Quote Originally Posted by Garryl View Post
For the Study in Speed ACF, is there any difference between this and just getting Martial Study every 4 levels, other than the fact that you can take it more than 3 times, you don't get the discipline's class skill, and you can't apply it to an existing initiator progression?
Nope

Border Guardian:
The table does not list the expected increase to +4d6 at level 7, instead leaving it at +3d6.
Thanks for catching that. I'll make the fix.

Why does Sign of the Border Guardian affect stronger opponents more easily? Shouldn't this be a Will save or something? Triggering a negative effect only if your enemy succeeds (and nothing on a failure) is counter-intuitive. It's also kind of useless if you can voluntarily choose to fail a check (which I've seen a few people play with, although I think that rule only actually applies to saving throws).
Because it's not like an aura you exude or any ability you actively project from your person. It's based on your enemy recognizing something about you and linking that with your reputation or your group's reputation. As such, it's not a save, and enemies that are more knowledgeable are more likely to know about you and the legends that surround you. Obviously, if you can intentionally fail the check the ability is meaningless, but I wouldn't allow that rule in this case. I'll make a note to this effect.

For Sudden Skirmish, which is the actual trigger that allows the extra damage, being flat-footed or being denied Dex to AC? Is, for example, a flat-footed character with Uncanny Dodge (not denied Dex to AC) subject to the extra damage? Is a running character (denied Dex to AC but not flat-footed) subject to it?
Good point. *Change'd*

If you have an ability that changes you Skirmish dice to d4s or d8 or anything else other than d6s, would that make Death Blow's save DC a fixed 25?
I can't remember off the top of my head any feats that do that for skirmish, but I'll make the change anyway, just in case.

Outrider:
- If you have levels in multiple classes that grant Skirmish, does Outrider stack with all of them?
Yes

- Turn in the Saddle: Does this also grant the benefit of the normal Uncanny Dodge ability? They are, after all, different abilitites.
I've re-worded the ability back to its original, which hopefully resolves this confusion. I know I just made the change to using Improved Uncanny Dodge directly, but I've thought about it some more and like it better this way.

I've also made some more changes to the Outrider to reflect other comments. Thoughts?

Mephibosheth