View Single Post

Thread: The Expert [D&D 3.5, PC Base Class]

1. - Top - End - #15
    Troll in the Playground

Default Re: The Expert [D&D 3.5, PC Base Class]

Quote Originally Posted by silver spectre View Post
    I don't know if it was an oversight (I hope not), but as written an Expert archer on high ground is a considerable threat at considerable range (as an archer should be) as the advantageous strike has no set range limit.
    I like that, but most folks shy away from that.

Is it your intent to have no range limit on it?
    Good call, I should address that. If the rules for Spot made any sense for anything other than spotting hidden creatures, then I could use them here, but since they don't I'll just have to wing it.

As the general rule, I'm going to say that Advantageous Strike can be applied using ranged attacks against any creature you can see as long as they are within your weapon's first range increment.

EDIT: Also added the Sharpshooter special ability which requires Spot 5 ranks and the Deadly Strike special ability.

Also, would the Font of Inspiration feat apply to this class, or would the Factotum's IPs stack with it?
    Font of Inspiration... yes. Probably. I'm considering revising Font of Inspiration so that you can use it to gain additional IP as well as increase your IP recharge rate, but I'm not sure how I want to do it just yet. Do Factotum IP stack with it? No. Factotum and this class really shouldn't be used together.
    Last edited by Ziegander; 2012-02-14 at 03:14 PM.
    Homebrew

Other Stuff
    Spoiler
    Show
    Special Thanks: Kymme! You and your awesome avatarist skills have made me a Lore Warden in addition to King of Fighter Fixes!