Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Cookie View Post
By halving the damage you will deal (Minimum 1 point), you can bypass regeneration of creatures and deal the damage as lethal. This is a supernatural ability.
There is no reason for this to be supernatural. It should be extraordinary.

When a creature is damaged to 0hp or less, it is slain instantly. This ability requires the weapon in question to be, at least, one size category smaller than the creature in question. *
Why exactly do you have to use a weapon that is smaller than the creature? If anything I would expect that your weapon need be of the same size as the creature in question or larger. Why can't a medium dagger instantly slay a Small creature? Why then can it instantly slay a Colossal creature? To me, this makes no sense.

If you take a -10 penalty to the attack roll, you can leave a wound (If slashing/piercing) or severe knock (If bludgeoning) that can't heal on its own. Half the damage dealt cannot be healed by non-magical means including fast healing/regeneration (If the damage was lethal). Supernatural fast healing/regeneration are considered non-magical.
Wow. A -10 penalty, huh? For a -50% reduction in accuracy I would like to receive a MUCH larger pay off. Like instant death even to normally immune targets.

You can kill any enemy with massive damage, even if it would normally be immune.
This is good, but, not to be unnecessarily contrary, and maybe it's just me, do DMs ever actually use the massive damage rule? I don't because I don't want crits to carry a save-or-die from low level nor do I want every high level melee attack to always be a save-or-die. I've never played in a game where the DM used the massive damage rule...