1. - Top - End - #16
    Titan in the Playground

Default Re: (3.X) Which is better for AC Insight or sacred/profane?

Quote Originally Posted by Person_Man View Post
    I'm of the opinion that you should type your bonuses based on your intended play style and fluff. If it's from a divine,
    It is.
    use Sacred/Profane, because you don't want a Cleric/Whatever stacking up a bunch of bonuses and making it unhittable.
    ...Both Protection from Chaos/Evil/Good/Law and Shield of Faith grant deflection bonus.* I already have a note to GMs not to allow my class in Gesalt, and since I already have a way of discouraging one level dips into my class for AC, that takes care of half of that problem. Going Grace-Gift 12**/Cleric 1/Grace-Gift X is not an issue since this is the party member that everybody buffs GLADLY if they are RPing a Wisdom score above 12, and I hear that AC becomes slightly less meaningful at those levels anyway in normal play.

*Magic Vestment gives an Enhancement bonus, so that is pretty much irrelevant since enhancement bonuses make NO sense in this case.
    **The minimum level of Grace-Gift to get an option that ISN'T Deflection.

tl;dr I am pretty certain I want to start with Deflection bonuses. As for what comes next... Sacred/Profane
    If it's Tier 4 or lower, then make it untyped.
    I am aiming for something... more powerful than most Tier 4s.

The class concept I am working with here is... really odd. Think "Defender (Buffer)"... crossed with "Defender(Tank)"... and a small splash of "Defender"... and then with a few things to do that make it useful outside of combat.

Their offense is equivalent to a commoner, EXCEPT when making some types of AoOs, at which point, at 3rd level or higher, they start being as skilled(or more so) as a paladin, but without the per-day or alignment limits on their smite.

All of which to say that being really hard to hit is actually PERHAPS part of the picture.

For anyone who still needs a more specific idea see The Grace-Gift.
    Last edited by DracoDei; 2012-03-29 at 10:38 PM.
    [Public Service Announcement]P.E.A.C.H stands for Please Examine And Critique Honestly[/Public Service Announcement]
    Currently Running: Equestria Begins (A High Tactics campaign)
    Extended Signature
    My Homebrew is meant to be used, but, if you do, PLEASE tell me how it goes.