Quote Originally Posted by NeoSeraphi View Post
Really? Because when I play rangers, I fill absolutely every one of my spell slots (of every level) with hunter's mercy, because it is a ridiculously good spell. I think I'd actually get quite a lot of use out of this feat. Plus, you get it as a bonus feat, so it's not like you have to waste a feat slot on it. (Unless you want Manyshot, but full-attacking is generally better for single-classed rangers anyway. If you're a Swift Hunter, yeah, you probably wouldn't take this feat).
You would get a lot of use out of it, yes, but that doesn't excuse sloppy design. There's a ton of other very good ranger spells out there, and a lot of them even revolve around archery. Aside from which, archery isn't about full-round volleys - it's about enabling standard-action volleys.

Edit: Changed the feat to always be active and apply to all critical hits.
A bit better, balance-wise. It's now on par with other feats that affect critical hits. The problem, of course, is that critical-hit feats are also bad design (mostly on WotC's part) because they're both passive (no-no) and of highly limited utility (no-no) whilst also relying on an incredibly rare event to go off.