View Single Post

Thread: Order of the Phoenix idea [D&D 3.5]

1. - Top - End - #10
    Barbarian in the Playground

GreenSorcererElf

Default Re: Order of the Phoenix idea [D&D 3.5]

I don't want this to get too political, but I'd recommend against making a Paladin order fascist.

Otherwise, I'd recommend making your order rather secretive (or as secretive as can be among a class that cannot lie), but with a good public face; their front would be upstanding members of the community dedicated to defense and good works. They'd probably have chapter houses located in undead-prone areas; in cities they'd spend public funds on providing courses for learning about the undead to better protect against them. In more rural areas, they'd help protect roads, villages, and trade routes from being overwhelmed by necromancers, ghouls, and the usual rogue's gallery of creatures of the night.

So they'd come off less as "isolated kooks with something to hide" and more like "decent, honorable folk knowledgeable of horrors too terrible to comprehend." And on the off-chance somebody does discover their secret, they'd probably not talk about it if the Order helps bring social stability.
    Last edited by Libertad; 2012-03-07 at 03:39 PM.

"Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it."
    ~George Bernard Shaw, 1856-1950

High 5e: A Review, Resource, & Request Thread for 3rd party 5th Edition Sourcebooks.

Spheres of Power & Might by Setting

Extended Signature