Quote Originally Posted by ChaoticBroth View Post
If you want to use Darksteel, then I'd suggest using it as a weapon/armor template for gear/golems. Something along the lines of Darksteel-infused or something like that, with different levels of Darksteel used in the crafting process to improve the ability of the weapons/armor. Still, it would be a pretty expensive one.
This is a great advice. Come to think of it, there are no LIVING creatures covered in Darksteel on Mirrodin, just constructs, be they golem-like or animated objects, made of it. Great point, ChaoticBroth! I think there may be three types of "materials", in increasing levels of effectiveness: Darksteel-coated, Darksteel-infused and Darksteel proper. Getting the latter would be prohibitively expensive, and would require someone that could actually work the metal. It's a promising idea, I'll try brewing it. Expect an update soon

Also, is it just me, or would Mirran grafts be totally badass? They'd be powerful, sure, but come with their own natural side effects. And maybe even corrupt you sufficiently into becoming a Mirran.
Oooooh, that's something I never even considered. Might be a great idea, specially for a campaign that doesn't really include Mirrodin! I'll see if I can come up with something!

Otherwise, this is amazing. I can't even get started on how much I love this.
Hey, I'm glad you liked it!

Quote Originally Posted by toapat View Post
i think the actual problem with darksteel porting isnt so much making it more powerful then adamantine, so much as the fact that darksteel objects grow larger as they age (Darksteel is Thran Metal from the Artifacts cycle).
Is that true? Heck, I don't remember reading anything about it... Actually, unless it is said in one of the books, anything I read about darksteel, like this article, completely ignores this fact. Could you point me towards something on the subject? The best course of action to convert it, I think, would be to ignore this, anyways, to avoid balancing weirdness and overall weirdness.

i think reinforced skin should be renamed living metal, and also allow the character to receive 50% repair healing
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure no Mirran ever received healing in form of repairs Even though their skin is covered in metal, they are still flesh and blood.

I personally dont think though that the Mirran Template should be one singular template, but should instead be 5-7 templates, one for each skintype (Gold, Silver, Lead, Iron, and Copper), in addition to the mithral and adamantine forms.
I think that is an unnecessary complication. Mechanically, they should do the same thing, that is, adding armor, increasing damage and giving partial immunity to critical hits and sneak attacks. Specialized templates would only add confusion, as NeoSeraphi previously pointed out. I did explore that option before, as you can see in the second post's spoiler There could be feats for that, like the ones for mithral and adamantine, but I don't know what they could do without being too weak or giving abilities unrelated to the metal itself. Just decide what regular metal your skin is covered in, just as you decide which color your hair and your eyes are, and go from there

as i said though, darksteel should be a Racial PrC, not a template itself though, a bit too powerful
As pointed above, there are no living creatures with darksteel on their skin, so this should be just a material.

Edit: Also, i doubt a few rules from the Chainmail Bikini book would be out of place here, consider this Girl isnt actually wearing anything from what we can tell
Hahahaha, great point! I'm not familiar with the rules, but if the DM want's to use them, I'm sure they would fit right in