Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Bookworm View Post
Good, good, good, and good.

Doesn't... really make a lot of sense, especially in combination with the ability right after here.

This makes Half-Orcs the One True Build for sooooooo many character concepts, which is not a desirable design goal.

If you want to fix 1H Power Attack, make it a feat or something, not a racial ability.
I didn't want to fix 1H Power Attack. I wanted to make a hybrid ability for half-orcs. Something that combined a human's innate adaptability with the orc's strength, and I came up with "Use adaptability to fight better".

Fluff-wise, they basically understand how to use their weapons in different ways, combining it with their physical strength to put out more ownage than most.

Also, there are plenty of races that are just perfect for certain builds, (like humans) such as Lesser Aasimar being great for paladins, mongrelfolk being the prime target for dragonfire adepts, and whispergnomes making fantastic rogues. (I don't care what kind of stat boosts you get, a +4 size bonus to Hide without lowering your move speed and silence as a spell-like ability makes you the stealthiest rogue ever)

Good, what the ****, good.

About the languages; the automatic ones make sense, the bonus ones... not so much. Any reasoning, or did you just throw them in there because honestly who cares?

I'd probably just put "all" in a nod to the human side.
I actually copied and pasted from the SRD, but yeah, that makes sense. I'll change it to All.