Quote Originally Posted by VarianArdell View Post
well, actually:
Yah, it says it at the beginning of the chapter, even though several salient abilities are useful without a divine rank as Dante & Vergil said.

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
To be honest, I really struggle with the idea that not carrying stuff around for a really long time is a legitimate condition for divinity. The other stuff - cool. Becoming a demigod should require a substantial effort, though... some sort of quest, some spell, some divine boon. I always assumed that VoP's benefits (more or less) were essentially a replacement for the advantages of items. Should that list include godhood?
It seems to me as the logical progression, you have forsworn any items and therefore become closer to being divine, you gain perfection at 20th, quasi divinity at 30th and Divinity (rank 1) at 40th, to me that establishes the actual power level of more powerful gods. (Level = rank x 10 +30)

And If they are 40th they should be pretty darn close if not all ready, plus I do believe there are several Epic Destiny's that do similar things, maybe to a lesser extent as there is really nothing written for 31+ level of play.

Quote Originally Posted by NineThePuma View Post
Something that's always bugged me.

Why is there a cap on the Natural Armor boost but not the Deflection boost?
I have had the same feeling but I did not want to rewrite Vaynor's and/or Drolyts original idea, it has become the standard VoP on these boards and I don't want to mess with it.

I would most likely change it to a standard increase like the Deflection bonus or make it equal to your Constitution Modifier.