with your focus on criticals, rage and fear): a progression to ignore immunity to critical hits, a group morale bonus to hit/damage on a critical/kill, a general bonus to group damage, a debuffing aura, an ability to create difficult terrain (whack the ground to cause a tremor, possibly entangling enemies who fail a save), ignoring difficult terrain, ignoring/hindering regeneration (which would be a pretty awesome and unique ability), shout or greater shout as Supernatural or Extraordinary abilities (possibly with a modified area).