1. - Top - End - #6
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Disciple (3.5, Healer fix-ish, PEACH)

Quote Originally Posted by eftexar View Post
    I like this. The cleric needs knocked down a peg (I've always thought the holy warrior and healer should be separate classes).
    May I suggest creating feats or abilities to drop damage die with smite for special effects (sort of like the rogue does with sneak attack)?
    And what if you lose spells and use a system like the clerics turn undead. What I mean by that is grant an ability with limited uses and allow it to be expended to get spell-like effects. While I'm all for this class, I'm also all for removing vanacian spellcasting (which you seemed to be thinking about).
    Hmm, I think I can come up with some feats for trading smite/penance damage. Not really sure about the no spellcasting, though. The idea would be neat, but it might just turn into "it's magic but not". I'll have to do some thinking on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kane0 View Post
    Just breezed over this, and I think your onto a winner here.

Ill post some more complete thoughts later on, but may i suggest you change the name for smite? It seems to be too different from normal smites to be named like them. Something following the fluff of mercy, perhaps?
    Hm...good idea. I've switched all references to Smite over to Penance, which I think fits a little better.
    Last edited by Derjuin; 2012-01-25 at 01:12 AM.
    Behold! My tiny deviantart gallery!
    Comment, browse the itty-bitty collection, etc.
    Morning Star