Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
There is a similar point you could make that was made with my pyromaniac class, about how if you have to negotiate with an outsider, your class probably deserves Diplomacy on its class skill list. I disagreed, but I gave the pyromancer Bluff because that's what I assumed he'd be doing, but you didn't give this guy either...so I would pick one and give it to them.
My bad, I had meant for Diplomacy to be on there. Thank you very much for catching that!

Elemental Savant: There's going to be a bit of tricky wording here, but you should know that Piercing Cold specifically has no effect on creatures with the [cold] subtype. (It still pierces cold immunity, but not if the creature is immune to cold by being [cold]). However, Searing Spell does not have this restriction. So you'll need to work that into the ability somehow, that Piercing Cold doesn't help you deal full damage against a creature with the [cold] subtype.
Oh, yeah... I always thought that was stupid. Man, we were just talking about that, too, weren't we (shivering touch vs white dragon)? I'm a little scatterbrained recently. Anyhoo, I'll see what I can do with the wording to get that cleared up.

Elemental Focus (Ex): Yikes. Definitely very little reason for someone to choose Fiery Heart over Icy Heart with this ability. Between Cold Focus, Greater Cold Focus and nine levels in this class, you're getting a +5 DC to all your [cold] spells.
While the effects of those two feats and nine levels are, indeed, a +5 to the DC... Is that really such a terrible thing? I'd say it was a ridiculous thing, myself, if it weren't for the fact that you had to blow two feats on it and are minimum level 14. Maybe my sense of balance is off today... I only feel bad that the Fiery Souls can't do the same thing.

Elemental Apotheosis: Nice! Very nice ability. However, I would note that if you are Large or Larger, you get a pair of slams instead of 1. (as Elementals do)
Ooh, good catch; I'll tack that on there. (It's not fair to the Small and medium guys, but how many creatures are really going to use their slams instead of their spells, anyway?)

All in all, a good class. I like it.
Now I'm all tingly inside.